Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New tyre Time!

After watching many YouTube videos and researching online, I have just fitted the following 2 front tyres on my F-Sport

Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 3 HRS (runflats)

These are extremely safe, excellent grip in the dry & wet, quiet, comfortable and reasonable price at £322 (fitted at home by blackcircles.com)

The only downside is they we will probably only last approx 19k miles which isn't a problem for me as I don't do many miles 

See...

https://youtu.be/yqXQgBdqVqI 

https://www.tyrereviews.com/Article/2022-Auto-Express-SUV-Tyre-Test.htm

https://tyretradenews.co.uk/news/hankooks-ventus-s1-evo-3-wins-the-auto-express-2021-summer-tyre-test/

James i too have thought about this i have same as you on Bridgestone Turanza come next Autumn i reckon i will be requiring a change . I have been thinking about Dunlop apparently they are a quieter tyre but im still open to suggestions.

17 hours ago, ALAW said:

James i too have thought about this i have same as you on Bridgestone Turanza come next Autumn i reckon i will be requiring a change . I have been thinking about Dunlop apparently they are a quieter tyre but im still open to suggestions.

I've read many posts that say the Dunlops are quieter. But another tyre that might be worth considering is the newer Bridgestone runflats which are fitted to the 2023 UX as these are also claimed to be quieter than the Bridgestones fitted on earlier UXs.

On 2/18/2023 at 6:09 PM, Roger Bill said:

I've read many posts that say the Dunlops are quieter. But another tyre that might be worth considering is the newer Bridgestone runflats which are fitted to the 2023 UX as these are also claimed to be quieter than the Bridgestones fitted on earlier UXs.

Yes Roger ive read on forum this has been mentioned defo one to consider.

I have Dunlop RFT’s on my UX and they certainly seem to be fairly quiet - however I’m not impressed with their wet road holding - I’m a fairly quick driver and a number of times have been surprised by the ease they slide into understeer….

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 6:09 PM, Roger Bill said:

I had the new tyres on my 23 but I’m not impressed with the tyre noise at all despite it was promoted focused on quietness. It is very comfortable even it’s RF and it grips well in all kinds of weather conditions.

Did a mistake and put on the same as was on the car from new, but soon will have Continental on. 1 - 2 months and back to the tyres I have had on most of the cars (very many) and Continental tyres have never let me down. On a 350SE (rather heavy car) they lasted more than 40K km, maybe 50 in Africa on very many roads much worse than the pot hole roads you find in Europe.

2 set of tyres on decent roads with 80K km is not good on a tiny car that never have been on dirt roads.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a loan car last week whilst mine having its first service and it was a Bridgestone shod UX - on the same road as mine with Dunlops it was significantly noisier - like annoyingly loud!

On 2/23/2023 at 12:00 AM, Las Palmas said:

Did a mistake and put on the same as was on the car from new, but soon will have Continental on. 1 - 2 months and back to the tyres I have had on most of the cars (very many) and Continental tyres have never let me down. On a 350SE (rather heavy car) they lasted more than 40K km, maybe 50 in Africa on very many roads much worse than the pot hole roads you find in Europe.

2 set of tyres on decent roads with 80K km is not good on a tiny car that never have been on dirt roads.

Yeah Conti,s on my radar as well John when time comes.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just acquired a Lexus UX and am very happy so far. I had a brief flirtation with a brand new Toyota C-HR and quickly learned my lesson. Expensive lesson too.

My one gripe with the UX is the extremely loud tyre rumble that mainly emanates from the front of the vehicle. Depending on tarmac finish this can range from Rolls Royce quiet to old tractor noisy! 

Mine is currently sporting Bridgestone Run Flats and was first registered June 22 so about 10 months old.

Has anyone with a similar age car ditched the Bridgestones and found an answer to my problem please?

• 7 months later...

Well after the puncture i recently posted about. Which i am glad it was repaired. This has given me a bit more time before I change the 2 rear tyres. I'm hoping the tread that is remaining will see me until spring. My idea is change the rears in spring then the front will be ready end of summer. Anyhow we have had a few threads about which tyre. I have read with interest what you folks are doing. I am definitely sticking with the run flats. After reading what posters have put up I think the Hankook S1 Evo 3 K127 will be my choice. I've done a bit of research and I never realized that they were a premium tyre. Someone posted a video of the new sealant tyre they are doing it appears that they do quite a bit of research as well. The Evo 3 is a quieter tyre than the Bridgestone I've noted on the ratings although that doesn't bother me. When I went and got my puncture mended the fitter said he had Hankooks on his car and he said Pete over over there another fitter never puts anything other than Hankooks on his cars. These weren't young men. Another thing the fitter who repaired mine said that the Dunlop run flats had a lot stiffer sidewall. So when the time comes its going to be Hankook for me unless one of you convince me otherwise. By the way i notice that the rears are wearing faster than the front,mine is front wheel drive as well

37 minutes ago, ALAW said:

By the way i notice that the rears are wearing faster than the front,mine is front wheel drive as well

The nature of the wear can give some clues as to the cause.  Under or over inflation will increase wear rates, as will incorrect tracking.

So it maybe worthwhile having the tracking checked when you buy your new rears.

6 hours ago, ALAW said:

Well after the puncture i recently posted about. Which i am glad it was repaired. This has given me a bit more time before I change the 2 rear tyres. I'm hoping the tread that is remaining will see me until spring. My idea is change the rears in spring then the front will be ready end of summer. Anyhow we have had a few threads about which tyre. I have read with interest what you folks are doing. I am definitely sticking with the run flats. After reading what posters have put up I think the Hankook S1 Evo 3 K127 will be my choice. I've done a bit of research and I never realized that they were a premium tyre. Someone posted a video of the new sealant tyre they are doing it appears that they do quite a bit of research as well. The Evo 3 is a quieter tyre than the Bridgestone I've noted on the ratings although that doesn't bother me. When I went and got my puncture mended the fitter said he had Hankooks on his car and he said Pete over over there another fitter never puts anything other than Hankooks on his cars. These weren't young men. Another thing the fitter who repaired mine said that the Dunlop run flats had a lot stiffer sidewall. So when the time comes its going to be Hankook for me unless one of you convince me otherwise. By the way i notice that the rears are wearing faster than the front,mine is front wheel drive as well

Before getting my 2023 UX I had a test drive in the earlier model UX. My impression was that the newer Bridgestone runflat tyres give a better ride and are quieter. But that could of course be also partly due to the suspension tweaks introduced in the facelift. Might be worth seeing if you can get a test drive in a 2023 UX. I'm pleasantly surprised by the ride and noise levels in my UX and that's after having had a Merc with air suspension and I do suffer with some back problems and I had a hip replaced a couple of years ago.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links