Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2023 delivery date

47 minutes ago, Waquar said:

Happy for you, I have ordered NX350h in august 2022, no update yet. Dealer is saying November/December 

We were told when ordering that the PHev was likely to be quicker delivery as fewer orders.

2 hours ago, Chance521 said:

Finally in build … dealer hasn’t called me but I guess I can expect delivery around early September 

When did you order?

13 minutes ago, Chance521 said:

I ordered my NX450h+ in March 2022 in Sweden 

Oh wow, that's a long wait! We've order 350h in UK September 22 so probably won't be seeing ours this year!!

Ordered it June 2022, it was delivered this Friday (16/06/2023) in the morning. Lexus NX 450h+ Premium Plus Pack (14" etc.). My first Lexus. All I can say is, WOW!

So far I have been driving the BMW 530e, what a difference how the Battery and the recharging is being handled by Lexus. It drives so well.....

Still getting to grip with the plethora of options but it is a lovely car, well worth the wait (of course it would have been better not to wait for year to get it but still).

I wish your deliveries happen sooner than you expect.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chance521 said:

I ordered my NX450h+ in March 2022 in Sweden 

Wow that is long wait indeed. I ordered my NX 450h+ Fsport S on may 17th 2022. Factory accepted the order on March 25th 2023. It left the factory on April 25th and on May 27th it arrived in Zeebrugge, Belgium from where it was shipped to Malmo, Sweden. It left Malmo June 8th for Hanko Finland. But have not received any new info after that. The transit from Sweden to Finland should take no more than two day but at present we are on day 10. Well the next step in the app is that the car would be at the dealer so perhaps that’s why it is taking its sweet time. However the distance from the harbour to my dealer is no more than a 3 hour drive.

All in all it’s now 13+ months since ordering the car and dealer has not sent me any info on when to expect the car. Luckily there is the app otherwise one would think they lost interest in selling me a car.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gerge said:

Wow that is long wait indeed. I ordered my NX 450h+ Fsport S on may 17th 2022. Factory accepted the order on March 25th 2023. It left the factory on April 25th and on May 27th it arrived in Zeebrugge, Belgium from where it was shipped to Malmo, Sweden. It left Malmo June 8th for Hanko Finland. But have not received any new info after that. The transit from Sweden to Finland should take no more than two day but at present we are on day 10. Well the next step in the app is that the car would be at the dealer so perhaps that’s why it is taking its sweet time. However the distance from the harbour to my dealer is no more than a 3 hour drive.

All in all it’s now 13+ months since ordering the car and dealer has not sent me any info on when to expect the car. Luckily there is the app otherwise one would think they lost interest in selling me a car.

I have to admit my dealer has been extremely helpful giving me a detailed explanation at each stage. When entered the factory, when it was on the ship, when it arrived, checked by the Lexus' crews and then delivered. I cannot commend him high enough. This is, in fact, one of the reasons I decided to move to Lexus, besides the fact that it is a fantastic car.

Hi All,

Is there anyone here who ordered NX350h from Sweden. Can you share your experience so far, if already delivered how much was the wait time?

thanks.

4 hours ago, Deb said:

Oh wow, that's a long wait! We've order 350h in UK September 22 so probably won't be seeing ours this year!!

Same here, ordered in September 22 and no sign of build date yet. I have given up and getting my Tesla Y next week ready for delivery as they have inventory and I will be driving the new car next week. Given the monthly cost savings under salary sacrifice scheme, it is a no brainer to ditch ICE cars and more importantly, compared to electric cars which were all available within 3 month window I must admit Nexus waiting times are looking inexcusable and ridiculous. Who wants to wait for 12-13 months for a car and pay £50k upwards when you can have electric cars for £400 per month no deposit and includes insurance maintenance and tyre replacement! 

6 minutes ago, VJ25 said:

waiting times are looking inexcusable and ridiculous

it's a knock on from shutdowns and component shortages which affected Toyota later than other manufacturers but at this point they will start to give up all the market share gains they made in the UK over the last couple of years.

9 hours ago, VJ25 said:

Same here, ordered in September 22 and no sign of build date yet. I have given up and getting my Tesla Y next week ready for delivery as they have inventory and I will be driving the new car next week. Given the monthly cost savings under salary sacrifice scheme, it is a no brainer to ditch ICE cars and more importantly, compared to electric cars which were all available within 3 month window I must admit Nexus waiting times are looking inexcusable and ridiculous. Who wants to wait for 12-13 months for a car and pay £50k upwards when you can have electric cars for £400 per month no deposit and includes insurance maintenance and tyre replacement! 

Blimey, that Tesla deal sounds amazing! And its a brand new car? Did you order the Tesla online? 

7 minutes ago, Deb said:

Blimey, that Tesla deal sounds amazing! And its a brand new car? Did you order the Tesla online? 

Yes, it is a brand new car through work Salary sacrifice scheme. It also gives £600 free electric charging which means no fuel cost for a year or 6000 miles.

6 minutes ago, VJ25 said:

Yes, it is a brand new car through work Salary sacrifice scheme. It also gives £600 free electric charging which means no fuel cost for a year or 6000 miles.

Oh I see. We'd be personal customer so probably wouldn't get such a great deal. I see why you've jumped ship though, if I could get the Tesla for that price I'd be very tempted too! The wait for the NX is painful at this point. The only reason we stick at it, is because we currently own a 2021 NX Premium Sport which is a lovely car so we are happy to drive this until the new one arrives 😀  

2 hours ago, Deb said:

Oh I see. We'd be personal customer so probably wouldn't get such a great deal. I see why you've jumped ship though, if I could get the Tesla for that price I'd be very tempted too! The wait for the NX is painful at this point. The only reason we stick at it, is because we currently own a 2021 NX Premium Sport which is a lovely car so we are happy to drive this until the new one arrives 😀  

You probably should just continue driving your current NX (which sounds great anyway) and try to forget about the delayed delivery.

I sold my "current car" hoping to get my new NX "soon" however I then had to buy a "cheap" car (which is not as easy as it sounds) because of the delayed delivery. It has all been a bit of a pain 🙄

On 6/13/2023 at 8:33 PM, Waquar said:

Happy for you, I have ordered NX350h in august 2022, no update yet. Dealer is saying November/December 

That sounds about right based on my own experience. I ordered mine (NX350h Takumi) in May 2022 and currently being told it's due at the dealer the first half of September (they've said the 4th, but of course that could slip...) - so adding three months for your order would indeed place it more like December as things stand.

Hopefully things will speed up. I'm told mine is currently 'in build' but had no update on this for three weeks. 

On 6/13/2023 at 9:22 PM, BillSt said:

We were told when ordering that the PHev was likely to be quicker delivery as fewer orders.

I've not been told anything by my dealer but that does very much seem to be the case judging from fellow members on here. It seems the 450h's are coming in quite a bit sooner than the 350h's. It's rather frustrating (and that's putting it very mildly).

20 hours ago, Chance521 said:

Finally in build … dealer hasn’t called me but I guess I can expect delivery around early September 

Snap. 👍 I was told three weeks ago mine was 'in build' for June and delivery is estimated as 4th September. Looking at the screenshot I've got from the salesman's screen, it's showing as 4th September - 18th September. 

12 hours ago, VJ25 said:

Same here, ordered in September 22 and no sign of build date yet. I have given up and getting my Tesla Y next week ready for delivery as they have inventory and I will be driving the new car next week.

----

I must admit Nexus waiting times are looking inexcusable and ridiculous. Who wants to wait for 12-13 months for a car and pay £50k upwards when you can have electric cars for £400 per month no deposit and includes insurance maintenance and tyre replacement! 

I wish you luck with the Tesla. I've only been told my car is now 'in build' and my order was placed in May 2022. So, I'm literally a few days short of 13 months and it's only just being built... It is a ridiculous situation, yes. Especially when you know others with fundamentally the same car have had theirs built, shipped and delivered by then. It really doesn't leave you with an impression that you're a 'valued customer'.

Believe me, if I knew at the start of this year that I'd be waiting until at least September (which is three months beyond what my initial date was - and currently my fifth estimated date given to me...), it would have been cancelled and I'd have gone elsewhere. 

12 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

it's a knock on from shutdowns and component shortages which affected Toyota later than other manufacturers but at this point they will start to give up all the market share gains they made in the UK over the last couple of years.

Indeed. As I've said before, I think Toyota/Lexus as a company is going to lose a lot of respect it's gained over the years for this. 

My father has always rated Toyota since the late 80's when he had an E plate Carina II (the earlier T150 shape) as a company car. He's been truly shocked by what I've experienced with Lexus over the last 13 months and it's changed his opinion of the group somewhat. 

I'm just going to wait and see how Lexus (or my dealer) acknowledge/respond to what will likely be my 15/16 month wait for a mid-size SUV because if they don't...well...I'm almost certain it'll be the last car I'll buy from the company. I'm an incredibly patient person and do have relatives in the trade (two of which were former factory workers themselves) so I've been sympathetic of the situation. This experience however, has gone beyond my own level of patience and in my own case, the lack of basic communication is unforgiveable. It's only because I'm so far 'down the line' with my order now that I've decided to keep it ongoing. 

Obviously we'll just have to wait and see what happens when it comes to me eventually collecting the car but...it's really not looking good for them at the moment. 😕

Nothing new. I remember my father having to wait over 2 years for his delivery of one of the first Ford Zephyr Sixs. Was worth waiting for, 70 years ago.

Hello everyone ! New to the forum but have been reading this topic since january. 

Like the thread starter I live in Sweden. Ordered a NX 450h back in March 2022 and was told about 10-12 months of waiting from the very beginning. But to this day nothing has happened . The Lexus app does not show anything other than " Order in progress" as it was from day one. Noting that indicates the car is on its way or even has been built. The only thing that has changed is that a "real" picture of the car i ordered showed up on the app a week ago.  It was like a drawn image before this.  But no change in status or anything like that. 

5 hours ago, Deb said:

we currently own a 2021 NX Premium Sport which is a lovely car so we are happy to drive this until the new one arrives

Hopfully your dealer will give you for your 2021 NX near to what they offered when you ordered the new one. After a year they offered me just £1000 less for my 2016 NX. Which about £1500 more than We buy.............

7 minutes ago, Aleksander said:

Hello everyone ! New to the forum but have been reading this topic since january. 

My app only started to show the picture of NX when I got a build slot. If the app has consistent behavior then you should have received a build slot in July 🙂  fingers crossed 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Chance521 said:

My app only started to show the picture of NX when I got a build slot. If the app has consistent behavior then you should have received a build slot in July 🙂  fingers crossed 

I had a picture at first but hen it went away and was replaced with the “drawn” one. About a week ago the picture suddenly reappeared in the app.

5 hours ago, Scotlex said:

You probably should just continue driving your current NX (which sounds great anyway) and try to forget about the delayed delivery.

I sold my "current car" hoping to get my new NX "soon" however I then had to buy a "cheap" car (which is not as easy as it sounds) because of the delayed delivery. It has all been a bit of a pain 🙄

Well we've already done a deal with our local Lexus and our 300h is being part exchanged in that deal. We also placed our order for new NX on 30th September 22, the next day 1st October, the prices went up! When we finally get our new one, we will be saving around £5k on list price so deffo worth us hanging on! Lexus have priced locked from time of order so we are one of the lucky ones 😃 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links