Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

LM pricing announced

ColinBarber

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

just 1 or 2 then ............. 🤣

I'm thinking I read last year or whenever that the final Ls600 sale was just a single car in the UK  that year 😥

Malc

The LS has always managed at least 10, although we are more than 1/2 way through the year and it's only at 5 so far 😬

image.thumb.png.05c83269c34528ec221a2261369fe2b6.png

https://media.lexus.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/pdf/Lexus-UK-Sales-Figures-August-2023.pdf

I wouldn't be surprised if Lexus mandated dealerships to buy 10 just as marketing props or for directors to use, or maybe even gifted them to keep appearance of the model. Quite suspicious that exactly 10 were sold for 3 years in the row.

Unless there are 10 real hardcore LS buyers in UK who buy 1 each every year 😄 

• Haha 2

ES still not outselling the IS, even the IS 2019 year when many IS owners would have been waiting the release of the new one before changing. I still believe the IS would have been a better seller than the ES - really don't know what the bean counters were smoking to make the decision they did... Wonder how many IS owners went to another marque due to that decision or even like me decided to simply keep their existing car rather then trade in against a new one?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

ES still not outselling the IS, even the IS 2019 year when many IS owners would have been waiting the release of the new one before changing. I still believe the IS would have been a better seller than the ES - really don't know what the bean counters were smoking to make the decision they did... Wonder how many IS owners went to another marque due to that decision or even like me decided to simply keep their existing car rather then trade in against a new one?

Yeah ES really was not a successful product, I said all along it won't be a success... not going into the reasons, but it was quite predictable to flop.

Now obviously reality deniers will give the answer - "saloons are market in decline, so that is why". But as you highlighted very well, even in 2019 when IS was very old model and ES was brand new model, IS still outsold it... so it is not about the market, it is about the car. 

I really don't know why Lexus doing what they doing, it almost seems like they don't want to sell more cars and are just sabotaging themselves in UK. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

The LS has always managed at least 10, although we are more than 1/2 way through the year and it's only at 5 so far 😬

image.thumb.png.05c83269c34528ec221a2261369fe2b6.png

https://media.lexus.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/pdf/Lexus-UK-Sales-Figures-August-2023.pdf

I wonder how the UK compares to other but main global markets ?  coz clearly the UK is just a fly in the ointment !

Malc

On 9/28/2023 at 6:50 PM, wharfhouse said:

ES still not outselling the IS, even the IS 2019 year

I see prices of those first ES cars are now sinking down to the low 20s. But the best IS eg 20-reg Takumi are still fetching high 20s — surely a measure of what a flop the ES has been. IS customers value the car's (relative) compactness. 

• Like 2

Might be owners are hanging on to their Lexii and without appealing particularly to fresh market opportunities in the UK then the brand new sales just won’t happen ! 

maybe !!

Malc 

• 7 months later...

Well 8 months later I've seen my first LM. Silver 73 reg the chauffeur type spec with two beigey coloured armchairs in the back couldn't see a lot more as the rear passenger windows have real heavy tint. Looks a lot better in the flesh but what's the point, if you buy one you won't be lounging in the back you'll be in the cheap seats driving. It's in a holiday park lodge parking spot where we are at the moment so appears a privately owned one.

12 minutes ago, Bezzer said:

Well 8 months later I've seen my first LM. Silver 73 reg the chauffeur type spec with two beigey coloured armchairs in the back couldn't see a lot more as the rear passenger windows have real heavy tint. Looks a lot better in the flesh but what's the point, if you buy one you won't be lounging in the back you'll be in the cheap seats driving. It's in a holiday park lodge parking spot where we are at the moment so appears a privately owned one.

There are two possibilities here--

A.You've mistaken it for a Scania truck,or

B.Some Lexus employee has pi55ed off the fleet manager,and He has been allocated the LM.

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, DavidCM said:

There are two possibilities here--

A.You've mistaken it for a Scania truck,or

B.Some Lexus employee has pi55ed off the fleet manager,and He has been allocated the LM.

Are you sure you're not a closet LM owner trying to divert attention and prevent us finding out by keep referring to it as a Scania? which I suppose you would if you were constantly staring at it on your driveway. This one just happens to be in Hampshire, the same location as you, coincidence or not ? 🙂 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bezzer said:

Are you sure you're not a closet LM owner trying to divert attention and prevent us finding out by keep 🙂

I've just been up to the carport to check and it is definitely an RC,so I didn't need the sickbag.I shall try to trace the LM driver and attempt to have him deported from the county for comes against good taste.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links