Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance renewal - pleasant surprise

42 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

No not tried them yet - I assume they are a broker? 

Yes Phil, they are a Broker, but don't expect them to pull up trees for you simply because of that.

BTW ... are you on commission Malc?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

No not tried them yet - I assume they are a broker? 

Yes a Broker  and of many insurance  types and have successfully been in business for at least 30 years to my knowledge 👍

Malc 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sundance said:

Yes Phil, they are a Broker, but don't expect them to pull up trees for you simply because of that.

BTW ... are you on commission Malc?

I just find them sooooo helpful on the phone ……. 👍

Malc 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Colleague of mine is with Aviva and says they are really Good insurance company to deal with...!!!!!

Ronnie ... wouldn't even quote me on my NX450.....max no claims....no accidents last 5 years....many other quotes from other insurers....same with direct line ☹️... difficult to fathom 

2 hours ago, Malc1 said:

I just find them sooooo helpful on the phone ……. 👍

Malc 

I know Malc, isn't it comforting to talk to a real human being, I wholeheartedly agree, I had a nice chat with them too. Chris Knott Insurance have positioned themselves over 30+ years as traditional brokers for which I give them huge credit, mainly that they still exist in the current market, but sadly it doesn't make them competitive in an age when money talks far more than it ever did. 😐

7 minutes ago, Hayzee said:

Ronnie ... wouldn't even quote me on my NX450.....max no claims....no accidents last 5 years....many other quotes from other insurers....same with direct line ☹️... difficult to fathom 

I drive the same car, 20 yrs no claims(protected), no accidents, 12000 miles SD&P, enhanced grade replacement vehicle, £0 voluntary excess and all for £348. Fully expect that this will rise significantly at renewal.

11 hours ago, Hayzee said:

That Is Really Strange Colin.. You Would wonder why they don,t quote a customer who Has a Good Track Record..Just goes to show how fickle and weird some insurance companies can be....What scientific thought has Gone in to This Decision...!!!

10 hours ago, Ken R said:

I drive the same car, 20 yrs no claims(protected), no accidents, 12000 miles SD&P, enhanced grade replacement vehicle, £0 voluntary excess and all for £348. Fully expect that this will rise significantly at renewal.

Just wondering Ken.. Has it More to do with The Car Location In The UK Can,t think of anything else in the Equasion That could influence the Quote...!!!!! Who Knows ..They all have Different Algorithims when they Calculate Risk and indeed what they can Get Away with in my Opinion..!!!!

• Like 2

Yes Ronnie that plays a big part along with where the vehicle is kept overnight. I believe insurers prefer a private driveway rather than a locked garage! Work that one out!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken R said:

Yes Ronnie that plays a big part along with where the vehicle is kept overnight. I believe insurers prefer a private driveway rather than a locked garage! Work that one out!!!

I was advised keeping the car kerbside really did keep the premium down ……. garage and driveway a no-no  🤔

Not sure I believe anything the brokers, insurers tell me tbh 

Malc 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Malc1 said:

I was advised keeping the car kerbside really did keep the premium down ……. garage and driveway a no-no  🤔

Not sure I believe anything the brokers, insurers tell me tbh 

Malc 

On the road is apparently is the lowest premium as the low life don't know what house to steal the keys from... Driveway second as many people damage their cars going in and out of their garages. Doesn't seem to account for potential damage from passing cars though! Driveway second as many people damage their cars going in and out of their garages. My parents have done that a few times... 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cat three said:

wow when i changed from my lexus is200 to nx300h my insurance increased by £450!!methinks i have wrong insurance company

You Definately Have the wrong insurance company..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just had my renewal quote from my insurer (Lexus Motor Insurance) and it has risen from £303 last year to £431. Not too bad I guess - all things considered. Especially so when you bear in mind that the comparison sites (and the usual suspects that don't appear on these sites) were all returning quotes over £1,000. In light of that, I have renewed with them.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Andy B said:

Just had my renewal quote from my insurer (Lexus Motor Insurance) and it has risen from £303 last year to £431. Not too bad I guess - all things considered. Especially so when you bear in mind that the comparison sites (and the usual suspects that don't appear on these sites) were all returning quotes over £1,000. In light of that, I have renewed with them.

I've just used Lexus Insurance for a quote and it's gone from £404, what I currently play with another provider, to £1550!  This doesn't even include the add-ons that would match my current policy.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, BonzoSPB said:

I've just used Lexus Insurance for a quote and it's gone from £404, what I currently play with another provider, to £1550!  This doesn't even include the add-ons that would match my current policy.

At least they managed to quote on your Lexus! It seems from these forums they will not even quote anymore on RX450h.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BonzoSPB said:

Is it that the plugin 450h+ is a lot more to insure than the 350 regular hybrid?

Issues with EV repair costs sloshing over into plugin hybrid?

Paul

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PDM said:

At least they managed to quote on your Lexus! It seems from these forums they will not even quote anymore on RX450h.

There should be a law that prevents a manufacturer from selling models that their own insurance won't cover. There are Range Rover owners who are selling their nearly new vehicles with huge losses in value because they can't get affordable insurance. Here's hoping that certain Lexus models don't go the same way.

• Like 2

I used Chris Knott for a number of years to insure my modified Volvo S60 (Polestar) and later my Audi A4. They were always very pleasant and helpful. I would say their prices were probably keener a decade ago, but, in recent years still competitive - but it all depends on circumstances.

When my partner decided to get a license and learn to drive, they were open and honest they couldn’t really provide competitive quotes until someone had their license for 3+ years. 

When circumstances allow again, I’ll definitely be giving them a call to see how their quote compares with others. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links