Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Link

1 hour ago, Gureamu said:

My Lexus Link doesn't seem to be able to communicate reliably with my car any longer. The remote charging screen is giving the status as of 6th July 2024 and I can't lock the car (although it does tell me that the car is unlocked) or start the A/C remotely. I mean, it never really worked to give me the car's location (that too is reporting it's location on 6th July) but I could usually lock it and turn on the heating remotely. Is anybody else having similar problems? I've deleted and re-downloaded the app (Android) and loaded the app onto my other phone but the results are the same.

I've emailed my dealer - maybe they can point me in the right direction.

I experienced all of these issues but finally all appeared to start working again last week only for it to fail yesterday. According to the app my car is currently 16 miles away!. 

Very disappointing 😞 

• Sad 1

On the thread headed latest recall I posted a couple of weeks ago that the app was only showing  about 50% of trips - this was 1 week after delivery.  
Thought that this was now OK as since that posting all trips for the next 2 weeks are showing. However it appears that this has stopped again - last trip on app is for the 23rd.

• Sad 1

On 6/20/2023 at 6:02 PM, Ken R said:

I experienced all of these issues but finally all appeared to start working again last week only for it to fail yesterday. According to the app my car is currently 16 miles away!. 

Very disappointing 😞 

Worrying.  As you said earlier, the App driven features are part of the advertised ie contracted offering of the car yet Lexus seem to treat their customers as if it's just a courtesy they can decide not to support.

For nearly a year our dealer would just shrug shoulders and give us the number of the tech support line that could do nothing.  Someone should have known they had to implement update XGG78 but it only got done 4 days ago with the annual service.

Since then the car has behaved on all the Lexus Link functions which is why your post is worrying.  How long will they last?

On 4/27/2023 at 6:17 AM, zanderblue said:

So I had a near 300 mile round trip to my dealer yesterday to get fuel flap repair. I had also told them I wanted them to perform y code registration that Toyota Europe advised a month ago as a possible fix for the broken remote locking. Checking car in at the dealers, I was told nobody there knew what it was or how to do it. 🤬. Why, oh why didn’t they tell me that earlier and I could have postponed my visit until such time they were prepared. 

In the last week or so I’ve noticed some bubbling on the infotainment screen getting worse. I mentioned this yesterday and asked them to check it out. Apparently the protective film had been forgotten to be removed at PDI.

I am not impressed.

I’ve just had an email from Lexus after sales manager wrt no remote locking function from the app.

The digital support team in Europe have concluded after 4 months that the module isn’t communicating properly. The fix apparently is to replace the module and complete the Y code registration.

I guess I should be thankful that progress is being made, but at a glacial pace! My car is now nearly 18 months old!

I was having the same issue with locking along with errors regarding journeys, date, location etc. Got an over the air fix which has addressed most of the problems (albeit the odd journey is missed) and car certainly locks/unlocks again. 

Just now, Ken R said:

I was having the same issue with locking along with errors regarding journeys, date, location etc. Got an over the air fix which has addressed most of the problems (albeit thevodd journey is missed) and car certainly locks/unlocks again. 

Is that a recent OTA update? I assumed we’d see one in June as they had been every 6 months until now (although it may only be for those who’ve had XGG78 which I’m having in a couple of weeks)

I had the XGG78 update in March. The Lexus Link correction was completed earlier last month after various conversations with the dealer who kept me updated and in turn put pressure on Lexus UK to arrive at the solution.

11 hours ago, Ken R said:

I was having the same issue with locking along with errors regarding journeys, date, location etc. Got an over the air fix which has addressed most of the problems (albeit the odd journey is missed) and car certainly locks/unlocks again. 

Ken, I had the same update last month. Mileage, trip records and fuel status all started updating. Unfortunately, remote locking and “door not closed” notification still an issue. I’ve not had the XXG78 update yet. Who knows why?

Hopefully, resolution is in the offing.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a strange one with the app this morning. After it had been working fairly well for quite a few weeks I opened the app today and it reported my car's location as 49 miles away in a place I had never been to before in my life, let alone with this car. It should have been reporting it at my home (in the garage). The last trip information was correct however (i.e. it was correctly showing the journey home yesterday). 

It did concern me enough to force me to get dressed and go down to the garage to check it was still there, which thankfully it was. 

Like others on here, I've had the app report out of date location information but never some random place miles away. 

• Sad 1

I was hoping that the accuracy of the car location feature would help me find my car in a huge car park at Silverstone last weekend.

Imagine my surprise to find out that my car was parked on my drive at home over 130 miles away.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, BonzoSPB said:

I was hoping that the accuracy of the car location feature would help me find my car in a huge car park at Silverstone last weekend.

Imagine my surprise to find out that my car was parked on my drive at home over 130 miles away.

I presume that you hadn't forgotten to bring your car 😅

After reading many comments describing the satnav system as 'crap' I was pleasantly impressed with its performance when used for the first time last week so not sure what issues people are experiencing.

56 minutes ago, BonzoSPB said:

After reading many comments describing the satnav system as 'crap' I was pleasantly impressed with its performance when used for the first time last week so not sure what issues people are experiencing.

I recently completed a 500 mile trip and found the Lexus Satnav okay too. I decided to give it a proper chance to prove itself after Waze sent me up a very narrow lane with few passing places for several miles. Google maps are good but connecting the (Android) phone with the cable and losing phone calls was/is a faff, hence the experiment with the Lexus Satnav. I don't like the display as much as I like Waze (or Google) but it does what it needs to do and it was much better than I expected when it came to warning me about heavy traffic and re-routing me.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, zanderblue said:

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help
 how do I delete or cancel the saved charge schedule in the app? I can’t figure out how to do it 🤯

Thanks

IMG_0299.png

I asked this a while ago and, IIRC, the answer was that you can't, you have to cancel it from the car. I don't remember doing this but I do recall that at some point (for either this or another issue) that I deleted the app and reloaded it. I'm very careful now so I haven't had to repeat the exercise. Thinking about it now, is there a 'Charge now' option when a scheduled charge is set? If so, you could try choosing this, cancelling it once it starts and then setting a new schedule.

1 hour ago, Harrier Man said:

I asked this a while ago and, IIRC, the answer was that you can't, you have to cancel it from the car. I don't remember doing this but I do recall that at some point (for either this or another issue) that I deleted the app and reloaded it. I'm very careful now so I haven't had to repeat the exercise. Thinking about it now, is there a 'Charge now' option when a scheduled charge is set? If so, you could try choosing this, cancelling it once it starts and then setting a new schedule.

Thanks. I can’t see a charge now option, so I guess it’ll have to be done in the car.
The app is absolute garbage. I’ve now lost remote charging, switching car on and off made no difference..This is as well as no remote locking function. 😡

IMG_0300.thumb.png.56e8aea6ffd76d6c51f6579208089205.png

Picked up my MY24 NX350h on Friday, so far no issues with the Lexus link app reporting on journeys etc. Fingers crossed.

On 7/14/2023 at 2:51 PM, Harrier Man said:

I recently completed a 500 mile trip and found the Lexus Satnav okay too. I decided to give it a proper chance to prove itself after Waze sent me up a very narrow lane with few passing places for several miles. Google maps are good but connecting the (Android) phone with the cable and losing phone calls was/is a faff, hence the experiment with the Lexus Satnav. I don't like the display as much as I like Waze (or Google) but it does what it needs to do and it was much better than I expected when it came to warning me about heavy traffic and re-routing me.

I tried Android Auto for the first time on my NX450 over the weekend and noticed that I was unable to use the phone for calls. Is this a known issue?

4 hours ago, zanderblue said:

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help
 how do I delete or cancel the saved charge schedule in the app? I can’t figure out how to do it 🤯

Thanks

IMG_0299.png

If you set that schedule in the app it will disappear once that time passes. As mentioned you can override it from the vehicle charge settings. Charge Now only appears in the app when the charging cable is plugged into the vehicle.

2 hours ago, BonzoSPB said:

I tried Android Auto for the first time on my NX450 over the weekend and noticed that I was unable to use the phone for calls. Is this a known issue?

Yes I believe it is. I actually find the Lexus SatNav is perfectly adequate.

2 hours ago, BonzoSPB said:

No phone issues for me using Android Auto.

Are you able to elaborate on what problems you are having?

4 hours ago, Andy B said:

No phone issues for me using Android Auto.

Are you able to elaborate on what problems you are having?

I can use the phone when it is connected via Bluetooth but not when connected with a wire - which is what is needed if you want to use Waze or Google Maps. That's my understanding of it anyway.

53 minutes ago, bgb said:

Do we know if the MY24 Spec is now Wireless AA or if a cable is still required?

My NX350h is a MY24 spec, you can not do wireless AA, only with the USB cable, have tried.

13 minutes ago, imgo said:

My NX350h is a MY24 spec, you can not do wireless AA, only with the USB cable, have tried.

Ok, thanks for the update, that is both reassuring and frustrating in equal amounts 🙂

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links