Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Delayed delivery

3 hours ago, David Williamson said:

The latest on delayed delivery of my NX450H+ is that Derby won’t release it now as it won’t have a locking wheel nut. Allegedly the manufacturer can’t supply new NX300s and 450s with them. This is allegedly delaying delivery of 1,000+ vehicles. Surely these are manufactured in Japan and supplied prior to the vessel departing Toyota City. Anyone else heard this new excuse???

I cannot believe that any car manufacturer let along Lexus are putting you thro this!

Can you, your dealership and Derby not come to some sort of pragmatic agreement.

Mud guards - take delivery without and let the dealership fit when available (the dealerships used to do this and I am not sure when / why it move away.

Locking wheel nuts - get Derby to deliver and you or your dealership nip around to Halfords ( any car shop) and the dealership fit while you do the paperwork.

I am starting to get worried about my delivery based on your experience - my 450h is on the transport ship at the moment and should dock in a couple of weeks. So based on the current shortages and the backlog of vehicles and can imagine that the wait is only going to get longer.

I am sure you are regular contact with the dealership, but have you tried Lexus customer services to get this resolved.

1 hour ago, HMT said:

I cannot believe that any car manufacturer let along Lexus are putting you thro this!

Can you, your dealership and Derby not come to some sort of pragmatic agreement.

Mud guards - take delivery without and let the dealership fit when available (the dealerships used to do this and I am not sure when / why it move away.

Locking wheel nuts - get Derby to deliver and you or your dealership nip around to Halfords ( any car shop) and the dealership fit while you do the paperwork.

I am starting to get worried about my delivery based on your experience - my 450h is on the transport ship at the moment and should dock in a couple of weeks. So based on the current shortages and the backlog of vehicles and can imagine that the wait is only going to get longer.

I am sure you are regular contact with the dealership, but have you tried Lexus customer services to get this resolved.

Doesn't anyone want to get paid these days🤯🤯🤯

Thanks HMT. I have already agreed to accept delivery without mudflaps and without a locking wheel nut. Lexus Customer Service are not engaged as the vehicle isn’t yet in my possession. I have also, using LinkedIn, escalated the issue to a Director of Lexus U.K. and await a response. Unfortunately I live 300+ miles from my dealer and can’t sit on his desk until the issue is resolved. Will keep you posted. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jonathan walters said:

Same car same problem from Lexus Cambridge and despite being "promised" two keys -ordered April 27th 2022

43 minutes ago, David Williamson said:

I’m expecting delivery in Cornwall today. 🫰🏻

Do you have your car yet - what delays did you have ( still having) from Derby ? Think I might be in similar position soon as my car should be arriving in Uk in next  couple of weeks

40 minutes ago, David Williamson said:

🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻Almost there. Then there will be nothing to post about - other than joy 🤩 

mine arrives from Derby on the 6th - something to celebrate other than the coronation! But I’ll be out of the country until later in the month. Just one year to the day since I ordered. The irony of missing the final arrival…

Have fun David!!

45 minutes ago, David Williamson said:

Fingers crossed for you !!!!!!

1 minute ago, HMT said:

Do you have your car yet - what delays did you have ( still having) from Derby ? Think I might be in similar position soon as my car should be arriving in Uk in next  couple of weeks

Hi! Lexus UK mailed me on the 18th to say the car was ‘here’ and they’d contact me ‘soon’ 😁 once it was on the way to my dealer. I live 30 minutes from Portbury but it’s now in Derby! I contacted my dealer and they had not been informed! Hi-humm…

long story short, the dealer told me yesterday they had delays in Derby (who knew?) and that the car would be at the dealer on 6th, just in time for the coronation bank holiday. 😂 then they have to fit my front and rear dash cam  

I will be out of the country until later in May, so expect all will be ready for my return. Just one year to the day since I ordered. Can’t wait….so what exactly have I been doing for the last year? Seems I actually can wait after all 😆

On 4/28/2023 at 12:01 PM, Harry Junior said:

Hi! Lexus UK mailed me on the 18th to say the car was ‘here’ and they’d contact me ‘soon’ 😁 once it was on the way to my dealer. I live 30 minutes from Portbury but it’s now in Derby! I contacted my dealer and they had not been informed! Hi-humm…

long story short, the dealer told me yesterday they had delays in Derby (who knew?) and that the car would be at the dealer on 6th, just in time for the coronation bank holiday. 😂 then they have to fit my front and rear dash cam  

I will be out of the country until later in May, so expect all will be ready for my return. Just one year to the day since I ordered. Can’t wait….so what exactly have I been doing for the last year? Seems I actually can wait after all 😆

I would call in to the dealer in person and be a bit hard nosed about it. My dealership are nice peolpe but they only chased up for information after I have walked in and not before. It's a lot of money so I would push all of them.

2 hours ago, WhiteHart said:

I would call in to the dealer in person and be a bit hard nosed about it. My dealership are nice peolpe but they only chased up for information after I have walked in and not before. It's a lot of money so I would push all of them.

You’re right - they are all nice people and so they should be with this kind of money. I’m about to leave but will be keeping on top of them while I am away. Calling in for a surprise visit is no longer an option. More to follow…

I’m relieved to advise everyone that my new NX was hand delivered by Lexus Twickenham on Friday afternoon. Some 4 weeks later than initially advised and without a locking wheel which may become subject of a class recall. The dealer has been brilliant, from my perspective, but Lexus have been awful, far too secretive. 
So far the driving experience has been highly satisfactory, we have a 200 mile journey tomorrow so that will be a good test.

Thanks to one and all for their comments and virtual support. Much appreciated.

IMG_6211.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, David Williamson said:

I’m relieved to advise everyone that my new NX was hand delivered by Lexus Twickenham on Friday afternoon. Some 4 weeks later than initially advised and without a locking wheel which may become subject of a class recall. The dealer has been brilliant, from my perspective, but Lexus have been awful, far too secretive. 
So far the driving experience has been highly satisfactory, we have a 200 mile journey tomorrow so that will be a good test.

IMG_6211.jpeg

Great news…….. looks good …. enjoy

3 hours ago, RadicalCoupe-Fuji said:

All the NX have been port blocked because of some issue regarding wheel nuts or something.

Not sure what “port blocked” means ?

from Japan or Portbury ?

NX, s are being delivered without locking wheel nuts ( and mud flaps if ordered)

4 hours ago, David Williamson said:

IMG_6211.jpeg

Looks great 😀

On 4/30/2023 at 4:49 PM, David Williamson said:

IMG_6211.jpeg

Great News. 
Enjoy your NX and welcome to the Nori (or Terrane kaki) Green team !

1 hour ago, NiCoRe said:

Great News. 
Enjoy your NX and welcome to the Nori (or Terrane kaki) Green team !

My colour! Isn’t it a beauty? A definite Nori conscript here, khaki is not for me. And delivery is nigh, I’m so excited! 🤞🏻

On 4/28/2023 at 12:01 PM, Harry Junior said:

My car is stuck in Derby. Was due at dealer on 27 April and I only found out it hadn’t got to them by contacting the dealer on that day. Revised date is now 12 May (it will have been in Derby for 3 weeks). Dealer has no idea what is causing delay and can’t call them to ask. Apparently has to be electronic comms and no one answers.  What happened to Kaizen? Terrible internal comms in Lexus.

• Sad 1

It sounds a bit iffy to me, can’t contact Lexus Derby? Phone number is on google!
Perhaps a Lexus Derby buyer has thrown the toys out of the pram and in order to pacify your car has now become someone else’s.

Dealer has now confirmed delay due to issue with locking wheel nuts. Doesn’t know when it will be resolved. They are certainly good at testing one’s patience!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links