Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aircon always off on start up

Hi, whenever I start my 350h, the light on the aircon button is always off, but which I believe signals that the aircon is off. I this happens even if the car was switched off with the light/aircon on. Is my understanding of the light correct and how do I get the aircon to be always on? Car is in 'normal' mode, I not eco if that makes a difference. Ta

45 minutes ago, Alistair M said:

Hi, whenever I start my 350h, the light on the aircon button is always off, but which I believe signals that the aircon is off. I this happens even if the car was switched off with the light/aircon on. Is my understanding of the light correct and how do I get the aircon to be always on? Car is in 'normal' mode, I not eco if that makes a difference. Ta

I dont think you can. I have mine set on eco . It will be a fuel saving idea and its no issue just switching it on when needed for me.

1 minute ago, Gaazzared said:

Would setting the climate control to auto not have the A/C on. It does in my Honda. 

This^^^^^^^^^^^^

Climate Control does everything for you automatically to keep the cabin at the set temperature, which includes turning the AC on/off. Just set the temp you want and let the system do its job.

• Like 1

Climate is (always) and dry to auto. The 'aircon' function isn't coming on at all - these last few days have confirmed. I I've had climate control on cars for years and the aircon function has/has to be on. Looks like I'll have to have a play with the settings... 

5 hours ago, Alistair M said:

Alistair do you mean the light on the Auto button ?

16 hours ago, Herbie said:

This^^^^^^^^^^^^

Climate Control does everything for you automatically to keep the cabin at the set temperature, which includes turning the AC on/off. Just set the temp you want and let the system do its job.

I agree but I can't stop passengers from fiddling. They seem to think that turning fully to Hi or Lo will make the system reach a comfortable temperature more quickly.

7 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

I agree but I can't stop passengers from fiddling. They seem to think that turning fully to Hi or Lo will make the system reach a comfortable temperature more quickly.

That was the same for the females that worked in the office of the company I worked at ... all the radiators were fitted with thermostatic valves set at a comfortable temperature... but they always turned either full upper or off .. couldn't understand that the thermostatic valve turned the radiators off when up to temperature or turned them on if the room temperature dropped. When you came in on a morning you always had to reset the valves again to correct setting.

When I first got the car I was a little perplexed that A/C seemed to be "off" but the system seems to get the heating or cooling right - for example driving around in 30˚ ambient today lots of nice cold air coming out (at slight expense of EV range of course) but the A/C still appeared to be "off" on the display ...

On 9/7/2023 at 6:47 PM, flookyk said:

That was the same for the females that worked in the office of the company I worked at ... all the radiators were fitted with thermostatic valves set at a comfortable temperature... but they always turned either full upper or off .. couldn't understand that the thermostatic valve turned the radiators off when up to temperature or turned them on if the room temperature dropped. When you came in on a morning you always had to reset the valves again to correct setting.

Oh, common problem. Drives me mad that people don't understand thermostats. I often get my car back from servicing with the A/C set to "LO" - ie the lowest setting... (16c?) - my question would always be do you want the temperature to be 16 degrees? If not, why set it to be that!?!?!? Aaaaaggghhhh.

31 minutes ago, Steve Oliver said:

Oh, common problem. Drives me mad that people don't understand thermostats. I often get my car back from servicing with the A/C set to "LO" - ie the lowest setting... (16c?) - my question would always be do you want the temperature to be 16 degrees? If not, why set it to be that!?!?!? Aaaaaggghhhh.

its usually set to LO so they can test the temperature of the air and tell you it needs a regas. 

And of course, charge you healthily for it

• Like 2

On 9/7/2023 at 7:31 PM, The_Doctor said:

When I first got the car I was a little perplexed that A/C seemed to be "off" but the system seems to get the heating or cooling right - for example driving around in 30˚ ambient today lots of nice cold air coming out (at slight expense of EV range of course) but the A/C still appeared to be "off" on the display ...

Yes you're absolutely right, even with the A/C off I'm still getting cool to chilled air 👍

On 9/7/2023 at 6:47 PM, flookyk said:

We used to have the same issue in our offices.
LIFE HACK:- I bought a wireless thermostat and stuck on the wall. The office girls merrily changed the temperature up and down as their chills and hot flushes required.
While, leaving the centrally controlled AC to do its best in providing a comfortable environment for all. 

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links