Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How long is to long

I think every manufacturer has the same issue/problem due  the silicon chips shortage. I hope mine would be here in 6 months time. Thats a big hope as I only ordered an F sport design. Takumi would really take some time, for how long is a conundrum.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nivlem said:

I think every manufacturer has the same issue/problem due  the silicon chips shortage.

Probably true, but I would expect the dealer to keep the customer informed.

• Like 1

I completely understand your frustration, callynred. We're both in a similar boat, although with me I'm waiting on an NX350h Takumi. 

I'm approaching the 11 month mark (it'll be 11 months in about three/three and a bit weeks time...) and like yourself, I've had no news at all over how it's progressing. Never mind a build date. The latest information I had was last week...and that was the first time the dealer contacted me without me having to do all the legwork first. I'm told I'm now looking at no sooner than mid-August - which is the forth estimated date I've been given. If that stands (which I highly doubt), that would mean me collecting it in September for the new '73' plate - bringing my own wait to 16 months.

I recall reading a newspaper article right at the end of last year which someone from Lexus (I can't remember who...) said they're hoping 2023 would be a better year when it came to the silicon chips business. Unfortunately from what we've seen so far, if anything, the situation seems to be just deteriorating. For those waiting, like ourselves, we appear to be on an indefinite waiting list. 😕

• Like 1

Were all hoping the situation will get better. Thats why we dont see any new car  at the moment , if there is, they themselves waited for a long time as well. But the looking at the moment it seems its getting worst as interest rates and prices going up and everyone else is on strike doesnt help at all. We need al lot of patience.  Im not on hurry to get the new car but it would be nice if it comes early. We wouldnt know it might be updated by the the time it arrives for as long as your deal would be honoured. ( wishful thinking)

I ordered my UX Takumi last October and the paperwork gave 30/9/23 as the expected delivery date. Because at least one person on this forum had belatedly discovered their order had been lost in the system I've been checking with the salesman once a month. My January update stated my car would go into production in March for an expected delivery in May but now it's estimated to go into production in May for likely delivery in July.

It seems Takumis are still affected by shortages of certain components. I'm guessing it could either be the head up display or the 360 degree panoramic camera. I want both of these features as I find they're very useful on my current car but if I didn't I guess it might be possible to change the order to a lower spec for a quicker delivery.

Like others have said I thought component shortages were becoming less of a problem because of the monthly production schedules published for the Toyota and Lexus plants: https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/corporate/38852100.html As they haven't published a plan for April I imagine all the plants are now back to working all shifts but presumably only producing limited numbers of higher spec cars.

According to the proverb "patience is a virtue" it's a good quality to be able to tolerate something that takes a long time!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I know what you mean with regards to the price. I fancied the Takumi and it's a lovely trim level. However, at the time I got my UX I simply couldn't justify breaking that £40k threshold - putting me into that £500 VED bracket for what was basically the same car mechanically, only with slightly more equipment. That's why I plumped for an F-Sport with the Tech & Safety pack which takes it to 'almost Takumi' spec - and at the time was just a fraction under that £40k. Obviously it still lacks a few bits, most notably a sunroof and heated rear seats but nothing else that bothers me.  

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links