Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Extended Warranty 10 year plus cover

Hi looking for advice please, my RELAX Warranty runs out on the 2nd September this year, & want to take out the warranty for cars over 10 years old. Contacted my local Lexus centre at Chalfont St Giles who I service my RX with, although very helpful had never heard of the Extended Warranty for cars over 10 years old. I contacted Lexus Customer Relations yesterday who said that Lexus had never offered this Warranty ,gave me details of Lexus warranty on new cars & RELAX and that was all the warranties Lexus  can offer.offer.

When I mentioned the Lexus Owners Club and that members did indeed have these warranties in place, the response was that dealers must be selling their own warranties.

I am keen to take out this warranty but also to stay with Lexus Chalfont St Giles had a previous RELAX claim on tailgate motor unit paid in full,as I have a good relationship with them.

Would any of you have any contact details of a dealer that would be willing to sell me this warranty, albeit on the basis that I would not be servicing or potentially repairing the RX with them.

Any guidance would be much appreciated

Thanks

Frank

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Frank the Hornet said:

Hi looking for advice please, my RELAX Warranty runs out on the 2nd September this year, & want to take out the warranty for cars over 10 years old. Contacted my local Lexus centre at Chalfont St Giles who I service my RX with, although very helpful had never heard of the Extended Warranty for cars over 10 years old. I contacted Lexus Customer Relations yesterday who said that Lexus had never offered this Warranty ,gave me details of Lexus warranty on new cars & RELAX and that was all the warranties Lexus  can offer.offer.

When I mentioned the Lexus Owners Club and that members did indeed have these warranties in place, the response was that dealers must be selling their own warranties.

I am keen to take out this warranty but also to stay with Lexus Chalfont St Giles had a previous RELAX claim on tailgate motor unit paid in full,as I have a good relationship with them.

Would any of you have any contact details of a dealer that would be willing to sell me this warranty, albeit on the basis that I would not be servicing or potentially repairing the RX with them.

Any guidance would be much appreciated

Thanks

Frank

I have the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty on my 2014 IS 300h (as it's covered more than 100k miles) this is my second year of the warranty and it will be due for renewal again in November. It is true that some dealers are not that clued up on it but I'm surprised Lexus CR didn't know about it. It is a Lexus UK policy (not dealer specific) policy. I have all my car needs handled by Lexus Reading (part of the Jemca group) and not had any issues taking out the policy through them. 

• Like 1

I too have the 10 year plus extended warranty, and can confirm that it's a Lexus product, not a dealer specific one.

I originally took mine out with Lexus Battersea, but they've since closed, so renewed with Lexus Guildford. Guildford had never heard of it either, so took them a little time to process it, but they renewed it. Cost for the RX 450h is around £560, payable by direct debit in 10 monthly installments, and  includes UK and  European Lexus Roadside Assistance.

• Like 3

Lexus stopped selling extended warranty - they were giving it away but only for cars with less that 100K miles at 10 years old.

I am intrigued that Bill could get a Lexus warranty.  Just before my last extended warranty ran out I had £2000+ of work done - the front bushes and some air conditioning work.  That warranty was sold by Lexus but provided by a third party.  My local dealer is Coventry and were adamant in 2021 that there was no extended warranty available from Lexus.

Lexus will extend the traction Battery warranty if you keep the health checks up to date.  I have mine serviced at a dealer so the batt health check is done then.

I took a warranty from Motoreasy - it is £350 a year and covers all the important big stuff.

I have it on auto-renew in case I forget.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, brendangeorge said:

That warranty was sold by Lexus but provided by a third party.  My local dealer is Coventry and were adamant in 2021 that there was no extended warranty available from Lexus.

The warranty was administered by a third party but ultimately backed by Toyota. Your experience is common, but as shown above and by others the extended warranty was/is available even after Relax was introduced.

• Like 2

You have to be very specific and ask for the Lexus 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty - don't just ask about extended warranty as the old Extended Warranty was stopped with the introduction of Relax.

The 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty is ONLY for cars over 10 years old or over 100k miles whichever comes first (any other car less than this is covered by Relax) and can be renewed annually (at about £500 per year but also includes Lexus Roadside Assistance) until the car is 15 years old or 150k miles whichever comes first. The car MUST be serviced on schedule (12 months or 10k miles whichever comes first) by a Lexus dealer for the warranty to be valid.

It is a Lexus product and very comprehensive (not a dealer product but is bought through the dealers) and is backed up by Toyota (just administered by a 3rd party). Unfortunately it seems many dealers are not aware of this and Lexus don't advertise it.

As Colin said, a number of us on here including myself have this in place (currently on my second year). 

• Like 3

I'm pleased to hear it's still available. My RX turns 10 next year so it will be ideal for me as I want to keep it for a few more years yet - changing to a 4th gen RX isn't a particularly appealing prospect at present due to the theft/insurance issues, and I'm more than happy with what I have now.

• Like 1

I did call LEXUS Hedge End ( Snows )  yesterday where I originally purchased my RX from in 2017, dealt with Connor in Service, very knowledgeable and completed over the phone at a cost of £546 per year , I took up the option of interest free monthly direct debit.

Connor could have been a member of the LOC such was his knowledge and history of  Extended Warranties he did say he had only completed 2 applications over the past year of the Lexus 10 year plus Extended Warranty, he even phoned the underwriters whilst on the phone to me to check that the UK & European Breakdown cover was as he thought. He will post the Warranty details to me.

I did clarify because of the distance to Southampton that I would not be able to service or use the warranty with Snows, this did not seem to matter with him, in fact the impression given was similar to my dealings with them at purchase that a customer is valued no matter what the spend , quite refreshing !

I will show my documents to Lexus Chalfont this may be useful to them, still a mystery why LEXUS UK are not communicating this proactively to centre's or maybe they don't want to for some reason.

Overall peace of mind.

Thanks to Colin, Phil, Bill, Brendan & Nigel for your helpful responses.

Frank

• Like 6

14 hours ago, brendangeorge said:

I am intrigued that Bill could get a Lexus warranty.  Just before my last extended warranty ran out I had £2000+ of work done - the front bushes and some air conditioning work.  That warranty was sold by Lexus but provided by a third party.  My local dealer is Coventry and were adamant in 2021 that there was no extended warranty available from Lexus.

Brendan, I've just checked my warranty paperwork and the details it gives are:

Warranty Provider: Toyota (GB) PLC

Makes Covered: Lexus Vehicles

Type of Warranty: Lexus Vehicles - 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty for approved used Lexus vehicles up to 15 years old, subject to 150,000 mileage limit.

The administrator of the warranty is TWG Services, who administer it on behalf of Toyota (GB) PLC.

If a dealer hasn't provided it before it's likely they've never heard of it, and will need to contact Lexus for details.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just to echo what Frank said. I just signed up with Connor at Hedge End for the 10 year plus extended warranty today, he was extremely helpful & efficient. It was great to talk to someone who didn’t think I was crazy.

I’m also waiting for a reply from Lexus UK on the subject of being passed from pillar to post trying to track down this product. I’ll be interested to see what they say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John-F said:

Just to echo what Frank said. I just signed up with Connor at Hedge End for the 10 year plus extended warranty today, he was extremely helpful & efficient. It was great to talk to someone who didn’t think I was crazy.

I’m also waiting for a reply from Lexus UK on the subject of being passed from pillar to post trying to track down this product. I’ll be interested to see what they say.

I suspect Lexus don't want to advertise it widely. There were people on the old Extended Warranty who would have been disadvantaged by the Relax Warranty launching (including me) had they not offered some sort of replacement for people who couldn't take advantage of Relax but did have the old Extended Warranty running. The T&Cs of the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty are almost identical to the old Extended Warranty other than it can be taken for a little longer so they certainly didn't put a lot of new thought into it (even includes the Lexus Roadside Assistance like the old one). They probably assume that as most people don't think of taking any warranty after Relax (10 years or 100k miles) nor want their cars serviced at a Lexus dealer (which is of course a condition of the warranty) that the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty will eventually quietly run it's course. In the meantime if you want peace of mind for a relatively small amount of money the cover can't be beaten for the price. 

• Like 2

I also had the old extended warranty a few years ago, however  due to luck more than judgement, didn’t get bitten by the change.

I had a headlight leveler & both headlights replaced under that warranty so I’m a bit of a convert!

Considering they include AA cover with European breakdown I think it’s a great deal. 

• Like 2

I would just echo the comments on Lexus Hedge End.My car is still well within the Relax warranty,but on phoning around surrounding dealers for a recent service, Hedge End were head and shoulders above the others when it came to phone manner, knowledge and professionalism.Credit where it is due.

• Like 1

I will see if I can obtain this warranty with Lexus Cov when they MoT and service my car in November.  My Motoreasy warranty only costs £350 and covers what I need - however, a Lexus product would be better.  I received good service in 2021 when the old one expired.

A good discussion as usual guys.  We need to remember the dealers are not Lexus they are franchises and are only as good as their staff.

Regards

Bren

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, brendangeorge said:

I will see if I can obtain this warranty with Lexus Cov when they MoT and service my car in November.  My Motoreasy warranty only costs £350 and covers what I need - however, a Lexus product would be better.  I received good service in 2021 when the old one expired.

A good discussion as usual guys.  We need to remember the dealers are not Lexus they are franchises and are only as good as their staff.

Regards

Bren

The Lexus 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty does include Lexus Roadside Assistance, which is I think £155 standalone - of course if you don't need LRA (or it covers more than you want) you may be paying for this needlessly - as far as I know LRA can't be excluded (but I wanted LRA anyway so haven't enquired further). 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

The Lexus 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty does include Lexus Roadside Assistance, which is I think £155 stand-alone - of course if you don't need LRA (or it covers more than you want) you may be paying for this needlessly - as far as I know LRA can't be excluded (but I wanted LRA anyway so haven't enquired further). 

That's exactly what I was thinking Phil - my bank gives me free AA - well provides it because nothing is free from a bank.  I will look at Motoreasy's  satisfaction rating before I decide on the Lexus backed offering in a couple of month's

• Like 1

Just a note to thank everyone on this thread for the informative and helpful (as ever) content.

Our car outlives the Relax warranty later this year, and I too shall now have discussions with our Lexus chaps to arrange a Ten Year Plus Warranty.

Thanks for all the information - this may well have made my next conversation a deal easier and quicker.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, chatmandu said:

Is this warranty available even if you're not the original owner? If so, it would be a major selling point for cars with a full dealership service history.

Yes should be as long as the service history is up to date, not necessarily continuous but undertaken in the last 12-months / 10,000 miles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chatmandu said:

Is this warranty available even if you're not the original owner? If so, it would be a major selling point for cars with a full dealership service history.

Yes, I took mine out on an 11 year old car as a second owner. Doesn't even need a full dealership service history, but they may sometimes require an approval inspection prior to agreeing the warranty.  Obviously subsequent dealer servicing is required as a condition.

• Like 1

I was thinking about the Relax warranty, which people keep referring to as a 10 year warranty. It's a great thing and one of the reasons I'm shopping for an RX450h but it is not a 10 year warranty. It's a 1 year warranty that Lexus provides after each annual service up to 10 years old. There is no 10 year contract that I'm aware of. The subtle difference is that if Lexus withdraws the offer, the warranty will end at the end of that 12 months (assuming the 3 year warranty has expired.). It's a bit of a cynical thought about something that probably helps to sell a lot of cars, but I hope they keep it going.

On 8/23/2023 at 12:32 PM, brendangeorge said:

I will see if I can obtain this warranty with Lexus Cov when they MoT and service my car in November.  My Motoreasy warranty only costs £350 and covers what I need

Has anyone done an analysis of cost/benefit between the Lexus 10 year warranty and the Motoreasy option?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links