Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Water Pump Change?

Hi Guys

My car just gone in for its yearly service at Lexus. They have advised that the water pump needs doing. Is this something that should be done? or can it wait? My Millage is currently 108k

23 minutes ago, shafque said:

Hi Guys

My car just gone in for its yearly service at Lexus. They have advised that the water pump needs doing. Is this something that should be done? or can it wait? My Millage is currently 108k

I was told in August that my exhaust was blowing and should be replaced. Lexus quoted £8oo to do the job.

I declined and guess what? It is still not blowing !

There are Revenue Seekers and there are somewhere, some honest garages.

Customer Beware, I say.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, shafque said:

Hi Guys

Took my NX in for it's third service, around 30k and when I collected the car they had changed my water pump, they said it was seeping and replaced it at no cost, under warranty.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Strange. Do you think they are hungry for work? Or is it a common failure on the NX?

I have done some research on the net and looks like its a common problem especially in the USA. 

37 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Strange. Do you think they are hungry for work? Or is it a common failure on the NX?

28 minutes ago, Spock66 said:

Have they stated it has a problem eg leaking or just a general recommendation?

They did mention that some coolant was leaking and I had no coolant in the vehicle.

To be honest I am shocked. Especially as its a Lexus. I have had older Lexus's before and have ran them into the ground. I'm talking like old school IS200 and the GS 300 and never had to change the water pump. I cant remember exactly but the millage  on my previous vehicles were 150 - 160k plus.

• Like 2

Water pumps are usually changed when the timing belt is being done because they live very close to each other and it means only one lot of labour needs to be paid for. Have you had the belt done?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Herbie said:

Water pumps are usually changed when the timing belt is being done because they live very close to each other and it means only one lot of labour needs to be paid for. Have you had the belt done?

Does the NX have a timing belt, or is it a chain?

• 2 weeks later...

The water pump is starting to leak on my own NX, I noticed the staining on the oil filter houseing when doing the last oil change. Just gona keep an eye on the coolant level on a weekly basis, when the coolant lose increases then ill change the pump. Pump is located at front of engine and should be an easy change. 2016 300h 78k.  

Ken

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links