Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

am I nuts here ?? thinking to get a Sc430 ( as well as )

1 hour ago, Howplum said:

It's 2002.

https://www.thecarwarehouse.co.uk/vehicle/1476/toyota-crown

Have a look at their other offerings.

Blimey it's a 21/22 year young car AND sadly there's too much lingo with Japanese wordage/signage for me to cope with 

Malc

I had the convertible itch too as summer approached so picked up a Mercedes SL for the sunnier days...can whole heartedly recommend it as summer companion to the Lexii...

So in my garage, Mr Miagi now has a pretty little German girlfriend...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sc430 .  up close and personal today .  luckily a nice gent turns up seated at my Town Quay with his Sc430 parked thereat .  and i parked close too as I arrived back home from my swim ...  

NOW  .  we got chatting as one does and I sat in the driver's seat and it felt, well, not many miles different to my Ls400 other than his Sc430 is a 53 plate with tiny 80k ? mileage, that he has recently bought ........

Wot an immaculate car .  he's just had cambelt changed and it's going in for some tlc paint issues 

BUT when he opened the boot with the hood down and encompassed therein, well, of course there's really bugger all room in the boot for other than a sandwich bag .........

so then reality bites hard and if i had ever thought to use this car for long holiday journeys whatever then it really would be a " no-no "

Ah well, I'm still chatting with the B'ham garage about the Toyota Crown Royal..  the sales guy is coming back to me with some detail

I'll keep you all posted

Malc

• Like 1

Gentlemen your thoughts please 

this Toyota Crown Royal is shod with new Blackarrow tyres ….. your thoughts please for sensible use on this 3ltr power machine ?

thank you 

Malc 

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

this Toyota Crown Royal is shod with new Blackarrow tyres ….. your thoughts please for sensible use on this 3ltr power machine ?

thank you 

Malc 

If the tyres are the correct specification for that vehicle I would not be too concerned. They are budget tyres - depends how you drive. The dealer put those on because they were cheap! £53

If you were unhappy with them, then you will need to budget for a complete change and possibly sell the Black Arrows ?

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

thank you 

Malc 

If that is the deal breaker tell the seller that you are interested with decent tyres on it. That could give possibilities for various changes.

On 6/11/2023 at 6:47 PM, messi said:

Hi Malc

My advice to you having had 2 sc430's is that they are not that reliable as people make out.

Yes they are more reliable than a bmtroubleyou, Audi and merc etc, but not  the most reliable lexus. I've had 2, besides the engine, and a few misfires, it's not that reliable. But each to their own. 

Oh word of advice, never buy one from that dodgy dealer Rich Walker who calls himself lexusman in Gloucester, I'm sure there are others who have dealings with him and will tell you a few stories about him, hence why his website Lexusworld has been taken down

I whole heartily concur with your advice to stay AWAY from tricky dicky Rich Walker aka self proclaimed lexusman aka to everyone else as a dodgy con 2nd hand car dodgy dealer ( I have other ways to describe him but wont on the forum 😂)

• Like 1

This Crown Royal ….. I’m still awaiting complete answers from the Dealer to my Qs as posted above 

quite frankly I’m already unimpressed that they deemed it appropriate to put Budget tyres on a 3ltr car ….. anyway let’s await the fuller picture

I know that no one here would do so with their own existing car ….. well I wouldn’t !  

it’s early days …… 

Malc 

OK everyone, got my comprehensive answers from these very helpful people ( Tony ) in B'ham

Toyota Crown Royal . looks a brilliant 32500 mile 2011 car

Plus points are

No TPMS

NOT Air suspension

NO Satnav .             and therefore all knobs buttons etc in English

sadly no reversing warnings BUT reading on here there's a very inexpensive HAWK system with tiny installation endeavour available

The radio bands could be refocussed by a competent ICE engineer at small ? cost 

It's only a 3 ltr 

has window blinds etc but NO sunroof

It's in leather

the new tyres are very Budget Blackarrow .  wot a negative that really is on a 3ltr limo 

SO THEN .  thinking maybe then to replace the gf's 2006 150k miles 3.5ltr Honda Legend  BUT  this Crown Royal has absolutely nothing to offer over and above, indeed not as much luxury as, the Honda Legend !!!! 

I've advised them I'm not proceeding .  sadly

Malc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Howplum said:

If it offers nothing over and above the Honda Legend then you have probably made the right decision.

So, is it back to an SC430 or similar?

Nope   I’ve decided to just keep the status quo …..!the garage have offered to search out any Japanese car for me, from their special sources in Japan …… I’ve said if they find me a special condition Lexus Mk3 Ls400 then to let me know …… you never know, a 10k miles all leather non air one might just exist that I would want to go for from Japan 👍

Malc

• Like 1

I’m finding it really hard, nay impossible to develop a sensible and reasonable interest in any future new replacement or additional car purchase …… my Mk3 Ls400 for me and the 2006 Honda Legend for her indoors really are both great super cars  that suit absolutely all our needs …… the RR cabriolet would hardly ever be used and parked kerbside here at home makes zero sense 😰 ….. the upcoming  😄🤞 Hydrogen Ls700 would probably replace my existing Ls400 …… or would it 🥵

Malc 

• Like 1

Keep in mind that mine doesn't have any space where the back seat should be. I'll just say that it does depend on how you roll but I have 'done' the North West Highlands and the Outer Hebrides (and lots of other places) with the SC430. 

Constantly touring with a lot of luggage isn't going to work but if you're based and unpacked in one or two places it works fine. I don't charge up and down the motorways for hours on end with the roof down.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

I wise choice. Another good LS400 may come along in the future.

And then I’ll have TWO 😂😄🥵 ……. will I ever “ pension off “ this dear old thing ! 😂

Malc 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Or Tomorrows World's predictions may come true after all and you can buy yourself an anti-gravity self-flying Lexus with built in massage table and optional "happy ending" module. 🤣🤣
I'm sticking with my LS430 until it dies.
Then I'll probably just use taxis or my bikes or better yet make Ella get a bigger car so she can chauffeur me around instead of vice-versa. :thumbup:
She has a 2008 Focus and they are REALLY SMALL on the inside like most modern cars. 

image.jpeg.9dd43dfded2425e0bd7579f7cb059e25.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

Or Tomorrows World's predictions may come true after all and you can buy yourself an anti-gravity self-flying Lexus with built in massage table and optional "happy ending" module. 🤣🤣
I'm sticking with my LS430 until it dies.
Then I'll probably just use taxis or my bikes or better yet make Ella get a bigger car so she can chauffeur me around instead of vice-versa. :thumbup:
She has a 2008 Focus and they are REALLY SMALL on the inside like most modern cars. 

image.jpeg.9dd43dfded2425e0bd7579f7cb059e25.jpeg

But probably very economic on petrol 🥵 …… and who really cares ……. Jeez my partner will only ever put max £30 fuel in her Honda …… I, like today, just get so fed up and fill it up …. £87.42 ? But at least we’ll get places and back rather than worrying about “ only 32 miles of fuel left “ syndrome 

I get erked  quite easily these days  😂

Malc 

Ella's Focus averages about 35Mpg where my LS averages 24Mpg but it's so bloody cramped I and I have to practically fold myself in half to get in and out of the passenger seat of the ****ing thing. She is happy with it as she only commutes 5 miles each way for work and does maybe 5000 miles per year total. When I retire the LS I may have to buy her a Ford S-Max (she is Ford obsessed) just so I can get in/out of it.
Ella refuses to part-fill which does endear her to me. We both have the habit of refilling when the fuel light comes on or just before a longer trip.
As for being irked,...... I feel we are pretty much all in the irked age range (Grumpy Old Men!) 🤣

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

As for being irked,...... I feel we are pretty much all in the irked age range (Grumpy Old Men!) 🤣

And proud of it!

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links