Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Now this could be and probably is a silly question. As days move closer to my NX 450 turning up, I am thinking should I have added mudflaps to my order.

Had them on my first RC and have them on my RX, well worth it for keeping the majority of muck off the sides and rear of the car.

As the protection pack is a post-manufactured addition, it's not too late...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WhiteHart said:

Now this could be and probably is a silly question. As days move closer to my NX 450 turning up, I am thinking should I have added mudflaps to my order.

Have them on my 300h and have ordered them as part of the protection pack on my 450h - would always have them fitted, not only from the muck point of view but also from stopping stone chips.

my only concern at the moment about adding them to the order are the comments about shortages at Derby ( along with locking wheel nuts) that could slow up delivery.  Perhaps ask your dealer about fitting after delivery ?

my new car is currently sat at Derby and I have no idea when I will get it

• Thanks 1

image.thumb.jpeg.08d38f58f253fca2771aa7df5d9496cf.jpeg

It’s not an NX450, but it was a couple of hours driving on a damp A road that prompted me to fit a set of mudflaps.

And I’d washed it only the day before!

Plenty of aftermarket options available if you’ve missed a factory fit  - although the Dealer could fit them prior to delivery.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HMT said:

my only concern at the moment about adding them to the order are the comments about shortages at Derby

Thank you for that good point about possibilities of more delays. 

Thank you all for your input, I will be calling my dealer today so I can to pay more money or try and get it add free due to the delays. I think I know which way it will work out. 

• Like 1

I just bought mine OEM from the Lexus eBay site, after I got tired of constantly cleaning the back quarters from all the muck the tyres kicked up onto the paintwork.

I asked the local Lexus Centre to fit them, and they did FOC, much cheaper than speccing the whole protection pack, which I didn't want.

25 minutes ago, Al D-Much said:

I just bought mine OEM from the Lexus eBay site, after I got tired of constantly cleaning the back quarters from all the muck the tyres kicked up onto the paintwork.

I asked the local Lexus Centre to fit them, and they did FOC, much cheaper than speccing the whole protection pack, which I didn't want.

Sounds like a good idea  😀

I ordered a protection pack for my NX450H+ however, as someone said this is a pre-delivery fitted item. My vehicle’s delivery was delayed due to shortage of mudflaps so, to expedite delivery, I cancelled the protection pack. Eventually when the vehicle was delivered, without locking wheel nut, the vehicle arrived with mud flaps. My dealer was completely gobsmacked!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, WhiteHart said:

The mudflaps I ordered for my lovely new car will not be fitted when I finally pick the car up on Saturday. They are on order. 

How very irritating for you, Kevin.

This - and the lack of locking wheel nuts or bolts - can take the gloss off the pleasure of acquiring a new car.  At the very least, it means an additional Dealer visit. 

Although not the Dealer’s fault, I hope they are taking responsibility and arranging some acceptable compensation!

To brighten your mood, I can suggest an additional way to spend your money.  Have you considered having it professionally Detailed and a ceramic coating applied?  Much depends on how long you plan to keep it, but Detailers say this is the ideal time for them to work on a car - when it should have the very minimum of paint correction required.

All the best for Saturday.  😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, WhiteHart said:

The mudflaps I ordered for my lovely new car will not be fitted when I finally pick the car up on Saturday. They are on order. 

What is the excuse for "no mudfaps" 🙄🙄

I am aware of the worldwide chip shortage but don't think that there are many chips in a mudflap 😅

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Scotlex said:

What is the excuse for "no mudfaps" 🙄🙄

I am aware of the worldwide chip shortage but don't think that there are many chips in a mudflap 😅

One of the parts suppliers for mudflaps & other rubberised accessories to Toyota / Lexus went out of business a few months ago. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Toyota Owner said:

One of the parts suppliers for mudflaps & other rubberised accessories to Toyota / Lexus went out of business a few months ago. 

At least that makes more sense - thanks. (shame for the company).

• Like 1

Pick up my new Lexus NX 450 today and had a bit of hope that the flaps would be fitted. And there were no mudflaps. No date for them to be fitted. 

• Sad 2

I specifically said No to mudflats on my NX450+ Takumi order. May be different on my prior BMW but the extra wind noise and higher fuel consumption was not worth the slight reduction in cleaning time after ceramic coat.
Useful to get some base figures now for comparison then you may find you prefer to take them off after eventually getting them fitted. 😉 

2 hours ago, BillSt said:

the extra wind noise and higher fuel consumption was not worth the slight reduction in cleaning time after ceramic coat.

An interesting observation, Bill, but it was the dirt spray I’d collected after a couple of hours driving on a damp road - as per the image I posted earlier - that persuaded me to fit mud flaps.

True, my hearing is such that cars are getting quieter with every passing year and I do so few miles that fuel consumption is not a factor.  But putting off car washing definitely is …something I’ve been discussing in another thread!  😊

• Like 4

On 7/1/2023 at 5:20 PM, RadicalCoupe-Fuji said:

You know things are bad when theres a shortage on quick & easy to produce moulded plastic parts. 

I think it's less about a shortage of parts and more about lack of demand for an expensively priced cheap plastic part. I suspect there's no shortage of supply on aliexpress or eBay, where you can get a set of mudflaps for anywhere between £20-50.

I think I paid £25 for mine, and they took about half an hour to fit.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links