Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This blew me over !

14 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Correct Vladimir,

where are you John?

You started the thread with a powerful engine, that actually can run on hydrogen and I see great potential for that engine in marine world. Private owned normal sized yachts would be well powered with such a monster. A little too big for small family cars, I think.

Just resting Boys as not feeling too good at the moment.My views are akin to Vlad and John.

Let`s retain Hybrid until 2050 and see how technology develops as the move towards EV is nonsensical when analysed in the current Global circumstances.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Just resting Boys as not feeling too good at the moment.My views are akin to Vlad and John.

Let`s retain Hybrid until 2050 and see how technology develops as the move towards EV is nonsensical when analysed in the current Global circumstances.

Indeed - nonsensical and transportation isn't even the biggest contributor. 

I always find this part the most annoying - any sensible person would look into the problem and say "ok we have this problem, where majority of it sits?... ok 40% is manufacturing, 30% is energy generation... that is majority! Let's tackle the biggest problems first, let's ramp-up nuclear to phase out coal and gas in electricity production and before we can really improve wind, solar, geothermic etc. That will give us biggest reduction of pollution in the shortest possible time and it does not rely on changing society, culture and people lives, so it could be done quickly and without people noticing much"... Right? That seems like obvious way! I am not saying that we don't need to tackle rest of the pollution, but starting from veganism and banning meat, throwing soup on painting and forcing people to cycle or walk, or gluing yourself on motorway (Insulate Britain is most ridiculous campaign, because they attacked cars despite wanting insulation) just doesn't seem like right place to start with when considering that these all issues combined is less than manufacturing alone!..

So yeah sure - we need to reduce pollution, but why start on minor contributors with most society impact and most dystopian and communist outcomes instead of starting with biggest impact? And as well once we clean-up our electricity, once we clean-up our manufacturing even BEVs going to be significantly more beneficial than they are now. I think we just starting from wrong end.

It almost seems (and sorry for another conspiracy theory) that people pushing for it are more interested in changing society and pushing their political agenda, than really caring about environment. And that is why I call the movement anti-human - as far as I can see it is dystopian communism, anarchism and nihilism pushing their agenda forward masquerading as "environmentalists" here!

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

Indeed - nonsensical and transportation isn't even the biggest contributor. 

I always find this part the most annoying - any sensible person would look into the problem and say "ok we have this problem, where majority of it sits?... ok 40% is manufacturing, 30% is energy generation... that is majority! Let's tackle the biggest problems first, let's ramp-up nuclear to phase out coal and gas in electricity production and before we can really improve wind, solar, geothermic etc. That will give us biggest reduction of pollution in the shortest possible time and it does not rely on changing society, culture and people lives, so it could be done quickly and without people noticing much"... Right? That seems like obvious way! I am not saying that we don't need to tackle rest of the pollution, but starting from veganism and banning meat, throwing soup on painting and forcing people to cycle or walk, or gluing yourself on motorway (Insulate Britain is most ridiculous campaign, because they attacked cars despite wanting insulation) just doesn't seem like right place to start with when considering that these all issues combined is less than manufacturing alone!..

So yeah sure - we need to reduce pollution, but why start on minor contributors with most society impact and most dystopian and communist outcomes instead of starting with biggest impact? And as well once we clean-up our electricity, once we clean-up our manufacturing even BEVs going to be significantly more beneficial than they are now. I think we just starting from wrong end.

It almost seems (and sorry for another conspiracy theory) that people pushing for it are more interested in changing society and pushing their political agenda, than really caring about environment. And that is why I call the movement anti-human - as far as I can see it is dystopian communism, anarchism and nihilism pushing their agenda forward masquerading as "environmentalists" here!

First part of what you write make sense.

Throwing soup on paintings has nothing to do with environment. That some want to do anything to get in TV and newspapers is their own stupidity. Banning meat is a bit over the moon and veganism is OK for those who do not want to eat meat for whatever reason. And who is forcing people to ride bikes or walk I do not know anything about. What insulating Britain means I have no idea of, but maybe you can explain.

I can easily explain why politicians want to reduce pollution by banning combustion engines. They are trying the simple and easy solution to get people to use their laptop batteries to power cars as electricity is available in sufficient quantity to power our laptops.  Not enough to power batteries in cars? Did not know that. Batteries do not last long. Did not know that. Not possible to get materials enough to make batteries needed. Did not know that. Not possible to recycle all batteries. Did not know that. That is how politicians think!

Politicians do not care the least about reducing pollution. They just say so. And in your mentioning of various stupid political directions you forgot fascism and common greed.

Calm down. None of us here have any impact on anything happening anyway. Same stupid politicians will be elected again by same stupid voters and all is like always. We will leave the world in worse condition to our children than we received it so we have done what humans do.

3 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

you forgot fascism and common greed.

and the impact that the Russian invasion of Ukraine is having with high tec bombs landing all over the place and the abhorrent fallout of nasty stuff helping to destroy our plant ...........  let alone the few hundred thousand people already annihilated thru' Putin's war with the world ( and car pollutants matter really ? )  ...........  pollution from our Western World cars and combustion engines in general probably has some limited comparatives to all this dreadful crap taking place ........  war mongering tanks, bombs, rockets, fighter aircraft emissions ........... and the like ....... 

Sadiq Khan could pop over to have a chat with Putin to ask him, to reduce his carbon footprint maybe rather than sticking his boot into the impoverished Londoners trying to be green and running their old cars efficiently and effectively and hopefully without killing anyone  

Malc

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

None of us here have any impact on anything happening anyway. 

I am very calm - and I do actually enjoy this discussion... so don't worry about me!

My point was that it doesn't make sense to start from the car which contributes like 3% of pollution or specifically meat which again contributes maybe 1-2% (I don't know exactly, but agriculture in it's entirety is 14-16% and avocados are much worse than meat as far as pollution), instead of focusing on large industry and energy production that contributes 60-70%. I mean I know (or I can speculate) why that is the case, but I think we all can agree it makes no sense to focus so much on the cars.

The people throwing soup on paintings are StopOil eco-terrorists - with goal of immediately stopping production and import of all fossil fuels (which is beyond ridiculous as that basically would mean complete shut down of economy and people literally starving, including themselves). The people closing the roads are Insulate Britain eco-terrorists - their goal I believe was for government to fund insulation of 2 million British homes, which is reasonable on the face of it. What wasn't reasonable was their methods to get attention and secondly I personally don't understand why I (the tax payer) have to pay for insulation of £800k house in countryside, whist at the same time not being able to afford mortgage myself? If it is really such a problem, then I suggest to tax the homeowners of leaky houses and force them to borrow or downsize... they are certainly in better position financially, than some 25 years old renting small flat in London. I am exaggerating a little bit, because I am not 25 and I am not in dire financial situation... I just still think government (a.k.a tax payers) are not the ones who should fund insulation of million £ homes for their already rich home owners... and again I am exaggerating a little bit because on average houses are like £300k... but still that is £300k better of than somebody without the house.

As for walking and cycling - that is pretty much premise of 2030 ICEV ban and BEV mandate... and many other taxes and policies leading to it. As I feel we all can agree - if this goes ahead and get's implemented then 70% people won't be able to have private vehicle at all, which means they will have to rely on public transport (which is unreliable) if they lucky, or will have to walk if they don't live anywhere close to public transport (which basically entire countryside and even suburbs). So the ICEV ban in 2030 automatically leads to this outcome of basically eradicating private transportation. For the same reason I believe (and this is conspiracy theory of mine) the policy is a plot of destroying private ownership of cars and people freedom to travel, rather than anything to do with environment. That is as well profitable as it basically removes cars that people already own and forces them to buy something else.

And I certainly agree we can' do anything about it... maybe in democracy... but we not living in democracy 😄 

• Like 1

I do believe we live in democrazy.

Someone said something like: spend time with the average voter and you know why it does not function. Or is it just what I think?

No. I do not think higly of average human intelligence.

But I do respect all living creatures as they are all needed in order to keep a balance here where we live. In the world there is sufficient for all to live well, the problem is greed.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Someone said something like: spend time with the average voter and you know why it does not function. Or is it just what I think?

I think you hit nail on the head hear - the key issue of democracy is that the outcome dependant on voter intelligence. And because intelligent humans are not common... democracy never had chance to begin with... it is still the best system we have and alternatives are all worse, but that does not mean democracy does not have it's own issue.

For democracy to have chance we need to educate people in how it works and how they could make right voting decisions, but I would speculate that politicians have long figured it out and does all in their power to keep voters as little educated in politics as possible, because otherwise corruption would not work!

And I am not pretending smart here - it took me nearly 3 decades, work in financial industry, 2 degrees and I am just starting to discover the surface of the problem... so society at large without dedicated education have no chance to figure out what is going on! And that is before we even consider that people may still make wrong decision because despite being detrimental for society as a whole it is beneficial for them individually... so selfishness is part of the problem and no education will ever fix it. 

6 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

10 Hydrogen fuel cars worth your attention in 2023

Hydrogen fuel passenger cars aren’t mainstream yet, but here are some models for you to watch.

https://www.hydrogenfuelnews.com/hydrogen-fuel-cars-10/8557113/?awt_a=1jpsU&awt_l=IFzTR&awt_m=iG0jJYl3_e5DlsU

The car of real interest IMHO is the Toyota GR Yaris H2, being a hydrogen fuelled ICE

• Like 1

5 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Get better soon John.

Just look at the things comming soon. 10 already for this year and at least a couple of them interesting. When things start to roll, nobody can stop them.

2 hours ago, Linas.P said:

For democracy to have chance we need to educate people in how it works and how they could make right voting decisions,

How can you make a right voting decision within the UK political system? The power of the ruling party is frightening and cannot be seen in other countries. Brexit, the last Truss disaster to name a few. Isnt real democracy a system of proportional representation whereby everyone can choose what they want and the winning party does not take all other votes?

Sorry to learn your not feeling well at the moment John. Hope its nothing serious. 

Linas and Las Palmas John. Me thinks you two need to find a room lol.

32 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

How can you make a right voting decision within the UK political system? The power of the ruling party is frightening and cannot be seen in other countries. Brexit, the last Truss disaster to name a few. Isnt real democracy a system of proportional representation whereby everyone can choose what they want and the winning party does not take all other votes?

That is the point - that is why I said what I said... and indeed you can't!

ok then, ALL you guys need to se a doctor, you clearly have some sort of mental health problems that needs some sort of psychiatric help with .....  jeez I am joking of course 🤣

AND quite clearly we all need to pay a lot lot more in taxes to get the NHS to where we would wish it to be .  so who's up for that then ?

Names on a postcard or even here please ......

Tax tax tax YES of course to pay for more and more UK free facilities like the NHS and more Nurses Pay  BUT I was so so impressed last night with Rishi and Piers discussion .  wot a breath of fresh air and competence from them both 

NHS Staff to get ( hopes ) FREE hospital car parking as a starter ( maybe ) 

A BRILLIANT discussion . most impressive 

NOW Homes Insulation .  there's not a single person in the land with a £1mn home wanting a Govt handout for free insulation I'll warrant so that silly argument is dead in the water 

Ah yes, WATER  and the purpose of this post

HYDROGEN cars .  brilliant too .  roll on BP's Green Hydrogen generating plant in the north of England and rollout to all 1200+ BP petrol stations in the Kingdom together with any new generation of Hydrogen powered cars from  ???  Toyota  Honda  anyone else ?

and where's my hydrogen Lexus Ls700 then  ?  😇

Malc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Malc1 said:

HYDROGEN cars .  brilliant too .  roll on BP's Green Hydrogen generating plant in the north of England and rollout to all 1200+ BP petrol stations in the Kingdom together with any new generation of Hydrogen powered cars from  ???  Toyota  Honda  anyone else ?

and where's my hydrogen Lexus Ls700 then  ?  😇

Malc

Hyundai or a Renault with both hydrogen and hybrid power, a Rasa if it come with room for more than only 2 people.

Of course, it would be fun to get a ride in the Hyperion but that is probably not possible.

Have you not bought the LS700 yet? Converting it will be possible sooner than we thought a year ago.

Canada:

Largest green hydrogen plant in British Columbia to be built by HTEC

The Canadian hydrogen supply company will construct the facility on the North Vancouver Coast.

Based in Vancouver, HTEC recently announced plans to build British Columbia’s (B.C.’s) biggest green hydrogen plant to date, and construction of the production plant is directly linked to the company’s purchase of ERCO Worldwide’s 19-acre industrial waterfront property, which is located on the North Vancouver coast.

This project marks a significant step in the rollout of hydrogen fuel infrastructure in B.C.

The green hydrogen plant will capture, purify and process H2 that is byproduct of ERCO’s chemical process used at its adjacent sodium chlorate factory. The hydrogen will be made using an electrolysis process that produces 56 kilograms of hydrogen per ton of sodium chlorate generated. The plant will capture this energy source from the factory, which was previously wasted, and transform it into fuel to supply HTEC’s growing network of hydrogen fueling stations.

According to HTEC’s vice president of clean fuels, Sabina Russel, the plant has the potential to support the deployment of approximately 30,000 fuel cell vehicles.

“We’re using something that’s otherwise wasted to replace diesel and gasoline and help us move to the zero-emission vehicles,” Russel said, who also serves as chair of the Canadian Hydrogen Fuel Cell Association.

The green hydrogen plant will serve as a model for similar facilities in the province.

HTEC expects to build more green hydrogen facilities in B.C. over the next decade as demand increases for this clean fuel. Russel believes that H2 is going to “play a very important role” in helping Canada meet its net-zero goal.

• Like 2

USA:

Nikola announces new hydrogen fuel and infrastructure brand HYLA

image.thumb.png.27f4c1e5739e4ae93f48764357176f80.png

The company has unveiled the new global brand for H2 energy and infrastructure.

Nikola Corporation, a leading zero-emission energy supply, infrastructure and transportation solutions company, has unveiled its newest global brand, HYLA, to take in its energy products for the production, distribution and dispensing of hydrogen fuel for fueling its zero-emission trucks.

The company announced the HYLA brand at its US headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona.

Nikola held a special event at its headquarters where it announced the hydrogen fuel energy brand. In attendance were over 300 fleet, supplier, government, energy and media representatives. The event placed the spotlight on Nikola’s truck and energy business progress.

image.thumb.png.d46a0811a04465536ac35937822ac225.png

“Nikola is the only company that is successfully integrating a revolutionary new product, the hydrogen fuel cell truck, and the full hydrogen energy infrastructure supply chain under one roof,” said Michael Lohscheller, CEO and President of Nikola. “The unveiling of our Nikola Tre fuel cell truck and flexible mobile fueling trailer demonstrates a real and sustainable competitive advantage for our customers and are significant proof points that we are accomplishing what we set out to achieve.”

The HYLA brand is specific to Nikola’s hydrogen fuel energy business for supporting its H2 vehicles.

“Hydrogen energy is the catalyst for the HYLA brand and serves as a forward-looking solution for our customers to help them achieve their sustainability goals and dramatically reduce the overall carbon emissions in the transportation sector,” said Nikola Energy President Carey Mendes.

The new Nikola Tre fuel cell electric vehicle (FCEV) has a considerable range as high as 500 miles. Moreover, the truck is also expected to have one of the largest ranges of all zero-carbon emission Class 8 tractor. The truck is appropriate for a spectrum of applications including drayage and intermodal, metro-regional truckload, and less than truckload, in addition to cases of specialized hauling use.

Nikola is developing hydrogen fuel access of up to 300 metric tons per day (TPD) under the HYLA brand. The H2 supply is predicted to have the support of Nikola partner project development, such as those from Plug Power, AZ Production Hub, City of Buckeye, IN Wabash Valley Resources, Terre Haute, Alberta TC Energy, Crosssfield, PA KeyState, and Clinton County.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

JCB I've just watched a superb video regarding their development of hydrogen engines for their machinery vehicles. Its fascinating so I hope you enjoy watching it. Get your popcorn ready lol

• Like 2

On 2/3/2023 at 12:15 PM, Las Palmas said:

Hyundai or a Renault with both hydrogen and hybrid power, a Rasa if it come with room for more than only 2 people.

Of course, it would be fun to get a ride in the Hyperion but that is probably not possible.

Have you not bought the LS700 yet? Converting it will be possible sooner than we thought a year ago.

Does your engine have to come from Toyota? Hyundai start to mass produce 2025! Real engine, with real noise, sorry: beautiful sound from a combustion engine.

Hyundai Doosan Infracore is accelerating engine development.

After the completion of its H2 internal combustion engines (ICE) design and rolling out the prototype, Hyundai Doosan Infracore (HDI) is revving up the development of its hydrogen engines, with the aim to mass produce these engines by 2025.

The hydrogen-powered internal combustion engine can produce a power output of 300 kW (402 HP) and a torque of 1700 NM at 2000 RPM. Fulfilling Tier 5/Stage 5/Euro7 regulation, the engine satisfies the emission requirements to be 90% decreased to the current level to meet Zero CO2 (below 1g/kwh) and Zero Impact Emission.

• Like 1

so tell me then ....  will it make the roar of my Ls400   V8  4 ltr ....... which is mouse like .............  OR  perhaps the roar of a boyracer style V8 sonic booming all over town upsetting the peace and quiet of life ......  polluting with noise

OR     perhaps zero roar at all ( like my Ls400 V8 )  .  and can it be tweaked to suit all tastes ......... and none ?

Thanks

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links