Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Steering wheel lock recommendations

Hi guys (and girls)

What steering wheel locks would you recommend from personal use?  Been thinking about getting one for some time now. It will need to fit a 2016 NX300h and be suitable for a 22MY NX350h should it ever arrive!

many thanks in advance. Andy 

I use a Stoplock Pro Elite on my 2018 RX and would highly reccommend it.

In various tests and reviews it took more than five minutes to defeat it, and that was using hammers, saws and chisels. That's five minutes of noise and hassle that the scrotes don't want plus, being big and bright yellow means that it's a visible deterrent in the first place.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

In various tests and reviews it took more than five minutes to defeat it, and that was using hammers, saws and chisels. That's five minutes of noise and hassle that the scrotes don't want plus, being big and bright yellow means that it's a visible deterrent in the first place.

I agree with Herbs - I've got the Stoplock too. The other one that comes out well in reviews is the Disklok. This appears to have the advantage of covering the steering, presumably making it difficult to remove the whole steering wheel. I don't know but I imagine it is heavier, which could be a disadvantage when fitting or removing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andyml said:

Hi guys (and girls)

What steering wheel locks would you recommend from personal use?  Been thinking about getting one for some time now. It will need to fit a 2016 NX300h and be suitable for a 22MY NX350h should it ever arrive!

Andy.. Have a look at the Milenco steering Wheel lock .I bought mine several months ago and in my opinion it fits the bill exactly Great fit on the wheel between the Two struts and looks good .Bit pricey but does the job..worth a look but remember Andy if a professional car thief wants your car Its AWAY..Ring cctv security 24/7 on your car is another recommendation i would make...Seasons Greetings Ron

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Andy.. Have a look at the Milenco steering Wheel lock .I bought mine several months ago and in my opinion it fits the bill exactly Great fit on the wheel between the Two struts and looks good .Bit pricey but does the job..worth a look but remember Andy if a professional car thief wants your car Its AWAY..Ring cctv security 24/7 on your car is another recommendation i would make...Seasons Greetings Ron

Will do Ronnie - many thanks for adding to the suggestions. 👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Herbie said:

Thanks Herbie - this was right at the top of my list for consideration. Very helpful 👍👍

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

I agree with Herbs - I've got the Stoplock too. The other one that comes out well in reviews is the Disklok. This appears to have the advantage of covering the steering, presumably making it difficult to remove the whole steering wheel. I don't know but I imagine it is heavier, which could be a disadvantage when fitting or removing.

Many thanks Harrier Man - very helpful indeed- I’m not so keen on the extra bulk of the Disklock even if it adds extra protection so Stoplock will probably be just the ticket.   👍

• Like 1

I should have mentioned that there are 2 models that are suitable, the Pro and the Pro Elite. They both have the same strength and locks, the difference is that the Pro Elite has deeper curves for steering wheels with a deeper dish. IIRC, the application guide recommends the Pro but says the Pro Elite will fit. I did go for the latter model, just in case my next car needed it but the Pro might have been better choice and would have saved me a couple of quid. See the manufacturer's website for full details.

1 hour ago, Simon F said:

When I look on Amazon it states that neither the Pro nor the Pro Elite fit the NX 350h?

Naturally always best to check for your particular model. I prefer the manufacturer's website (saxon-brands.com/product/stoplock). Andy's NX300h is listed with the Pro model recommended. His 22 NX350h isn't listed but since the Pro is recommended for all Lexus models in the application guide, I think it's safe to assume it will fit. MY NX450h isn't listed either but the Stoplock does fit.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

Naturally always best to check for your particular model. I prefer the manufacturer's website (saxon-brands.com/product/stoplock). Andy's NX300h is listed with the Pro model recommended. His 22 NX350h isn't listed but since the Pro is recommended for all Lexus models in the application guide, I think it's safe to assume it will fit. MY NX450h isn't listed either but the Stoplock does fit.

Yes.  I just checked and there are no steering wheel locks that fit the NX 350h according to amazon.  I assume that their database hasn't been updated for the second generation NX yet and your real world guidance is clearly more up to date.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2022 at 3:20 PM, Andyml said:

Just thought I’d upload the compatibility chart from the distributor….(thanks Harrier Man)

Green cells = compatible

Blue cells = recommended. 

5131EF5B-5F92-445D-BBA2-4AE8D19DFA5F.jpeg

This is great info. Many thanks for sharing 

• 8 months later...
On 12/16/2022 at 11:53 AM, Andyml said:

Hi guys (and girls)

Have the Milenco... Delighted with it and looks really good ..Fits perfectly Horizontally Andy .i agree the Stoplock pro gets a slightly better review but i liked the Milenco lock Worth a look..!!!  cool

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 2:09 PM, Harrier Man said:

yes.. Looked at that one but its very Heavy

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I watched a video on YouTube whereby the "thieves" drilled off the lock in less than 30 seconds!😳.

The other thing I'd worry about is where do you store it when actually driving the car? If it's loose inside the car and you have to brake sharply or worse have an accident, it's likely to cause serious personal injury? I guess you'd have to remove it and store it in the boot every time you want to use it?

Not for me, but I'm not sure what the alternative is either🤔😳

• Like 1

I purchased the stoplock pro elite for the nx 350h. it fits but not optimal, eg you are supposed to fit the lock between 2 spokes of the steering wheel - which is not possible due to the thickness of the spokes.

so the thief will need to cut the steering wheel at only one location.

also found fitting the lock every time a PITA.

on the positive side - you can store the lock in the under boot cut outs without any problems.

39 minutes ago, CGJ said:

Unfortunately I watched a video on YouTube whereby the "thieves" drilled off the lock in less than 30 seconds!😳.

The other thing I'd worry about is where do you store it when actually driving the car? If it's loose inside the car and you have to brake sharply or worse have an accident, it's likely to cause serious personal injury? I guess you'd have to remove it and store it in the boot every time you want to use it?

Not for me, but I'm not sure what the alternative is either🤔😳

I have the Milenco and store it under the front passenger seat. I use it all the time and find it very easy to use. Better to have some visible deterrent to at least make thieves know they have another hurdle to cross before they damage the outside of the car.

I used to use a wheel lock in the 90s but went cold on the idea after a friend's car was stolen once the thieves had cut through the lock. The car was found the next day with a badly damaged wheel and dash - all caused by the thieves having to remove the lock. If a thief wants your car they'll come looking for the keys - and that includes the key to your wheel lock.

Just read about a car that was stolen from outside a house while the owners were asleep in the house. The owner had done what they thought was right - keys in a Faraday pouch and steering lock fitted. To steal the car the thieves simply broke into the house by forcing the back door, let the owners dog out to roam the streets to keep it quiet, found the car keys in the pouch, and took the car. The only other thing the owner could do would have been to keep the steering lock key separate to the car keys, but as they said they wouldn't like to think how they may have been confronted by the thieves in that case.

I know in some cases thieves wouldn't want to confront owners, but the more one protects the car and the less they can get without entering a property the more likely it could be that thieves end up breaking in to a house to get the keys and then may cause physical harm to the occupants in the process... certainly stating to hear more of these cases where they know they can't get the car any other way than breaking into the house to find the car keys.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links