Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

MPG

Cs150

On a short run of 10 miles or less tend to get late 40s and generally around 47 or 48mpg on a mixture of roads. On a longer run been seeing around 55mpg. Are other members getting similar figures?

I've had my ES for 17 months and the clock is showing 4,345 miles. I drive in normal mode and the average mileage clock has never been reset from new and is showing 41.9 mpg. As you can tell we mostly use it for shopping with the occasional run out. I said before buying it I would be happy with 40mpg.

• Like 2

I have 6.5 L / 100km. Tiny CT. Normal according to this:

https://www.fuelly.com/car/lexus/ct200h/2017

Wonder how so many are far below that. I drive medium / slow, following traffic, do not want speeding fines. 4.5 can be possible if driving on highway 60 - 70 km/h, but I do not want to have other cars honking at me.

3 hours ago, beyond the blue said:

I've had my ES for 17 months and the clock is showing 4,345 miles. I drive in normal mode and the average mileage clock has never been reset from new and is showing 41.9 mpg. As you can tell we mostly use it for shopping with the occasional run out. I said before buying it I would be happy with 40mpg.

Hiya,

we got ours at the same time and I have done 3700 just about with my average showing 47.7. I drive in eco most of the time unless I want to pull away from a roundabout a bit quicker.

June and July we’re both 53 with my worst being 43 over the winter

• Like 1

19.1k on mine now.

Yes, what you're getting is exactly what I've reported in the past on this form. The thing likes long runs. Best, full tank MPG for me was 60. Can dip into upper 40's when cold and when I'm mostly doing short runs.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tonyw said:

Hiya,

we got ours at the same time and I have done 3700 just about with my average showing 47.7. I drive in eco most of the time unless I want to pull away from a roundabout a bit quicker.

June and July we’re both 53 with my worst being 43 over the winter

So we should see a slight improvement shortly as we have had two winters but only one summer.

During the winter of 2021 my mpg dropped to 41 from the summer where it was 52.I also found the car was slightly sluggish,so in 2022 i started using E5 petrol again the car felt more peppy with the added bonus the mpg has stood at 55 ever since.

1 hour ago, beyond the blue said:

So we should see a slight improvement shortly as we have had two winters but only one summer.

You might, I am starting again and picking up a new one in a few weeks

My ES has done 4200 miles and the fuel consumption mirrors the previous threads.  I’m quite amazed how good it is.  Heavy and 2.5litres. The Atkinson cycle engine is so efficient when coupled to the hybrid system. At 70 mph, if you switch to sports mode, the rev counter barely shows 1200rpm!  Amazing.  So much different to to my old 2009 auto petrol Accord.  25mpg around town and maybe 40 on a run.

17 hours ago, beyond the blue said:

If global warming is on the way, you'll have 3 summers and ½ a winter.

image.thumb.png.9f7bf9c35eced78c23c4ee8ba5428cc5.png

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

I have 6.5 L / 100km. Tiny CT. Normal according to this:

https://www.fuelly.com/car/lexus/ct200h/2017

Wonder how so many are far below that. I drive medium / slow, following traffic, do not want speeding fines. 4.5 can be possible if driving on highway 60 - 70 km/h, but I do not want to have other cars honking at me.

I track mine too, with Spritmonitor, and even though I pay attention, my best ever full tank of 6l/100km (IS300h) is still nowhere near the top of the league, and my long-term average is 7.1 litres. Best in class is 5.5 litres long term. All I know is that my car is capable of 5.5 litres in the right conditions, so one can only assume that some people drive a lot in ideal conditions and in the right style. Probably very good tarmac, little wind, mostly flat topology, lots of cruising between 50 and 70.

Just did a 310-mile drive yesterday, bendy A-roads, motorways, some passing through stop and go traffic, then picking up dinner in town. Computer says 51.6mpg, which suggests real world is around 49mpg (computer underestimates fuel use by 8% which is quite big but also odo measurement is lower than actual miles traveled, by around 2%, so that's how it works out), so 5.8 litres.

There are so many variables it's not worth getting too worked up about it, my refuelling consumptions (very rarely less than a half tank, typically near full tank) are spread out between 6 and 10 litres. How you drive is the major component you can control but your road conditions are setting the boundaries for your fuel economy. You can't do much about it when driving in European cities in the winter, or driving in the mountains, and equally, I don't want to do 70-80 on a European motorway with 1100 miles ahead of me, just to see good mpg. 

Having said all that, the economy of the fourth-generation hybrid system employed by the ES300h is out of reach, looks like it's at least 10% better, probably 15%.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Averaging 55mpg now, and seen it above 60mpg after replacing the front tyres with Bridgestone Turanza T006 (the rim protection is not as big as Potenza) - previously were Bridgestone Potenza and was averaging 50mpg. During winter I've dipped to 47mpg.

Mainly mixed traffic and I'm checking every time I do a full tank.

• 2 weeks later...

Car now has 3,000 miles on the clock and MPG is about 50+ on non motorway roads and 50 on UK motorways (drops to about 47 on European motorways with higher speed limits - averaging about 80mph = 45 mpg).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links