Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service Plan UK

mister_johnn

Hi,

Does anyone know if recently Lexus UK changed their Service Plan? I know that the price has increased, but they are not offering anymore a 10% discount when buying a Service Plan and it's not cheaper than buying a service one by one.

I use them since 2017 and today was told that there will be no more discount when buying a service plan with them... What is the point of buying a service plan is this is not a bit cheaper than buying a service one by one?

Maybe is only the dealership I'm using, that's why I'm asking.

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, mister_johnn said:

What is the point of buying a service plan is this is not a bit cheaper than buying a service one by one?

1. Protecting against future price increases ie inflation
  2. Interest free monthly direct debit
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, mister_johnn said:

Hi,

Does anyone know if recently Lexus UK changed their Service Plan? I know that the price has increased, but they are not offering anymore a 10% discount when buying a Service Plan and it's not cheaper than buying a service one by one.

I use them since 2017 and today was told that there will be no more discount when buying a service plan with them... What is the point of buying a service plan is this is not a bit cheaper than buying a service one by one?

Thanks!

I thought the 10% discount was off things like MOT's, parts etc. not off the service plan itself.

• Like 1

Thanks for the answers, makes sense. I was getting 10% discount on service plans all the time until recently.

I do find it a bit expensive for what they offer... 40k service is £580 and they replace oil, oil filter, pollen filter, air filter, windscreen washer fluid, brake fluid, and the Battery on the key fob... The rest is a list with checks and inspections... 50k service covers oil, oil filter, pollen filter, and windscreen washer fluid... The rest is the list with checks and inspections, but at least this one is £305.

For what is done, I find it a bit on the expensive side, that's why I was asking if the discount is still available.

Have a great day!

I believe that if you join the Lexus Owners' Club, you get a discount on servicing at certain dealers - but I can't tell you how much, because they don't seem to tell you that until you join, and i don't want to join unless I can work out if it's worth it! Maybe a member could enlighten us both?

• Like 1

On 5/30/2023 at 8:15 PM, mister_johnn said:

Hi,

Thanks!

If you look up the 'Gold Members - Dealers Discounts' on this website, it should indicate how much your dealer is prepared to offer a 'paid up member'.    It's certainly worth my while, my dealer discounted their service plan by 15% for me!  https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/club-discounts/

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Illogan said:

If you look up the 'Gold Members - Dealers Discounts' on this website, it should indicate how much your dealer is prepared to offer a 'paid up member'.    It's certainly worth my while, my dealer discounted their service plan by 15% for me!  https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/club-discounts/

I get this: 

"Sorry, you cannot view this discount code or offer details because you are not a gold member."

I took out the service plan again (got a pro-rata refund on previous  one)

It is £34 a month for 3 services and the first MOT, so just under £395 per service when you take off the £40 for an MOt 

On 5/30/2023 at 10:15 PM, mister_johnn said:

Hi,

Thanks!

Lexus Leeds, is offering 10%, my advice is get a quote from them then get your local dealer i assume guilford seeing as you live in surrey to match it, thats what im trying to do with the ones in london. https://www.vantagemotorgroup.co.uk/servicing/service-plans/

On 5/30/2023 at 10:15 PM, mister_johnn said:

Hi,

Thanks!

btw it will email you a pdf of the quote and the benefits, wait for that then negotiate would be my advice.

I tried becoming a Gold member to get the discount, called a few dealerships, and none wanted to give the discount, they've all sent the same quote £580 for full service and £305 for intermediate. I ended up paying the full price in the end... Not even the person which was giving my previous discounts wasn't able to help. He said that before they were able to tweak the price because it was coming straight from the dealer, but now all contracts go through Lexus and that's the best they can do... I can't tell if this is true or not, but this is what I was told. Maybe something changed recently...

• 1 month later...

Lexus e mailed me about service plans. £43 per month  for a 2 year plan for 2 services, 2 MOTs and 2 years  road side assist.   Not sure if this is a good deal or not. 

Are service plans not administered by Emac ?, and as such it is not a Lexus product just the means of a finance house covering the service costs as and when vehicle goes for maintenance and or mot 🤔 ???

I bought a 6 year plan for £38 per month. When it was first offered it was dealer specific (Bolton) but l got them to change it to nation wide. Maybe something to think about if you intend relocating.

10 hours ago, SH20 said:

Lexus e mailed me about service plans. £43 per month  for a 2 year plan for 2 services, 2 MOTs and 2 years  road side assist.   Not sure if this is a good deal or not. 

Minor service - £305

Major service - £580

Recovery x 2 -£310

MOT x2 - £100

Total = £1295

£43 x24 = £1032

2 hours ago, Moleman said:

Minor service - £305

Major service - £580

Recovery x 2 -£310

MOT x2 - £100

Total = £1295

£43 x24 = £1032

Plus the guarantee that it won't increase over the term of the plan. 

13 hours ago, Duggie B said:

Are service plans not administered by Emac ?, and as such it is not a Lexus product just the means of a finance house covering the service costs as and when vehicle goes for maintenance and or mot 🤔 ???

That is correct - Emac administer the plan and payments but the price and delivery schedule is done by the Lexus dealer and fed into the Emac system. My dealer did the last one on his computer while I was sat with him and I received the email with the documents almost immediately. 

5 hours ago, Derant said:

My 3 service plan is with Inchcape, Leicester although it says I can change to another Inchcape dealer. The direct debit is to EMAC.

Same here in that my service plan is for any Jemca dealer but if I want to change to a non-Jemca dealer then I have to take a refund on what remains of the plan (at the end of the day it's just like a simple bank account) and one a new service plan with a new dealer. 

My service plan, set up when I visited Lexus Maidstone just before the dealership went to Steven Eagel, is valid at any dealership and not tied to any one franchise. Maybe it was due to the change from Marshall to Steven Eagel at the time.

• Like 1

I took out a service plan via the official Lexus website and payments are collected by Planmyservice LLP on behalf of Lexus UK (although in the body of the contract the service plan provider is identified as eDynamix UK Limited,)

It is not tied to any franchise and services can be done in any Lexus/Toyota dealership in the United Kingdom, the Isle of Man, or the Channel Islands.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

I took out a service plan via the official Lexus website and payments are collected by Planmyservice LLP on behalf of Lexus UK (although in the body of the contract the service plan provider is identified as eDynamix UK Limited,)

It is not tied to any franchise and services can be done in any Lexus/Toyota dealership in the United Kingdom, the Isle of Man, or the Channel Islands.

Interesting - looks like something may have changed regards the service plans in that case - mine will be due for renewal at my next service in a few months time so will see what is what then.

I've just had a quote from Lexus Woodford in London and they definitely gave an automatic 10% discount on the service prices on a service plan vs paying directly for each one. Details say administered by Planmhyservice LLp as mentioned above.

On 7/17/2023 at 3:53 PM, Duggie B said:

My service plan, set up when I visited Lexus Maidstone just before the dealership went to Steven Eagel, is valid at any dealership and not tied to any one franchise. Maybe it was due to the change from Marshall to Steven Eagel at the time.

I too had had the service plan from Lexus Maidstone and when I had to go to Steven Eagel in Canterbury as my next nearest dealership and gave my details, they confirmed my service plan.  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links