Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2023 delivery date

2 hours ago, Vira said:

So.. I placed my order for 450h+ in August 2022. Delivery expected at the time was March 2023. Since then it has consistently slipped to my utter frustration. Spoke to the dealer today and build is now expected in July and delivery in September.

No one can give me an iron promise that these new dates will hold. He said that I am in a 'better' position since many other orders during the same order time have slipped into January 2024.

Somehow I was keeping myself hopeful but rational part of me is asking now to explore other options - and soon...

Like you, my delivery slipped from January to April and then 'in build' appeared in April, delivery is imminent, I am told. That's from my order in May 22. I had similar thoughts but really want my Lexus NX450h+ and stuck my ground. I am glad I did, although I don't actually have it yet! Does this help you at all? I can hardly think so as you already know so many more in the same boat. But just wanted to share the frustration before the ultimate joy. Once you get 'in build', you are on your way - I am told - and that seems to be the general experience here. 

• Like 1

Can someone please tell me how I can track delivery on the Lexus app? How do I add my new car when I have no details? I don't see any options for a new car in the app, which only shows my current car. I know the app is not the best, but it would make me feel I am doing something while I wait for my new car due next month to add it and see it on the app. 

Thanks so much!

40 minutes ago, Harry Junior said:

Can someone please tell me how I can track delivery on the Lexus app? How do I add my new car when I have no details? I don't see any options for a new car in the app, which only shows my current car. I know the app is not the best, but it would make me feel I am doing something while I wait for my new car due next month to add it and see it on the app. 

Thanks so much!

Hi John, have a look at my post on 15th on the app for your new car.

like you mine has “ left the factory” in April so looking at early June to take deliver. 

Things are moving fast.

I just signed the licence registration form and got my VIN...

Set up my appointment for my free eco-driving training (90 minutes course included in the rental package for businesses) in May

Confirmed the pick up on Saturday morning 9:30 AM...Only 90 or so hours remaining

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Klaudiusz said:

Build takes 18-36 hours and vary from a spec. 2-3 weeks of lead time is related to the vessel transport. Cars are waiting on a parking for loads. 

Yes, "pure" build time is rather short for every manufacturer, after these are all mass produced objects. But you still have static and rolling Q/C, storage at the factory lot and so on...hence my "shortcut" to a 2 to 3 weeks time frame 

1 hour ago, HMT said:

Hi John, have a look at my post on 15th on the app for your new car.

like you mine has “ left the factory” in April so looking at early June to take deliver. 

Thanks Harry. I checked out your post and realised I was logged into wrong email on the app. Basically I had to delete the app and apply for a new account using my correct mail address and voila! There it is, and to my amazement, it's showing 'arrived at centre' - i.e. my dealer! Can you believe? Guess my next port of call! 

Thanks again, 

John

On 4/14/2023 at 5:32 PM, imgo said:

Hi Gary, I have also ordered a NX350h Takumi like yourself, mine ordered on 12th Feb 22, so 14 months now.

Below is the response from Lexus customer relations I had on the 6th March 23:-

"Dear Michael

Thank you for your email and please accept my apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

With the changes that are currently being implemented it has unfortunately taken some time to get confirmation of the information you were requesting.

I can now advise that your vehicle order will definitely be a MY24 when it does get matched, meaning it will benefit from the new specification.  However, we have still not been able to get a matched or confirmed build date for your order and have been advised that based on your order position in the queue for the NX Takumi model, realistically we are now looking at an estimated delivery date of around October 2023. (could be subject to change)."

Thanks for copying your reply from Customer Relations, Michael. Much appreciated. That’s much better than that one paragraph response I got. 

I do genuinely feel sorry for you as I know you’ve ordered the same model as me, are three months further down the line and still don’t have any solid information. Why I’m being told ‘August’ I really don’t know. I fully expect to be told mine is going to be at very least as far back into the year as yours.

It’s also interesting to see that they actually mention a ‘queue’. It’s just a pity they can’t acknowledge the factory are bumping some orders up that queue, leaving folks like us in the dark...

On 4/14/2023 at 6:15 PM, Carefr33 said:

I too ordered an NX350 Takumi way back in February 2022 and having become frustrated at the delays I emailed Lexus CS last weekend,

To their credit I received a response the next day (this was the Easter weekend remember) however the response as shown below adds little encouragement to those of us waiting for this model.

Thank you for your email regarding your vehicle orders. We are very thankful for your patience and custom whilst we work towards the production and supply of your vehicle order.

We sincerely apologise for any delays that are occurring. As you may be aware, the whole motor industry is facing unprecedented challenges when it comes to the supply of vehicles and parts.
Regrettably we have seen disruption to our supply and production of cars, logistics and the movement of raw materials. These issues have had a knock-on impact on product capacity in Japan.

Regrettably I cannot comment on the conversations you have held with the sales staff at your Lexus Centre. I referred your enquiry onto the Sales Management of Lexus Sidcup to ensure your comments are highlighted with them, and requested that you are updated with any information related to your vehicle order in the near future.

The Takumi model of NX is also the highest specification Lexus offer, and utilises the largest amount of components required for production. It is therefore, one of the most impacted in terms of requiring additional components.

I am sorry to confirm that we cannot provide exact dates of any kind. We presently offer estimates as to when we can expect vehicle production to be allocated with our orders.
Lexus have been affected by last minute and unforeseen changes to our production allocation in recent months from the factories, which is entirely unsatisfactory however unavoidable for us. This is not just a Lexus issue, but an industry wide situation impacted by a large number of factors external to Lexus control.

We therefore presently offer production month estimations with shipping estimates. Once a vehicle is produced and allocated shipping, we can begin to narrow down on the anticipated ETA for your orders and support you with clearer information.

We sincerely thank you for your continued patience, and I appreciate that this email carries further disappointment. We are not in a position to offer any specific dates and feel it would be inappropriate for us to do so in the current climate. For this I do apologise and trust that I have explained the reasons for this.

Thank you too for copying your reply, Graeme. I do appreciate it. Like Michael who I’ve quoted above, you’re in the same position as me with the same model on order - only three months further down the line. I’ll be at the 11th month mark next week.

It makes you wonder if they are actually saving any of these additional components for our Takumi models because if they’re just using them on others instead to get them out of the factory, what’s the likelihood we’ll ever see our own NX’s ever make it to production?! 

19 hours ago, BobSl said:

I seem to be in the same position as everyone else. I ordered my NX350H F Sport at the end of May 2022 and was given a delivery date of April/May 2023. An image of the car appeared almost immediately in my garage on the Lexus app. It’s still showing as pending. The only information I’ve had is when I’ve prompt Lexus Bristol. Each time I’ve spoke to them the April/May date was confirmed.  

I was aware that it takes about a week to build and then about 6 weeks to get here from Japan. I started chasing again at the beginning of April. On Thursday I was told some vague sounding date of October. October seems to be quite a common date on the forums so not sure if it’s real or not.

I’m as wound up about the lack of information from Lexus and the dealership as much as I am about the non-car. Most of the people I got to know at the centre over the last six years have gone and there’s been two changes of ownership. I wonder if this is the cause of poor communications.

My current NX is three in September so I’ll have to service and MOT it. I bought it on a PCP so I’ll have to re-finance it. I was told when I ordered 16 months was more than enough time. 

Hi Bob. 

If you’ve seen my post from last Friday on this thread, you’ll have seen that on social media, Lexus themselves have told me to ask them again for the latest information at the end of May. Until then, I’m expected to continue to sit in limbo. That would take my order up to a full year, like yourself, without any information with regards to it’s progress whatsoever. As we’ve seen from earlier in this thread, many other people by this time, if they aren’t about to receive their new NX, have had at very least a build date or shipping date. So, that begs the question. What exactly is going on with our orders? 

To me, in my humble opinion, something has gone very wrong and we’re simply not being told. I also feel they’re worried about losing orders because whilst I’m still being old August/Mid-August, we have several others like yourself being told October. I’m expecting this to be the case for mine when I chase again at the end of next month. I suspect whenever you’re getting vaguely close to an estimated date (making you think there’s light at the end of this incredibly long tunnel), they put it back another few months... 

As I said in my last post and I’m sorry for sounding like a broken record here, it seems the factory is only wanting to build certain NX’s and keeping other people’s at the back of the queue indefinitely, regardless of how long they’ve waited. It’s damaging the brand and it’ll no doubt cost multiple orders over the course of this year if people aren’t getting the same basic courtesy of build/shipping dates.

Like yourself, I’m going to have to extend my current contract on my UX, which ends in September. Lexus have left me no choice and their own finance people have already asked me how long they want me to extend it for. I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place. The dealer has no information other than a basic ETA ‘subject to change’, Lexus on social media are basically repeating what I’ve already been told and Customer Relations, despite two separate e-mail, have not responded to me.

Sounds like a familiar tune to my ears.
My order was placed in feb 22 with a delivery timeframe between oct 22 and Dec 22

In July, a weird allocation mismatch happened, my sales rep phoned me and told me that my NX will be a couple of months early and that it will be stored until the end of my current lease contract. That was bogus, in September, he apologized for the mismatch (which was due to human error on the not so evolved tracking system used by Lexus France) and announced a "drift" (so to speak) of the delivery time frame to January 23 - March 23 but he was confident that a January delivery was highly probable.

That meant that my car was supposed to be build in November 23 but as time passed, there was no tracking actualisation and each passing month resulted in another delay.
I had to extend my current lease (which was luckily open ended) but with an extra cost. 

Then out of the blue, I got a rare proactive call of my sales rep telling me that the car will be delivered to Lexus France Stock on march 26 !

Some logistics shenanigans later, it finally made its way to the dealership 3 days ago !

Do not give up !

2 hours ago, Harry Junior said:

Thanks Harry. I checked out your post and realised I was logged into wrong email on the app. Basically I had to delete the app and apply for a new account using my correct mail address and voila! There it is, and to my amazement, it's showing 'arrived at centre' - i.e. my dealer! Can you believe? Guess my next port of call! 

Thanks again, 

John

2nd reply: Interestingly, or not, there seems to be two versions of this. I just received an email from Lexus to tell me the car is at the dealer forecourt and invites me to sign in, with a link. Sure enough, there's my car at the dealer.  However, when i go into the app on my phone, the care is still at  'left the factory'. For some reason the app has not updated with the latest information. I say latest because I am going by my mail today from Lexus. Have you tried logging in to the web version, rather than the app?

7 hours ago, Vira said:

So.. I placed my order for 450h+ in August 2022. Delivery expected at the time was March 2023. Since then it has consistently slipped to my utter frustration. Spoke to the dealer today and build is now expected in July and delivery in September.

No one can give me an iron promise that these new dates will hold. He said that I am in a 'better' position since many other orders during the same order time have slipped into January 2024.

Somehow I was keeping myself hopeful but rational part of me is asking now to explore other options - and soon...

Viv, part of the problem is the lack of information ( and different info.) that the dealerships are giving.  I ordered my 450h in June 22 and was told it would be “about a year”.  The dealership were reluctant to give updates due to the various problems around supply and production delays.

I spoke to Lexus CS a few months ago and said plan was build in April delivery during June subject to all the caveats on delays etc.

my car has now been built and left the factory in April. So suggest you contact Lexus Customer Services and try to get a realistic date from them.

As to looking elsewhere then I think you will find all the major manufactures have long lead times especially for the plug ins.  So it may be “safer” to stay with your order than wait even longer for a car from someone else?

• Like 1

Finally got some good news at last, had a call this evening from my Lexus dealership saying that Lexus have told him my NX350h Takumi has now been 'matched' for production in May with delivery in July / early August. Was told only last month approx eta was October, so this is the first time the eta has come forward. Ordered car 12th Feb 2022, so would be 17 / 18 months from order to delivery.

So it does seem like things are ramping up now and the factory is getting through the backlog.

Hold your nerve everyone, hopefully won't be long now for us all.

Now all I have to do is sell my IS300h !

Michael. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ordered my NX450+ Premium Pack with Premium Pack Plus on 1st Feb. I was told  Production Month of 20th April with likely delivery in June. TODAY my Dealer advised me that build date is now estimated as November which probably means that I will not get the car until the new year. I have just been on the 'Build Your NX' page on the Lexus UK Site where the following is stated:

"Due to production lead times, any new orders will be built in accordance to the next available model year, meaning specification and pricing may vary. You will be notified by your Centre when final pricing and specifications are published to finalise your order. Until then, your order will be considered a pre-order that you may cancel with a full refund."

I hope that I am right in assuming that as I have an existing order the price quoted at the time of order will be honoured.

Marc

3 hours ago, MarcG said:

Ordered my NX450+ Premium Pack with Premium Pack Plus on 1st Feb. I was told  Production Month of 20th April with likely delivery in June. TODAY my Dealer advised me that build date is now estimated as November which probably means that I will not get the car until the new year. I have just been on the 'Build Your NX' page on the Lexus UK Site where the following is stated:

"Due to production lead times, any new orders will be built in accordance to the next available model year, meaning specification and pricing may vary. You will be notified by your Centre when final pricing and specifications are published to finalise your order. Until then, your order will be considered a pre-order that you may cancel with a full refund."

I hope that I am right in assuming that as I have an existing order the price quoted at the time of order will be honoured.

Marc

Very surprised that you were given those dates is Feb.  I placed order in June 22  for same build and given an “guess of about a year”. In Jan 23 given plan (with caveats for delays) of build in April 23 and delivery during June 23., so why you were given same build & delivery dates is strange !  (My build has completed in April)
with regard to cost I asked if the price was locked despite the long lead time and was told it was.  This wording from Lexus has just recently appeared and I assume that your order docs clearly state your prices and that this only applies to new orders from them making this announcement - suggest you contact dealership just to confirm

HMT.

I am new to this Forum and have only started reading the comments recently. I too am now surprised at what I was told. I test drove the car at another Dealership and they were quoting August Delivery, so it is not just one Dealership quoting short dates. My Dealer, 5* Google Reviews, says that they work off a spreadsheet supplied by Lexus and build / delivery dates are going backwards and forward. He also said that in an effort to clear the backlog cars are being sent out with one key and one blank with the second key to follow when stocks improve.  

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

HMT.

I am new to this Forum and have only started reading the comments recently. I too am now surprised at what I was told. I test drove the car at another Dealership and they were quoting August Delivery, so it is not just one Dealership quoting short dates. My Dealer, 5* Google Reviews, says that they work off a spreadsheet supplied by Lexus and build / delivery dates are going backwards and forward. He also said that in an effort to clear the backlog cars are being sent out with one key and one blank with the second key to follow when stocks improve.  

Hi Marc, I based my comments regarding delivery on 3 things.

1.   My own experience with order from June 22

2.  The numerous comments on this forum for delivery times

3.  The comments on the Lexus website, most recently the fact that they will no longer guarantee the price of orders taken for the NX as they don’t know when / what model they will deliver ( I did paraphrase that, but you can look on the website for exact wording).

yes they do work off a spreadsheet and other info supplied by Lexus, so in theory all Lexus dealerships should give the same information, but if you read back over the various post you will see that is not always the case.  I have read that some cars are being delivered with 1 key fob, but that is only 1 part of the overall backlog
There may be a good reason your dealership can get you the car in August ( picked up a cancelled order that matches your spec?)  but in general terms the lead times are much longer - they do vary from model to model and the trim.

If you can get your car in August that is great and we’ll done

On 4/13/2023 at 11:02 AM, Deb said:

We got build date and eta for delivery from our dealer. I ask them for an update periodically and they just say its still showing as July build and September delivery. Assuming they can look it up on their system? We would leave ours at dealers until September 1st also.

Ok, visited my Lexus dealer yesterday and the date on the system is showing October 23 now. Ordered 28th Sep 22 so 13 months from order. The caveat is that this is a default date Lexus are giving for a lot of orders that he is handling and he believes all these dates will come forward with improvements in supply chain/ production but Lexus are not promising anything to dealers at the moment. Dealers are equally frustrated with this situation but my hope for September'23 number plate seems more realistic after this visit.

Had a call from my Lexus salesman to update me and he told me that my car will be ready in June. So I ask him if it would be the 24/25 model and he said he will call me back, 5 mins later he called and said yes it will be 24/25 model.

1 hour ago, WhiteHart said:

Had a call from my Lexus salesman to update me and he told me that my car will be ready in June. So I ask him if it would be the 24/25 model and he said he will call me back, 5 mins later he called and said yes it will be 24/25 model.

On my June 22 order for the NX450 built a just a few days before yours (5th April) my salesman has told me that it’s the MY23 model ?   Curious and curious???
but at least we both should see them soon and get to enjoy whatever Lexus deliver - they delays at Derby seem to be a concern

2 hours ago, HMT said:

On my June 22 order for the NX450 built a just a few days before yours (5th April) my salesman has told me that it’s the MY23 model ?   Curious and curious???
but at least we both should see them soon and get to enjoy whatever Lexus deliver - they delays at Derby seem to be a concern

Sorry, that's just me getting over excited it should have said 23/24 Which should have minor updates ( Hopefully). So it will not be last years car, which would be very sad at the price.

7 hours ago, VJ25 said:

Ok, visited my Lexus dealer yesterday and the date on the system is showing October 23 now. Ordered 28th Sep 22 so 13 months from order. The caveat is that this is a default date Lexus are giving for a lot of orders that he is handling and he believes all these dates will come forward with improvements in supply chain/ production but Lexus are not promising anything to dealers at the moment. Dealers are equally frustrated with this situation but my hope for September'23 number plate seems more realistic after this visit.

Our dealer told us this week that our order fro 30th September 22 has also been pushed back to October 23...

I'm in heaven...

spacer.png

Got one key fob and a credit card key...
Some tidbits of info : At least In France, M&L option is the main cause for 350h+ waiting time (15+ months) . Lexus France will not sell the M&L option for the 450H+ until the supply problems are sorted out.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links