Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2023 delivery date

2 hours ago, Hillie said:

I have been quiet about my vehicle delivery over the past few months due to a false 'gone to build and In Transit alert' sent by Lexus Customer Services through the App,  only then to have them cancel that notification with no explanation or reason.  Zero Communication from Lexus themselves and since then I was not sure if the informationj I was getting from the Lexus app was accurate.  Even my dealer was frustrated and did share the internal Compass system correspondence with me at all stages.  I cannot complain at the dealer here...  more on this later under another thread.

Anyway,  I collected my NX450H+ F-sport in Sonic Titanium today and I am over the moon with the vehicle.

Given the common topics and discussion points in this thread, and for those that are interested in the nitty gritty details:

Order Details

• NX450H+ F-sport Premium Plus in Sonic Titanium
  • Front and Rear Dash Cam
  • Protection Pack
  • Roof Bars + Roof Box
  • Tow Bar

Delivery

• Orderred 15th May 2022
  • Build date Mid-March 2023
  • Shipped 29th March 2023
  • Vessel Name : Morning Clarie
  • Arrived Portbury 28th April 2023
  • Arrived Derby 4th May 2023
  • Arrived Dealership (Southampton) 22nd May 2023
  • Collected 26th May 2023.

Status on key items

• The vehicle is MY24
  • Single Key Fob provided  (2nd Key Fob to be provided 'Eventually')
  • Keyfobs are 'UWB'
  • Car does include NanoeX
  • Dash Cam Front and Rear has been fitted.
  • Tow Bar Fully Fitted.  ( I believe this does disable the kick sensor option - still trying to verify)
  • Protection Pack including Mud Flaps and  Rear bumper PPF strip all fitted
  • Roof Bars and Roof Box OK (Despite Lexus shipping the wrong colour)
  • Locking wheel bolts not fitted (to be provided 'eventually')

Notes

• The Tow bar is very discrete and is recessed when not used.  I have included a picture below as I have not see any previous images of an NX Phase II of how the TB looks.  There is a cut out in the bumper skirt which can be seen from underneath.

• The HUD does not work with my Polarised Oakley's

Pictures

962453636_NXVehicleImage1redactedsmall.thumb.png.2c853820ef049e8899b7e91f2ac20d82.png1162842268_NXVehicleImage2redactedsmall.thumb.png.84e676d43dcfa832dd0b543a7d17fc62.png

936934826_NXVehicleImage3TowBarsmall.thumb.jpg.1067f685104bd4ad01dab9786c777f64.jpg

Looks great, congratulations! Do you know if the reinstalled the Yamaha damper in the rear while installing the towbar? 

As you can se it is removed but reinstalled with the lateral mount but not with the vertical one. Have asked my CS over thre months ago concerning this but still no answer…

Skärmavbild 2023-01-08 kl. 14.06.18.png

Skärmavbild 2023-01-08 kl. 14.03.46.png

Skärmavbild 2023-01-08 kl. 14.07.38.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hillie said:

I have been quiet about my vehicle delivery over the past few months due to a false 'gone to build and In Transit alert' sent by Lexus Customer Services through the App,  only then to have them cancel that notification with no explanation or reason.  Zero Communication from Lexus themselves and since then I was not sure if the informationj I was getting from the Lexus app was accurate.  Even my dealer was frustrated and did share the internal Compass system correspondence with me at all stages.  I cannot complain at the dealer here...  more on this later under another thread.

Anyway,  I collected my NX450H+ F-sport in Sonic Titanium today and I am over the moon with the vehicle.

Given the common topics and discussion points in this thread, and for those that are interested in the nitty gritty details:

Order Details

• NX450H+ F-sport Premium Plus in Sonic Titanium
  • Front and Rear Dash Cam
  • Protection Pack
  • Roof Bars + Roof Box
  • Tow Bar

Delivery

• Orderred 15th May 2022
  • Build date Mid-March 2023
  • Shipped 29th March 2023
  • Vessel Name : Morning Clarie
  • Arrived Portbury 28th April 2023
  • Arrived Derby 4th May 2023
  • Arrived Dealership (Southampton) 22nd May 2023
  • Collected 26th May 2023.

Status on key items

• The vehicle is MY24
  • Single Key Fob provided  (2nd Key Fob to be provided 'Eventually')
  • Keyfobs are 'UWB'
  • Car does include NanoeX
  • Dash Cam Front and Rear has been fitted.
  • Tow Bar Fully Fitted.  ( I believe this does disable the kick sensor option - still trying to verify)
  • Protection Pack including Mud Flaps and  Rear bumper PPF strip all fitted
  • Roof Bars and Roof Box OK (Despite Lexus shipping the wrong colour)
  • Locking wheel bolts not fitted (to be provided 'eventually')

Notes

• The Tow bar is very discrete and is recessed when not used.  I have included a picture below as I have not see any previous images of an NX Phase II of how the TB looks.  There is a cut out in the bumper skirt which can be seen from underneath.

• The HUD does not work with my Polarised Oakley's

Pictures

962453636_NXVehicleImage1redactedsmall.thumb.png.2c853820ef049e8899b7e91f2ac20d82.png1162842268_NXVehicleImage2redactedsmall.thumb.png.84e676d43dcfa832dd0b543a7d17fc62.png936934826_NXVehicleImage3TowBarsmall.thumb.jpg.1067f685104bd4ad01dab9786c777f64.jpg

Very nice.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gerge said:

Do you know if the reinstalled the Yamaha damper in the rear while installing the towbar? 

Gerge,

I will see if I can get a camera up and behind the bumper to check.  No promises though.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HMT said:

Looks great - I have gone for the same colour!
mine is at dealership getting ready for collection next week.  Got the dealership to take some photos, has mud flaps, but could see there were no locking wheel nuts on. The inside shows the MY24 build. No mention from dealership about what’s missing.

the HUD will not work with any polarised sun glasses, I found that gradient lenses work best

Ditto, Sonic Titanium and red flare with sunroof and protection pack for me.  Not ordered until early April 2023 though, with delivery due November - in theory!

11 hours ago, Hillie said:

Gerge,

I will see if I can get a camera up and behind the bumper to check.  No promises though.

Erik

PIctures below,  sorry for the poor quality,  I cannot see any Damper between the tow bar and rear under tray / floor pan.

20230527_074459.thumb.jpg.f29f740d1c6b57defdd9593e24680773.jpg

20230527_074515.thumb.jpg.bdb4ccd5388bc412edf2b9629695fce4.jpg

Just a warning the towbar electrics only power the socket they do not control the kick sensor or any rear warning alerts. The kick sensor is turned off on the screen and stays off, but the rear alerts need turning off each time you use the towbar.

Also beware of any recalls as these can reset the car back to factory settings and the kick sensor will then operate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hillie said:

Erik

PIctures below,  sorry for the poor quality,  I cannot see any Damper between the tow bar and rear under tray / floor pan.

20230527_074459.thumb.jpg.f29f740d1c6b57defdd9593e24680773.jpg

20230527_074515.thumb.jpg.bdb4ccd5388bc412edf2b9629695fce4.jpg

Thank you for checking, interesting that it is not reinstalled. Must be a reason for that.

14 minutes ago, Husky125 said:

Just a warning the towbar electrics only power the socket they do not control the kick sensor or any rear warning alerts. The kick sensor is turned off on the screen and stays off, but the rear alerts need turning off each time you use the towbar.

Also beware of any recalls as these can reset the car back to factory settings and the kick sensor will then operate.

I have ordered a “extra kick-sensor so that it would work with the towbar. But as you say I do not believe it will be smart enough to understand if it is in use or not. Towing is something the Asian cars do poorly. Perhaps they do not tow stuff around over there.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 9:21 AM, Gerge said:

Thank you for checking, interesting that it is not reinstalled. Must be a reason for that.

I took another look today while test fitting the detachable hitch. There is very very little room behind the tow bar structural beam.  IMO, I suspect this tow bar structual beam impedes on the damper attachment points or damper operation.

On 5/27/2023 at 9:07 AM, Husky125 said:

Thanks @Husky125  It turns out that they relocated the kick sensor 8 to 10 inches to the left of the dead centre as you look towards the front of the vehicle due to the tow bar install.  IMO the tow bar structure also masks the sensor a little making a little hit and miss on one side.  However it is working.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Hillie said:

I took another look today while test fitting the detachable hitch. There is very very little room behind the tow bar structural beam.  IMO, I suspect this tow bar structual beam impedes on the damper attachment points or damper operation.

I had a closer look at the installation instructions an it looks like the swiveling power connector takes up the space the damper would need. As the lateral tow bar hitch assembly does not have a swivelling power connector the damper can still go in with the structural beam for the hitch assembly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hillie said:

Thanks @Husky125  It turns out that they relocated the kick sensor 8 to 10 inches to the left of the dead centre as you look towards the front of the vehicle due to the tow bar install.  IMO the tow bar structure also masks the sensor a little making a little hit and miss on one side.  However it is working.

From previous threads, some owners have found the kick sensor a bit fickle even without a towbar; including me. However, I found 'kicking' in and out rather than side-to-side is more effective and reliable. Whether this is still the case when a towbar is fitted and the sensor relocated, I don't know but my experience might help.

• Like 3

Actual positive news, folks. 

We seem to be at the start of things finally moving forward on my order. The week before last, Customer Services informed me that my May ‘22 order has been ‘confirmed to be built’ on the next run - which is June. 

Today, I’ve been informed by the dealer (yes - you did read that correctly...) that my car has finally moved to the ‘in build’ stage. It has taken them a few days over a full year to actually do something that they haven’t before - actually get in touch with me first without me having to chase or get Customer Relations involved first. 

GreatScott.gif.7d3c5337f8a94d73858a80d537f0101d.gif

I’ve been told the car is estimated to be at the dealer on 4th September. It may be a little sooner, it may be a little later, but shouldn’t deviate too far from that date. 

So, it’s taken 51 weeks to get the first piece of progressive news of a build month and a fraction over 52 weeks for the car to finally enter build. As for getting it through build and into shipping, past PDI and into my hands? Watch this space. I suspect they’re now getting towards the end of the backlog, so I can only assume they're reluctantly building mine and the few others they've clearly been 'putting off', as we've now passed the full one year milestone... 

So in short, in my own particular case for an NX350h Takumi, I’m looking at close to 15 months from date of order to actually getting it. I wouldn’t say I’m happy by today’s news that my NX350h Takumi is finally entering build - I’m just relieved that things, at long last, are actually starting to happen with my order. 

Let’s just see how much longer the dealer can go before they remember to call me in to get a trade-in value for my existing UX and, of course, sorting out the finance on the new NX.

On 5/26/2023 at 9:11 PM, Zippytwo said:

Ditto, Sonic Titanium and red flare with sunroof and protection pack for me.  Not ordered until early April 2023 though, with delivery due November - in theory!

Crikey! I wonder what strings your dealer is pulling to get it in that quickly! I wished I'd have ordered from yours!

Mind you - they didn't say which November did they?! 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gary H said:

We seem to be at the start of things finally moving forward on my order. The week before last, Customer Services informed me that my May ‘22 order has been ‘confirmed to be built’ on the next run - which is June. 

Today, I’ve been informed by the dealer (yes - you did read that correctly...) that my car has finally moved to the ‘in build’ stage. It has taken them a few days over a full year to actually do something that they haven’t before - actually get in touch with me first without me having to chase or get Customer Relations involved first. 

I’ve been told the car is estimated to be at the dealer on 4th September. It may be a little sooner, it may be a little later, but shouldn’t deviate too far from that date. 

So, it’s taken 51 weeks to get the first piece of progressive news of a build month and a fraction over 52 weeks for the car to finally enter build. As for getting it through build and into shipping, past PDI and into my hands? Watch this space. I suspect they’re now getting towards the end of the backlog, so I can only assume they're reluctantly building mine and the few others they've clearly been 'putting off', as we've now passed the full one year milestone... 

So in short, in my own particular case for an NX350h Takumi, I’m looking at close to 15 months from date of order to actually getting it. I wouldn’t say I’m happy by today’s news that my NX350h Takumi is finally entering build - I’m just relieved that things, at long last, are actually starting to happen with my order. 

Let’s just see how much longer the dealer can go before they remember to call me in to get a trade-in value for my existing UX and, of course, sorting out the finance on the new NX.

Crikey! I wonder what strings your dealer is pulling to get it in that quickly! I wished I'd have ordered from yours!

You probably don't even remember what you ordered 🤣

Good news anyway 😀

We ordered an NX350h P Plus Pack with Pano Roof in May 22 (so, pretty much the same spec as yours). Nothing showing on the Lexux Link App yet. 

• Sad 1

I hope my car is coming soon. Although call in to my dealer yesterday as I was passing and asked them if I had a registration plate yet and was told no and today I see it is on it’s way to the dealer. 

IMG_1664.jpeg

2 hours ago, WhiteHart said:

I hope my car is coming soon. Although call in to my dealer yesterday as I was passing and asked them if I had a registration plate yet and was told no and today I see it is on its way to the dealer. 

IMG_1664.jpeg

Good news - not long now.

mine arrived at dealership last Wednesday evening with the number plate on.  Dealer took some photos with all the protective covers on. Still not on DVLC so getting the insurance sorted for pickup on Thursday was “interesting”

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HMT said:

Good news - not long now.

mine arrived at dealership last Wednesday evening with the number plate on.  Dealer took some photos with all the protective covers on. Still not on DVLC so getting the insurance sorted for pickup on Thursday was “interesting”

I would assume that you can't have a number plate confirmed until it is on the DVLA system, and with modern technology that should be instant!

56 minutes ago, imgo said:

I would assume that you can't have a number plate confirmed until it is on the DVLA system, and with modern technology that should be instant!

That was my assumption.

In the end my insurance company spoke to the dealership directly !! And I have cover.

asked dealership if there was an issue / problem - no reply ……..yet

On 5/29/2023 at 2:08 PM, Gary H said:

Hi, great news what colour did you order for your Takumi? I ordered my Sonic Grey 350H Takumi in 22 Feb two weeks ago they started building my car and got notification yesterday car is built and ready for shipping, before I ask the Dealer realistically when should the car arrive at the dealership? From built to at Dealer I'm hoping it comes in middle of August so I can get the 73 Plate, also I'm having the two Dashcam's fitted and also have the Ceramic coating done it's a £500.00 option, just need some advice is it worth having the ceramic coating done by the dealer?

One more thing will the 350H have it's Catalytic converter protected underneath?

8 minutes ago, S Dhuper said:

also have the Ceramic coating done it's a £500.00 option, just need some advice is it worth having the ceramic coating done by the dealer

In my onion NO, the ceramic coating that the dealership use is just a standard coating that you can actually buy of the shelf and apply your self, its not that difficult to do, any high quality, long lasting coating can only  be applied by a qualified detailer in the use and application of each make of product.

Also remember any coating you apply has to be looked after otherwise your just waisting your money, you will need to use the correct washing / drying products and equipment, if your someone who takes your car to a car wash or even a hand carwash at your local supermarket then its not worth paying out for a ceramic coating

1 hour ago, S Dhuper said:

and also have the Ceramic coating done it's a £500.00 option, just need some advice is it worth having the ceramic coating done by the dealer?

A definite no from me as well. I’ve had 5 cars ceramic coated now over the past few years and no way would I trust a dealer to do the work correctly. You need to pick a trusted credited specialist to do the work and @wendleis correct in that you will need to look after it afterwards, Any detailer will advise you how to go about this if you don’t already know.

6 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

A definite no from me as well. I’ve had 5 cars ceramic coated now over the past few years and no way would I trust a dealer to do the work correctly. You need to pick a trusted credited specialist to do the work and @wendleis correct in that you will need to look after it afterwards, Any detailer will advise you how to go about this if you don’t already know.

Thanks for that, I think I'll have it done by some experienced professionals if I decide to have it done. Is there anybody you would recommend in West London 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links