Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Link

1 hour ago, bgb said:

Do we know if the MY24 Spec is now Wireless AA or if a cable is still required?

Earlier posts suggested that it is a licencing issue rather than a technical one. If correct, it's very annoying that Toyota/Lexus hasn't resolved the issue in well over a year since the NX launch.

1 hour ago, bgb said:

Ok, thanks for the update, that is both reassuring and frustrating in equal amounts 🙂

There are dongles on the market that can mimic wireless AA if you want to achieve that functionality. There are references to these devices on this forum and elsewhere on the LOC in general (for example, search for "AAWireless").

The AAWireless device works perfectly in my NX350h every time. So well in fact that I doubt that any potential future software upgrade from Lexus to enable wireless AA natively would perform any better. 

1 hour ago, Andy B said:

The AAWireless device works perfectly in my NX350h every time. So well in fact that I doubt that any potential future software upgrade from Lexus to enable wireless AA natively would perform any better. 

Agree with Andy.AAWireles works perfectly.Do not bother with a similar device from Carlinkit.It didn't work withAA and their customer service is non existent.Avoid like the plague.Other members have had similar problems with them.

12 hours ago, Andy B said:

There are dongles on the market that can mimic wireless AA if you want to achieve that functionality. There are references to these devices on this forum and elsewhere on the LOC in general (for example, search for "AAWireless").

I bought an AAWireless dongle which worked once but, for whatever reason, seems to be really unreliable. Sometimes it connects, sometimes it doesn't. For what appears to be a simple requirement I find the multitude of configuration options in the app a bit strange - why so many configuration options for a Bluetooth dongle? I've a feeling I just need to find the magic combination of settings that make for reliable operation so if you've any configuration advice I'd be more than happy to copy what you've done.

As I've had no issues with the builtin satnav and media interface I'm beginning to wonder why I'm bothering with Android Auto anyway.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BonzoSPB said:

I bought an AAWireless dongle which worked once but, for whatever reason, seems to be really unreliable. Sometimes it connects, sometimes it doesn't. For what appears to be a simple requirement I find the multitude of configuration options in the app a bit strange - why so many configuration options for a Bluetooth dongle? I've a feeling I just need to find the magic combination of settings that make for reliable operation so if you've any configuration advice I'd be more than happy to copy what you've done.

As I've had no issues with the builtin satnav and media interface I'm beginning to wonder why I'm bothering with Android Auto anyway.

I know what you mean about the multitude of configurable options. I think the developers wanted to take into account every flavour of head-unit and Android phone/operating system on the market.

Do you have "Passthrough" enabled in the Device Settings? This will enable the "vanilla" setting (i.e. with little or no configuration options in play) and which works for me. The only configurable option I employ is the setting to select a particular WiFi channel frequency (165 in my case) as this stopped the device from "dropping out" when I passed by a particular mobile phone tower near my home.

If the above advice doesn't help then let me know here and I will screenshot my exact configuration.

Hi all,

I picked up my NX 350h on Wednesday, and the Connected Services are not activating. I have been to the dealer, and they have confirmed the vehicle details and my email address on the database. But the "Connected services are waiting to be activated" - and it is over 48 hours now. The smart services work fine, as far as I can tell. We have also logged a case with Lexus UK.

Has anybody else had this? Anything I can do in the meantime to try and get it activated?

My car had the upgraded big screen (Lexus link pro??), if that makes a difference.

Thanks

18 hours ago, PinguWish859 said:

Hi all,

I picked up my NX 350h on Wednesday, and the Connected Services are not activating. I have been to the dealer, and they have confirmed the vehicle details and my email address on the database. But the "Connected services are waiting to be activated" - and it is over 48 hours now. The smart services work fine, as far as I can tell. We have also logged a case with Lexus UK.

Has anybody else had this? Anything I can do in the meantime to try and get it activated?

My car had the upgraded big screen (Lexus link pro??), if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Has it activated yet?

3 hours ago, Hayzee said:

Has it activated yet?

No unfortunately not 🥺

The app needed a refresh this morning so I was slightly hopeful. In the end, it still says "activating" on the connected services bit.

• Sad 1

RE: trips not being reported on the app.

So, on Thursday I did 6 trips, Friday I did 5 trips, Saturday  I did 5 trips.

All of the trips were correctly reported bar one, and I think I know why.

All of the correctly reported trips involved me first unlocking the car, start, drive, stop. The unlock, start, drive sequence is obviously the start of trip sequence. The stop executes the end of trip which is then sent to the servers, not the locking of the car.

My one trip not reported happened like this:-

I drove to pick up my good wife, so it was unlock, drive, stop in the car park.

The car was off, I was still in the car, it was not locked. The journey to the car park was correctly reported.

My good wife then got in the unlocked car with me, then it was start and drive home, stop and lock. This drive home trip was not reported on the app.

I can only assume that the car did not start a new trip (home) as the car was still unlocked from the trip to the car park, and that the car requires the full unlock, drive, stop sequence to register a trip.

I could be wrong about this, but that was the only difference on this trip compared to the other 15 reported trips on those days.

Anyone else experienced this?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

No. I am now experiencing missing trips again! Only getting about 7 of every 10 trips recorded. The Lexus Link is very disappointing. It has improved from a low point 4 months ago when even the date, miles recorded and location of the car was incorrect but having been almost perfect in the past weeks it's now reverting to this inconsistent performance. With Lexus looking at offering "full hybrid insurance" where owners will be given discounts on insurance based upon the time that the car is driven in ev mode then the Lexus Link technology will need to be up to the job!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ken R said:

No. I am now experiencing missing trips again! Only getting about 7 of every 10 trips recorded. The Lexus Link is very disappointing. It has improved from a low point 4 months ago when even the date, miles recorded and location of the car was incorrect but having been almost perfect in the past weeks it's now reverting to this inconsistent performance. With Lexus looking at offering "full hybrid insurance" where owners will be given discounts on insurance based upon the time that the car is driven in ev mode then the Lexus Link technology will need to be up to the job!!!

I have find the trip recording very hit and miss.  Initially for about a week only recoded less than 50% of trips (mainly returning home and only a couple driving off) then it started to record all trips for a few weeks, than started missing again but only for a few days then back to recording all.

does occasionally miss an odd trip but currently recording most

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HMT said:

I have find the trip recording very hit and miss.  Initially for about a week only recoded less than 50% of trips (mainly returning home and only a couple driving off) then it started to record all trips for a few weeks, than started missing again but only for a few days then back to recording all.

does occasionally miss an odd trip but currently recording most

Yes it really is hit and miss with trip recording. The my Toyota app which I used with my recent RAV4 is just a clone of this Lexus app and was just as unreliable. It appears Toyota/Lexus have not developed a robust enough infrastructure to support the functionality.

My previous Volvo XC60 using an equivalent Volvo app was very reliable.

• Like 2

On 8/10/2023 at 8:28 PM, Ken R said:

With Lexus looking at offering "full hybrid insurance" where owners will be given discounts on insurance based upon the time that the car is driven in ev mode then the Lexus Link technology will need to be up to the job!!!

I saw that too Ken. They even mentioned the DCM connectivity in the car and the Lexus Link app being integral to this potential new insurance offering. 

I'm not sure either of these components are stable enough to be relied upon just yet.  

For anyone interested, this is what we are referring to:-

https://youtu.be/hTXpLyp7c40

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Andy B said:

I saw that too Ken. They even mentioned the DCM connectivity in the car and the Lexus Link app being integral to this potential new insurance offering. 

I'm not sure either of these components are stable enough to be relied upon just yet.  

For anyone interested, this is what we are referring to:-

https://youtu.be/hTXpLyp7c40

The YouTube advert concentrates on self charging hybrids. It will be interesting to see if they roll out this type of policy also on plugins, or if the extended electric range of a plugin (and added performance) would not be viable for them to discount?

On 8/12/2023 at 10:21 AM, PDM said:

The YouTube advert concentrates on self charging hybrids. It will be interesting to see if they roll out this type of policy also on plugins, or if the extended electric range of a plugin (and added performance) would not be viable for them to discount?

I too noticed that the advert referred only to self charging hybrids. I think this must be an error and that they actually meant plug-in. What's the electric range of a self charging hybrid? A kilometre maybe? That wouldn't make much sense as only a vanishingly small proportion of the total miles would be electric surely. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gureamu said:

I too noticed that the advert referred only to self charging hybrids. I think this must be an error and that they actually meant plug-in. What's the electric range of a self charging hybrid? A kilometre maybe? That wouldn't make much sense as only a vanishingly small proportion of the total miles would be electric surely. 

I agree that the electric range for a self-charging hybrid would be negligible so I'm guessing that it would be related to the % of "EV time" or "EV distance" for each journey, as recorded in the Lexus Link app (when it works). This takes into account the total EV usage as the car switches from EV to ICE and vice versa. On my journeys I regularly get over 50% for both EV values.

Maybe there would be a threshold of "EV time" (say, 50%) where a discount would apply?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links