Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Harsh ride on Lexus NX 350h 2023

Hi. I just bought NX350h. I noticed very harsh ride on some B roads over some cracks. I have Yokohoma Bluearth XT tires as OM tires. The vibrations stress the cabin very hard when going over some repeated cracks on the road. Its like your driving in some box. Plastics start buzzing, vibrating. Did not expect this from Lexus. I think suspension is not smooth on the car or just tires are problem? What are your experiences? I had Audi Q5 2008 and Volvo XC60 T8 2019 before and never noticed this so much as now on the Lexus. 

Does new Audi A6 or BMW X3 deal with this kind of road imperfections better and not transferring vibrations into cabin so much?

2 hours ago, bomberman said:

Hi. I just bought NX350h. I noticed very harsh ride on some B roads over some cracks. I have Yokohoma Bluearth XT tires as OM tires. The vibrations stress the cabin very hard when going over some repeated cracks on the road. Its like your driving in some box. Plastics start buzzing, vibrating. Did not expect this from Lexus. I think suspension is not smooth on the car or just tires are problem? What are your experiences? I had Audi Q5 2008 and Volvo XC60 T8 2019 before and never noticed this so much as now on the Lexus. 

Does new Audi A6 or BMW X3 deal with this kind of road imperfections better and not transferring vibrations into cabin so much?

My cars fitted with Bridgestone run flats and it's a good ride, I thought all NX's were fitted with Bridgestone 

3 hours ago, bomberman said:

I have the  Yokohoma Bluearth XT and i don't get that sort of vibration. Sorry if this is obvious but have you set it on SPORT? This option stiffens the suspension a little I think.

3 hours ago, BonzoSPB said:

I have the Yokohoma Bluearth XT and don't feel any vibrations.

Probably you dont have that bad roads with many cracks. And car just dont ride well over these cracks at local B roads at the speed more then 60-70 km/h. Does not absorb them but transfer to cabin. Some bumps not a problem, but cracked road it is. 18 inch tires.

Based on my admittedly limited experience of the NX350h, I was surprised by your criticism of the ride.  On the two occasions I have driven the car, once for the best part of a day on a variety of surfaces ranging from good to barely acceptable, I found the suspensions exceptionally good by comparison with my own RC300h, which are themselves excellent, and, more significantly, by comparison with those of the previous generation NX300h, which I have had as a courtesy car several times and invariably found very poorly sprung and noisy on rough roads.  If I were you I would ask a Lexus dealer, hopefully one you trust to be objective, to take the car for a drive and see if his opinion coincides with yours.

42 minutes ago, Rabbers said:

Based on my admittedly limited experience of the NX350h, I was surprised by your criticism of the ride.  On the two occasions I have driven the car, once for the best part of a day on a variety of surfaces ranging from good to barely acceptable, I found the suspensions exceptionally good by comparison with my own RC300h, which are themselves excellent, and, more significantly, by comparison with those of the previous generation NX300h, which I have had as a courtesy car several times and invariably found very poorly sprung and noisy on rough roads.  If I were you I would ask a Lexus dealer, hopefully one you trust to be objective, to take the car for a drive and see if his opinion coincides with yours.

Ok. Thanks for you feedback.

8 hours ago, S Dhuper said:

My cars fitted with Bridgestone run flats and it's a good ride, I thought all NX's were fitted with Bridgestone 

Just the run flats are Bridgestones and our dealer told us that the ride is actually harsher on the run flats 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

36 minutes ago, Deb said:

Just the run flats are Bridgestones and our dealer told us that the ride is actually harsher on the run flats 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

I have to disagree, my Takumi on 20 inch rim, the ride is good any uneven manhole covers the car just glides over it 

• Like 1

I can't say I've noticed any harshness on the ride of mine... 🤔 There's a few rough ruts in the roads not too far from me which can be difficult to avoid which I know it 'thumps' over (where you know an extra inch or two of rubber on the sidewall would help) but it's acceptable. Overall, it gives a smoother ride than my old UX - and that was a comfortable place to be given the size of the car.

I find the NX generally 'glides' over most surfaces of the roads I've used it on so far. It's been very good indeed. I've yet to take it on any trip more than about 50 miles in one-go, but you can tell it's the sort of car which should waft across, up and down the country with ease. With any luck, it's first distance run (of about 240 miles - one way return trip the following day) will be taking place in just under three weeks. 

Just for the record, my Takumi also has the Bridgestones. 

@bomberman - I owned a 2016 66 plate Audi Q5 S-Line (one of the very last of the original models - so the same basic shape as the one you had) from new until 2020. It was the 'Black Edition', so had the bigger 21" alloys. Still arguably the best car I've ever owned. I absolutely adored that thing. That was surprisingly comfortable given the size of the alloys but did notably 'thump' over more bumps than the NX does. Both have a near-identical 'gliding/wafting' feeling about them which I do really like. I'm only twelve days into owning the NX at the moment so of course it's still very early days, but I'm confident in saying, for me at least, the NX is a more comfortable car. 

I notice you mentioned yours has the Yokohoma tyres - whilst I have the Bridgestones. From my experience of tyres, Bridgestones are generally soft when it comes to compound - which might possibly explain at least some of the rough ride you're experiencing. 

• Like 1

Have you checked the tyre pressures - they are usually massively overinflated

It shouldnt be running anything more than 36psi to be honest. 

Also check for transport pucks left in place

• Like 1

450H+ FSport with 20" Bridgestones is pretty smooth even on bad roads (with cracks) and sports mode is fine as well. Had a lift in a 3 series BMW recently which was terrible in comparison  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, S Dhuper said:

I have to disagree, my Takumi on 20 inch rim, the ride is good any uneven manhole covers the car just glides over it 

Mine are 18" Bridgestone but not run flats and the ride is very good.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bomberman said:

As I also saw other buyers complain about it. Maybe it also depends what was your former car and its kind a personal thing.

My previous car was an 80 grand BMW X6 with 22 inch run flats and air suspension and i have to say there is less shock through the car body over potholes on the Lexus than the BMW.

• Like 2

One more person suggesting you make sure the transit blocks have been removed from the suspension. Not sure on Lexus, but VAG they are plastic blocks inserted in the springs, thus limiting movement on the ships where the cars are packed in very closely. 

I think its not this inside as ride would be probably much harder. Today was first rainy day ride and was more quiet inside cabin for sure. I think these more weather realated noises which makes car more noisy over bumps. All plastics and other parts get hot and makes noises. 

I have a 2022 NX 350h Takumi on 20 inch Bridgestone run flats.

I think the run flats are noisier than standard tyres but I am happy to have them given the number of potholes.

One recent observation is that the car glides, and the suspension is a joy, when there are 4 adults in the car rather than just 2. It also glides when laden with luggage and just 2 passengers.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, hintonwood said:

I have a 2022 NX 350h Takumi on 20 inch Bridgestone run flats.

I think the run flats are noisier than standard tyres but I am happy to have them given the number of potholes.

One recent observation is that the car glides, and the suspension is a joy, when there are 4 adults in the car rather than just 2. It also glides when laden with luggage and just 2 passengers.

Yes, your right. I noticed this also. Better ride when car is full. Also better ride when weather is rainy or at least not hot. 🙂

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links