Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Said goodbye to my RCF today

So some of you probably saw my RCF up for sale recently, well I drove it to Lexus Reading this morning and handed over the keys.

I've replaced it with something lightweight and mid-engined. A very different car, but I was just hooked from the moment I first drove one...

Alpine A110 GT

image.thumb.jpeg.557db32bbdcaafa479459a694d3c2e56.jpeg

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Rob RCF said:

So some of you probably saw my RCF up for sale recently, well I drove it to Lexus Reading this morning and handed over the keys.

I've replaced it with something lightweight and mid-engined. A very different car, but I was just hooked from the moment I first drove one...

Alpine A110 GT

Very nice, enjoy.

1 hour ago, Rob RCF said:

Alpine A110 GT

Always liked your RCF, the white does look good!  Hope it’s everything you are after.  Did look at them when getting my car but wanted the V8 and think I would miss it….

11 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Always liked your RCF, the white does look good!  Hope it’s everything you are after.  Did look at them when getting my car but wanted the V8 and think I would miss it….

Ha, yeah I like the white too. I almost chose white for the A110, but I've had quite a few white cars so I thought I'd go for a change this time.

Don't get me wrong I will definitely miss the V8. I'm glad I got to experience it and the RC(F) is a really nice car overall. I won't miss the fuel bills and the road tax though! V8 aside, the The A110 GT does manage to make a decent noise, they've used a sound tube so you get a nice induction growl inside the car.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DamianLEX said:

Hi, can I ask how much they gave you for it? Considering how much you listed it for it would be interesting to know...

If it's anything to go by, I've recently been on the hunt for a Yaris GR and this is what owners wishishing to sell their cars have told me. Toyota dealers insulted him with their offer and WBAC were actually rather good with their value.

Sorry OP I just had to get that off my chest.

On 9/1/2023 at 9:30 PM, Rob RCF said:

Alpine A110 GT

Very nice I've tried one along with a GR Yaris and decided on the Yaris. I've owned an Alpine in the past a very nice A610 they really are nice cars.

14 hours ago, DamianLEX said:

Hi, can I ask how much they gave you for it? Considering how much you listed it for it would be interesting to know...

Not as much as I wanted! But I could see the car hanging around for weeks or months if I tried to sell privately. PM me if you like, I'll give you more detail.

1 hour ago, B1RMA said:

Very nice I've tried one along with a GR Yaris and decided on the Yaris. I've owned an Alpine in the past a very nice A610 they really are nice cars.

Which A110 did you try out of interest? The base model didn't really do it for me and neither did the S, it was the GT that wowed me with the increased torque and power combined with the soft suspension.

GR Yaris seems like a really great choice as well, did you pull the trigger on one then?

2 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

Which A110 did you try out of interest? The base model didn't really do it for me and neither did the S, it was the GT that wowed me with the increased torque and power combined with the soft suspension.

GR Yaris seems like a really great choice as well, did you pull the trigger on one then?

I drove the Premier Edition car, the first lot that came into the country it was superb and just alive.

I have today placed a deposit on a metallic red Yaris GR, wow ,what a car. If I turn right out of the road where I live there are miles and miles of B road GR Yaris heaven.

Still plan on keeping the RCF.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

A couple more pictures:

image.thumb.jpeg.36278b4e1c88ae8c715e034f3169bb82.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.aff3e6126335745112b472f6c0d99516.jpeg

Cracking bit of kit.  Hope you keep enjoying it!

My brother had one of the first in the UK, shipped it straight to Lichfield for a re-map, was an incredible light and nimble car, with amazing performance from just 1.8L.  A proper thing.

We've had a GR Yaris, with the circuit pack, in the household for the last couple of years. Again a phenomenal car. Sounds a bit lame with the 3 pot, but goes very well indeed (and stop just as well too!! brakes are huge).  Road holding and handling are sponsored by Eco-stick - it is incredible.  Only complaint is how high you sit, as a passenger, and as a larger chap, the seat has to be reclined more than I'd like to get my head in, not as bad on the drivers side as there is a little height adjustment, but not ideal.  But this doesn't take away from the fact that point to point it'll be difficult to put any gap between this and more expensive and exotic machines.  Super super car.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Killysprint said:

My brother had one of the first in the UK, shipped it straight to Lichfield for a re-map, was an incredible light and nimble car, with amazing performance from just 1.8L.  A proper thing.

Thanks Tim. I am enjoying it very much. It's a special car and I can't get over how much fun it is to drive around in. I haven't even gone full throttle yet (still running-in).

6 hours ago, Killysprint said:

We've had a GR Yaris, with the circuit pack, in the household for the last couple of years. Again a phenomenal car. Sounds a bit lame with the 3 pot, but goes very well indeed (and stop just as well too!! brakes are huge).  Road holding and handling are sponsored by Eco-stick - it is incredible.  Only complaint is how high you sit, as a passenger, and as a larger chap, the seat has to be reclined more than I'd like to get my head in, not as bad on the drivers side as there is a little height adjustment, but not ideal.  But this doesn't take away from the fact that point to point it'll be difficult to put any gap between this and more expensive and exotic machines.  Super super car.

I've just bought a GR in flame red, as you say sublime, hand made at the LFA part of the factory.

• Like 2

On 9/1/2023 at 9:30 PM, Rob RCF said:

Alpine A110 GT

I hope you enjoy it, I drove one on track and was quite underwhelmed, I think if they did a manual option it would be better, and it lacks the charisma and charm of a V8, but if it floats your boat, enjoy, it is certainly a handsome looking thing...

On 9/4/2023 at 1:22 PM, BillNick said:

Sad to see you go buddy, but enjoy the new toy!

@hockeyedwards what are you driving these days? PS I managed to import a set of GSF wheels from Yahoo Japan - cant wait 😄

Yahoo Japan is a pretty amazing place, looking forward to seeing the wheels on the car, seen a few on the US F forums, do look good.

I was slumming it about in my wifes NX for a bit 😛 whilst I waited for my LS to get some paint and lip kit applied, now road worthy and MOTd but got a few niggles to sort and waiting for final exhaust parts to come in to finish her off, then I'll be wafting about in that 😉 although do have my eye on another V8 😜

• Like 1

4 hours ago, B1RMA said:

I've just bought a GR in flame red, as you say sublime, hand made at the LFA part of the factory.

Couldn't stop yourself could ya? 😉 Hope you enjoy it, as many others do 🙂

Nearly purchased one as a 'run around' as the wife thought it was pretty and missed her nippy little Audi, but was a bit much £££ for the purpose we'd use it for!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grey One said:

I hope you enjoy it, I drove one on track and was quite underwhelmed, I think if they did a manual option it would be better, and it lacks the charisma and charm of a V8, but if it floats your boat, enjoy, it is certainly a handsome looking thing...

Which one did you drive on track? The base model was underwhelming to me (on the road at least).

Thanks though, I am really enjoying my GT.

• Like 1

Enjoy the car, Rob. Considering the migration to the Alpine myself. Aways liked the thought of a small sports car, its a pity the Emera is much bigger. Also being a Lotus fanboy, recently visited Hethel and it did not feel like the car for me. Even the Exige has grown in size, I think its only the Elise that is a competitor to the A110, size and perfomance wise, but very different cars to drive. When we had a chat, I remembered your comments on the A110 GT, being a balance between performance and ride. With the extra power, that seems the sweet-spot.

But, its competitor is the original A110. When I moved to London I shared a flat with a French guy. His friend had the original A110 and wow, what a car / go-cart! I see there are a few for sale presently!

2 hours ago, HallifordMan said:

Enjoy the car, Rob. Considering the migration to the Alpine myself. Aways liked the thought of a small sports car, its a pity the Emera is much bigger. Also being a Lotus fanboy, recently visited Hethel and it did not feel like the car for me. Even the Exige has grown in size, I think its only the Elise that is a competitor to the A110, size and perfomance wise, but very different cars to drive. When we had a chat, I remembered your comments on the A110 GT, being a balance between performance and ride. With the extra power, that seems the sweet-spot.

But, its competitor is the original A110. When I moved to London I shared a flat with a French guy. His friend had the original A110 and wow, what a car / go-cart! I see there are a few for sale presently!

You mean one of these? It happened to park next to me at a classic car meet yesterday evening.

image.thumb.jpeg.e38e010afdb4f0929d82944e8edc68ab.jpeg

Tiny narrow thing, no wonder it was so dominant in rally.

If you're interested in an A110, my advice would be to try all the different versions you can. Although I loved the GT, some people swear by the "Pure" (base car), some people prefer the S, etc.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links