Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Lexus Link + app released 18th Aug

16 minutes ago, AWC said:

Well, another update to the iOS app today and I can't see any improvements! ☹️

It gave me back trip information! I'm only missing about 3 features now that I used to have in the old app!

Paul

13 minutes ago, PDM said:

It gave me back trip information! I'm only missing about 3 features now that I used to have in the old app!

Paul

I've always had trip information but for me it constantly reports all the doors are unlocked despite them not being and this was something that worked fine initially. I can't believe how flakey the whole thing is with totally different problems between model are year of cars.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AWC said:

I've always had trip information but for me it constantly reports all the doors are unlocked despite them not being and this was something that worked fine initially. I can't believe how flakey the whole thing is with totally different problems between model are year of cars.

Yeah - I think the recent update fixes some things for MM19 systems but not MM21.

It's an astonishing failure of software development, quality control and release management.  It would make a good case study.

Paul

• Like 2

My old volvo app was pretty much flawless from day 1 in 2017. Admittedly is had 2 years of dev time by then but this was 6 years ago on a platform nearly 8 years old now.  used to get an alert saying doors were unlocked when they actually were and outside temperature so you could decide if it needed heating up in the morning.

As so many people are experiencing the same bugs it is surprising that this doesn’t seem to have been tested further before releasing.  It seems like Lexus are developing this on a live environment and this is still very much a beta app.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Richolf said:

this is still very much a beta app

I think strictly speaking they are doing pre alpha level testing (these bugs are found within seconds of starting the app and any developer should see them immediately) but in a beta test (live user) environment. Crazy.

Paul

• Like 2

On 11/28/2023 at 5:30 PM, AWC said:

Same experience here with reported doors unlocked. I could never trust this feature of the app until this gets fixed. Locking and unlocking doors from the app is more miss than hit! That's shabby for such a vital function. 

• Like 3

On 11/28/2023 at 5:30 PM, AWC said:

My app has never been quite right from day one, but I wouldn't say I use it enough to cause enough annoyance. 

To start off with, it would say random doors were left unlocked when they weren't. That seems to have 'settled down' by itself now. Pressing the 'lock' button on the app and then refreshing it sometimes did the trick. 

My biggest issue with it is the reliability of the remote start/pre-heat. Sometimes it'll connect just fine and work as it should. Other times it says 'connecting' for a long time and then times out. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. One preventative measure I do is make sure the app is refreshed before I try and my phone is up to date in terms of updates. Even then, the problem still persists to a degree. 🤷‍♂️ I had a really unusual one only this morning where it worked fine, the app claims it was 'interrupted' and shown it had stopped...but the car was still running/pre-heating. 😕

I'd say about the only thing which works reliably on it is showing the milage and fuel level. 

• Like 2

Has anyone found a way to get a reasonable charge time without going to the car?

Car tells me 5 hrs. App tells me 45days.

It seemed to have been updated last night as the charge time was in thousands of hours.

IMG_6616.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, BillSt said:

Has anyone found a way to get a reasonable charge time without going to the car?

Car tells me 5 hrs. App tells me 45days.

It seemed to have been updated last night as the charge time was in thousands of hours.

IMG_6616.jpeg

What I can say is that with my wall box it takes about 2.5 hours from 0 miles EV to 100%. If you're using the "granny" cable from a 13A plug you should expect about 5 hours.

• Like 2

I'm still getting the "unable to sync profile" message every time I start the vehicle albeit about 10 mins after the Ready message. I have my profile linked to my key and my Phone and have tried both links separately without success.

Anyone have any more ideas how to get rid of it as it really is a pain?

This is what solved mine from Lexus customer services

Remove vehicle from the Lexus Link+ App account, via the app’s “My Garage” page.

Sign out of the mobile app.

On the App’s log in page – Choose option to reset your password.

Note: Your must enter your Email/Telephone number, before you get the ‘reset password’ option.

Note: Please change your password to something different from the previous password.

Turn on the car, and log into your Lexus Link account via the Multimedia system by using QR code when prompted.

Scan the QR code shown on the MM system into the LexusLink+ App (My Garage, Add Vehicle, Use QR code).

Once you are logged in to the Multimedia System in the car, please access and enable “Link profile to Key” – an option found under:

Settings (from the Multimedia home screen)

User account (Click into your name on the top left)

Personal Info

Enable ‘Link key’ (as per screenshot below) 

This should be a successful prevention of the profile log-out issue. “Link Key” means the MM systems seeks your profile details from recognition of the Key, rather than your mobile phone. The key is a more stable solution for profile recognition.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Richolf said:

Remove vehicle from the Lexus Link+ App account, via the app’s “My Garage” page.

Note: Your must enter your Email/Telephone number, before you get the ‘reset password’ option.

Note: Please change your password to something different from the previous password.

Turn on the car, and log into your Lexus Link account via the Multimedia system by using QR code when prompted.

Scan the QR code shown on the MM system into the LexusLink+ App (My Garage, Add Vehicle, Use QR code).

Once you are logged in to the Multimedia System in the car, please access and enable “Link profile to Key” – an option found under:

Personal Info

This should be a successful prevention of the profile log-out issue. “Link Key” means the MM systems seeks your profile details from recognition of the Key, rather than your mobile phone. The key is a more stable solution for profile recognition.

Thanks I'll give that a go

7 hours ago, Richolf said:

Personal Info

Went through all this a couple of months ago and it seemed to cure the problem - till yesterday when the issue started again.  Last time I had a problem entering my (valid) password so ended up starting from scratch again - took a couple of goes. 
Did not have chance to do anything yesterday as the message only comes up when driving and I just cancelled every 10 minutes.

will try the password reset first, and see if I can avoid this process

10 hours ago, Hayzee said:

What I can say is that with my wall box it takes about 2.5 hours from 0 miles EV to 100%. If you're using the "granny" cable from a 13A plug you should expect about 5 hours.

I am using the granny plug in a 15A socket (EU), spare from water heater now replaced with solar thermal.

It takes 7.5 hours to fully charge from 0 miles EV with the car set on low. The actual current is measuring at 2.3kw. I have not tried the high charge rate yet as I am running through a 15m extension cable. No warming of cable or connectors even at 30C outside. Seems no point in getting a wall box as I intend using solar voltaic with Battery to charge overnight.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does the new Lexus Link+ app provide hybrid coaching and some of the other published features (e.g. fuel consumption, door lock / unlock) for a 2022 RX Premium Sport Edition (i.e. 4th generation RX, just before the new 2023 model). I notice the send to car feature has gone, for sending a destination to the navigation system.  Thanks. 

It seems that a new updated version may be out today (13/12/23). I had to delete both Android and iOS apps and also reset Lexus login password then reload apps. They did recover data. Yet to see if the charge time bug has been fixed.

44 minutes ago, BillSt said:

It seems that a new updated version may be out today (13/12/23). I had to delete both Android and iOS apps and also reset Lexus login password then reload apps. They did recover data. Yet to see if the charge time bug has been fixed.

May I ask what Android version of the Lexus Link+ app you're running now?

6 hours ago, HGUS said:

Thank you Bill.  That would appear to be the same version I have had for a few weeks.

It may be that Lexus are changing their end of the software/data and that requires a new download and reconnect of the apps. Possibly even the car is changed. Both iOS and Android versions stopped working, would not accept passwords, until I contacted Lexus U.K. and then deleted both apps and reinstalled with a password change of my Lexus account.

8 hours ago, BillSt said:

It may be that Lexus are changing their end of the software/data and that requires a new download and reconnect of the apps. Possibly even the car is changed. Both iOS and Android versions stopped working, would not accept passwords, until I contacted Lexus U.K. and then deleted both apps and reinstalled with a password change of my Lexus account.

'Only the crumbliest, flakiest app, behaves like apps never behaved before' springs to mind. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I've had an issue with Lexus Link today. Started the car as normal but the screen requested I choose a language. Duly followed the instruction then asked if I wished to link to the app? Gives a QR code but then the screen just hangs. If you reject the link the screen behaves as normal until you stop and start the car again and the whole exercise needs to start again. Strangely the car didn't charge as scheduled last night and some of the vehicle customisation settings for locking and HUD have been altered. Car continues to communicate with the app as before. Have tried deleting and reinstalling Lexus Link + but to no avail. Any suggestions???

• 2 weeks later...

After numerous weeks of the Lexus Link+ app reporting that all the doors were closed but unlocked, today it's started to work properly! What's changed, there hasn't been an app update?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links