Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Baby Seat & Pushchair

I am wanting to buy a pushchair & baby seat for the car. My wife liked the Jane pushchair, but the baby seat & pushchair never fitted. The Jane was a 3 in 1 system. I really want a three wheeler. Can some give me advise on what pushchairs & baby seats will fit the IS200. Cheers

Congratulations matie.... When my little Imp was in the 3 in 1 pram, we had a Graco version... fitted in lovely...

Tell you what, what a difference it makes having a 3 in 1 system.. its a right pain in the **** getting him in and out of his baby seat how he has out grown his Graco...

Congratulations! (I'll be next in about 5 weeks :) )

We'll use the maxicosi in the beginning, but it'll have to be fixed in the seatbelts every time since the '99 model doesn't have the isofix clamps in the backseat yet.

I was hoping to bolt an isofix bar to the chassis behind the backseat, but none seem to be available.

Cheers,

RX-men-8

I have a little while til my littlun is due, but someone at work already bet me that the IS would be going in favour of an estate car of some description. I'm very keen to win this bet, and keep the IS, so pushchairs etc that go in the boot are a bonus!

Stu

someone at work already bet me that the IS would be going in favour of an estate car of some description. I'm very keen to win this bet, and keep the IS, so pushchairs etc that go in the boot are a bonus!

Stu

:lol: theres always the option of a sportcross - you still win :winky:

We used a Jane Matrix car seat and travel system in our IS200

The matrix is a clever thing that is like a carrycot for the first few months (which is apparently better for the baby) and is fitted across the back seats, then it tilts up to become a rear facing seat.

We got it as part fo a travel system, so the car seat attaches to the buggy so it looks like an old fashioned pram, or it can be tilted up. There are various different buggies available with 3 or 4 wheels. Ours takes up quite a lot of room in the boot, but is ok day to day: you can get the buggy, all the other day to day junk and a weeks shopping in. I bought a roofbox for longer trips away: seemed a lot better compromise than buying a lumbering estate with a boot that would only be full a couple of times a year.

Now we have got a foward facing seat for our 2yr old we just use the buggy on its own.

It's a bit fiddly to fit , and takes up the whole back seats in flat mode, but worked fine in our IS.

Have a look here:

http://www.jane.es/seguretat/fitxa/matrix/index.php

if you are after a travel cot, we got a Graco Compact one, mainly because, when folded, it fits in the boot in the space between the wheelarches , leaving room in front for your Jane pushchair!

My 8 week old son gets transported around using the Graco Quatro Tour Travel System Details Here

The Auto Base fits in the back of my IS200, and the pushchair part *just* fits in the boot. A fabulous travel system - we picked it after trying many different brands/types. Folds down with one hand, and the baby seat looks really comfy!

Cheers

Phil

Congratulations, mate!

I've got a five month old daughter, and I never realised why people went on about how crap the IS's boot was until I tried getting all the associated "baby gear" in it!

The boot size is fine, it's the gap you've got to get through! It's a right pain, so try before you buy.

Also, I'll pass on a couple of nuggets i've picked up along the way.

1) Don't buy a three wheeler. (I know they look cool, 'cos I was going to get one) but one of me mates warned me about the lack of "carry space" (for the shopping and stuff) underneath. You may laugh now, but wait 'till you're coming out of Marks & Spencers looking cool, but having to carry all the bags, as there's only room for a pop can and a bag of crisps underneath! :D

2) You will be bombarded with advice. Don't listen to ANY of it.(except 1. above :lol: )

Cheers

Lofty.

First con grats.

From experience.

The only Britax rear facing seat is the "rockatot" only good for 9 months tops. Then I have had 2 "Club Class Extra" in the back but not other space.

Boot space is rubbish but you can get a travel cot, buggy, cases, 4 sleeping bags, and 70litres of wine if you push it.

In 2/3 years you will be looking at in car DVD to keep little 'um quite believe me!

1) Don't buy a three wheeler. (I know they look cool, 'cos I was going to get one) but one of me mates warned me about the lack of "carry space" (for the shopping and stuff) underneath. You may laugh now, but wait 'till you're coming out of Marks & Spencers looking cool, but having to carry all the bags, as there's only room for a pop can and a bag of crisps underneath! :D

Apparently they are awkward to control aswell - ive heard that they are a right pain in the :tsktsk: and a waste of money - so i would stay clear of them :winky:

My missis is preggers with our first and reading all this has scared the bejesus out of me.

Was going to upgrade me car this year, now i might as well go and buy mothercares entire stock!!!!!

Bl :tsktsk: dy Stella Artois, makes you do silly things when your not looking!!!!

***, i feel ill now!!!!!

Oh well, Chocolate on my seats for me!!!

Karlos :yack: :yack: :yack:

I know how you feel!

I'm gonna be investing in some waterproof seat covers for mine, just in case of those little spillages, or other bodily functions occuring!

Congrats to all that are expectant fathers/mothers, perhaps we could all get together with the littlun's when they arrive, and call it a LOC 'mini-me meet'! :P

Stu :driving:

I have a little while til my littlun is due, but someone at work already bet me that the IS would be going in favour of an estate car of some description. I'm very keen to win this bet, and keep the IS, so pushchairs etc that go in the boot are a bonus!

Stu

My sister drives a Fiat Bravo and those 3 wheeled pushchairs fit in the boot easily, and I don't think a Bravo is bigger than an IS :P

I'm gonna be investing in some waterproof seat covers for mine, just in case of those little spillages, or other bodily functions occuring!

How about them tiger style covers Stu!! :lol:

How about them tiger style covers Stu!! :lol:

Well i was thinking about getting either leopard print or zebra style print on the covers! :P

Stu

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links