Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any thoughts about another F owners gathering this year?

14 hours ago, HallifordMan said:

Still planning to attend the Big Meet on Sunday! Gather at 11am? It's only 2 hours away and time for a trot....

The plan is to start turning up at 11, there is a big Ford Meeting at the week-end so I guess by 11 most of the queue to get in will have diminished.

• Like 1

Count me in with my GSF. I managed to wangle my 7 day break to stay in the Cotswolds (don't think I managed to convince my wife that the F event had no influence on choice of area!). When I get home this evening I will trawl through the thread to find details of the venue and arrangements.

• Like 1

Just to confirm the details of this gathering, here is the e-mail from the Museum.

Looking forward to meeting forum members and of course those invited through social media. Just to confirm it's £10 per person if you want to visit the Museum and get access to the room they have provided.

Please note the error in the e-mail it's Sunday 25th at around 11 o'clock for us. There is a big Ford meeting that I wasn't aware of so we will see if it is a pain for us this time. If it is, the next gathering we organise a meeting at this venue I'll be sure to check if any other  marques have the date we would like. But I suspect as we won't be a big crowd we'll probably have little say in the matter.

Dear David

Thank you for your booking and I have placed your meeting in the Boardroom. 

On Sunday 26 June we have the Ford National Show taking place so it will be very busy onsite so you may have to queue to get onsite, if you can ask your delegates to park to the rear of the venue on the Western Arena marked 6 on the site map attached.

You will be able to receive 20% off any refreshments in the cafe using your 20% discount car club stickers which will be given to you on arrival which will also give everyone complimentary access into the Museum. Alternatively I can arrange to have catering/refreshmetns served to the room although this will be more expensive and you will not receive the discount - please let me know.

Have a good evening 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B1RMA said:

Just to confirm the details of this gathering, here is the e-mail from the Museum.

Looking forward to meeting forum members and of course those invited through social media. Just to confirm it's £10 per person if you want to visit the Museum and get access to the room they have provided.

Please note the error in the e-mail it's Sunday 25th at around 11 o'clock for us. There is a big Ford meeting that I wasn't aware of so we will see if it is a pain for us this time. If it is, the next gathering we organise a meeting at this venue I'll be sure to check if any other  marques have the date we would like. But I suspect as we won't be a big crowd we'll probably have little say in the matter.

Dear David

Thank you for your booking and I have placed your meeting in the Boardroom. 

On Sunday 26 June we have the Ford National Show taking place so it will be very busy onsite so you may have to queue to get onsite, if you can ask your delegates to park to the rear of the venue on the Western Arena marked 6 on the site map attached.

You will be able to receive 20% off any refreshments in the cafe using your 20% discount car club stickers which will be given to you on arrival which will also give everyone complimentary access into the Museum. Alternatively I can arrange to have catering/refreshmetns served to the room although this will be more expensive and you will not receive the discount - please let me know.

Have a good evening 

Looking like its going to be a decent turn out 👍🏻 as the capt of the boat in JAWS said….. you may need a bigger CAR park lol 😆 

Guys (and girls) I’m absolutely gutted!!

My daughter is sick and so I’ll need to stay home with her today and won’t make it to the meet.

Please take plenty of photos for me to gorp at online, have a good one 👍🏼

Just as I turned up I got a call from my wife saying our neighbour at the back of our house reported water pouring down our roof.

So I told her her to turn the water off and call British Gas emergency service.

It would appear that my efforts to book us into the Museum have gone pear shaped.

I will call them Monday to find out how this happened.

Hope you all had a good time.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

Just as I turned up I got a call from my wife saying our neighbour at the back of our house reported water pouring down our roof.

So I told her her to turn the water off and call British Gas emergency service.

It would appear that my efforts to book us into the Museum have gone pear shaped.

I will call them Monday to find out how this happened.

Hope you all had a good time.

When I went inside the Museum there was no one collecting any money or looking at tickets...that was going in the doors near we parked then down the escalator to the Museum display.

• Like 1

Hi yes thank you for organising  the event had a good look at some very decent  looking cars. Hopefully will own one myself in the not to distant future. In need of an isf as soon as possible. :yahoo: All the best john

• Like 1

Thank you for organising David. It was lovely to meet everyone 😁.

We really enjoyed looking round the venue too. 

For info I bought 3 tickets/wristbands at the kiosk (I have a pic of the numbers if needed) 

Hopefully I’ve attached the pictures I took. Sorry I’m no photographer IMG_6799.thumb.jpeg.0653f609b9b868e244921085314df7c7.jpegIMG_6795.thumb.jpeg.6961e0fde4b21c33418f692a2fb09110.jpegIMG_6794.thumb.jpeg.75111154e94880a710d612e35b100c2a.jpegIMG_6793.thumb.jpeg.a8f7b6a16d97d3d4f741152857ee78b1.jpegIMG_6792.thumb.jpeg.bf3a95d106cc5b6a61ae3087f7c15492.jpegIMG_6791.thumb.jpeg.cb203a940361c2630a13dd3267a1d42f.jpegIMG_6798.thumb.jpeg.0befefb5287bddd3f4d661658ef9033c.jpeg

IMG_6797.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Big thanks to Birma for making this happen today. Saw more F cars than I've ever seen on the roads. Great seeing and talking to all, learnt more about my own car from you all than ever the dealer told me. Till the next time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Arqum said:

Thanks for sorting things @B1RMA. FYI handed my sticker back so they best not invoice you for it.

I forgot to hand my back but I would negotiate with them because of there mess up. 

If you do get charged let me know and send you what's owed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkHB said:

Big thanks to Birma for making this happen today. Saw more F cars than I've ever seen on the roads. Great seeing and talking to all, learnt more about my own car from you all than ever the dealer told me. Till the next time.

Ditto all that... including thanks to B1RMA for organising. Look forward to another 👍🏼

• Like 1

I've sent an e-mail to the Museum regarding the rather disappointing arrangements.

In fact if we do another gathering we might as well meet up in that carpark where we were parked, that way we can decide whether to have a drive out to a local pub or whatever we like. As it is a more central location for most members.

I'm glad most enjoyed the day, I arrived home to a worn out/burst valve on the ball-***** to the cold water tank in my loft (typical timing eh)

Despite me not making it (gutted and daughter still unwell 😞) thanks from me for organising @B1RMA I know it can be a bit like herding cats.

Perhaps we might get another one in before the weather turns horrid again...

• Like 1

Thanks B1RMA for organising it.

I eventually got home around 5pm despite leaving you all early after ignoring my satnav and deciding to go back via the M42 .. just to find it closed between J6 and J8 due to weekend roadworks and stuck in the diversions. 😒

• Like 1

Yes thank you @B1RMA for organising the get together and all the rest. So nice to see the F's out in the sun. Major tailback on the M40 due to an accident but managed to get into work with 30mins to spare.

• Like 1

Thanks @B1RMA for doing the arranging with the venue. We ended up split into two car parks, so here are my shots from the secondary group of cars.

Great to meet everyone and still ended up being a really nice day hanging around and talking cars. 😄

20230625-DSC_5550.thumb.jpg.6b00b8cba2df9209d6788e57dce59db3.jpg20230625-DSC_5540.thumb.jpg.64f08310dbf7db6ef2e318af12c7db6b.jpg20230625-DSC_5547.thumb.jpg.844e380ee32b2f2ff9e1f000d645504a.jpg20230625-DSC_5546.thumb.jpg.511ffb708b853394f8de1a8c57ad6f2e.jpg20230625-DSC_5545.thumb.jpg.21aeb87229ad47c33d4d37475fdd5a15.jpg20230625-DSC_5544.thumb.jpg.a508e06c92ad9b814bf5d62f13cf6a83.jpg20230625-DSC_5537.thumb.jpg.38072eae33b730bedce316d498a58c6d.jpg20230625-DSC_5543.thumb.jpg.3d8446fe6399ca5fa2883b53f6e410ef.jpg20230625-DSC_5551.thumb.jpg.96bee866750e1365d2f32b6b7ba7219a.jpg20230625-DSC_5542.thumb.jpg.a72e0639087c62484d10f42c7a6112c5.jpg20230625-DSC_5538.thumb.jpg.e0338e9d690767439237aac9aab4f975.jpg

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links