Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2nd Key Fob

5 minutes ago, DouglasGB said:

Letter today from Lexus saying I can now order my second key fob. just ring a dealer of my choice.

Called the dealer I purchased from and booked in for next Thursday.

Car purchase date 8th June 2023.

So almost 6 months

Thanks - I will pencil in my second fob for 6 months ish.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Scotlex said:

Thanks - I will pencil in my second fob for 6 months ish.

Great news… I got my 450h on 1st June 23 so hope my letter arrives soon

• Like 1

So I have had a letter from Lexus to tell me to contact my dealer to get my second key, which "will take approximately 10 minutes to complete and is of course, free of charge". Why they put that bit in bold who knows. Just a 6 months wait.

• Like 2

Me too??

Finally a letter to say I can call my dealer to arrange second key. I took delivery of my NX450h+ on 1 June 2023. 

So now I called my dealer, he has to order the key and will call me once he receives is to make an appointment for programming and collection. Free of charge - I mean, really? 

The ten minutes seems way quicker than some earlier posts on here but I will not complain if it really takes that long.

Has anyone had their key programmed to remotely open windows as well as door locks? I was told when I placed my order that this is possible. Just wondering. It's great for really hot days, if you can remember those!

• Like 1

I've had my letter today for the 2nd key following vehicle delivery in June '23. What wasn't mentioned was that for the Takumi spec cars (NX450h+) the specification I ordered included a 'card key', has anyone received one on those as part of this campaign? 

I've also not heard anything about the locking wheel bolts which weren't supplied with the car at delivery due to a shortage. Anyone had those either? Thank you

On 11/30/2023 at 6:35 PM, Max G said:

I've had my letter today for the 2nd key following vehicle delivery in June '23. What wasn't mentioned was that for the Takumi spec cars (NX450h+) the specification I ordered included a 'card key', has anyone received one on those as part of this campaign? 

I've also not heard anything about the locking wheel bolts which weren't supplied with the car at delivery due to a shortage. Anyone had those either? Thank you

I received my 450h+ Takumi in August. I queried the lack of card key when collecting the car and was told by Lexus UK that they had withdrawn it from the spec. as it could not carry the latest security chips. (I do not believe that but what can we do)

I have seen a US post that those not receiving a second method of using the car such as card key, would get priority with the second key fob - yet to see any sign of that in the U.K.

i did get the locking wheel nuts (edit bolts!) correction with the car (and the paper manual) - lucky there but did miss out on the upgraded sound system.

On the Harry Junior point about the summer programming of key lowering all windows and opening roof, I spend the winter in southern Spain so have used that. Well worth asking for it to be done. We use it even at this time of year if car has to be left out in the sun. Saves flattening the Battery with Climate, if the app do deign to work.

Edited by BillSt
Bolts for nuts
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BillSt said:

I received my 450h+ Takumi in August. I queried the lack of card key when collecting the car and was told by Lexus UK that they had withdrawn it from the spec. as it could not carry the latest security chips. (I do not believe that but what can we do)

I have seen a US post that those not receiving a second method of using the car such as card key, would get priority with the second key fob - yet to see any sign of that in the U.K.

i did get the locking wheel nuts with the car (and the paper manual) - lucky there but did miss out on the upgraded sound system.

On the Harry Junior point about the summer programming of key lowering all windows and opening roof, I spend the winter in southern Spain so have used that. Well worth asking for it to be done. We use it even at this time of year if car has to be left out in the sun. Saves flattening the battery with Climate, if the app do deign to work.

Picked up car on 1st June, still waiting for 2nd fob and wheel nuts.  Lexus CS that the dealership could order the paper manual for me.  they contacted the the dealership for me and I got a confirmation email that they would order the paper manual but that it may take a few weeks.  That was in September.  Still waiting …….

• Sad 3

55 minutes ago, HMT said:

Picked up car on 1st June, still waiting for 2nd fob and wheel nuts.  Lexus CS that the dealership could order the paper manual for me.  they contacted the the dealership for me and I got a confirmation email that they would order the paper manual but that it may take a few weeks.  That was in September.  Still waiting …….

Did you still get the card key in June? I did see someone report receiving one early August. 

16 hours ago, Max G said:

I was originally told that Lexus no longer supply locking wheel nuts but was later told that they will be supplied "later". 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, BillSt said:

Did you still get the card key in June? I did see someone report receiving one early August. 

Sorry but I got the Premium plus pack that did not come with the card key, but was told that all the MY24 versions have an upgraded security system and that they had not yet soerted this out for the key (only the fobs) and had taken the card key off all specs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, BillSt said:

i did get the locking wheel nuts with the car (and the paper manual) - lucky there but did miss out on the upgraded sound system.

On the Harry Junior point about the summer programming of key lowering all windows and opening roof, I spend the winter in southern Spain so have used that. Well worth asking for it to be done. We use it even at this time of year if car has to be left out in the sun. Saves flattening the battery with Climate, if the app do deign to work.

Thanks for your comment on the windows! I’ll request when they program to include that function. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 4:10 AM, BillSt said:

I got my 450h+ in June and towards the end of November I received the second fob key. Still outstanding are the wheel lock bolts (you mention nuts?). I am curious what sound system upgrade you are talking about as it was clear from the start that the Plug-in hybrid would not have the Mark Levinson option due to ......... increased weight. I am still digesting this, how several extra speakers (currently 10 vs ML - 19) can significantly increase the weight of a car that is almost two tonnes. The only niggling thing I have had so far is the loss of mobile service on more than one occasion over several days in a row. Otherwise I really enjoy the ride.

• Like 1

John, people often refer to wheel nuts as the majority of older cars had these fitted but our NX is fitted with wheel bolts. My information, from a contributor to a US forum, is that there wasn't space to fit a ML system (or some parts of it) in the 2022 models, nothing to do with weight.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, John Yossarian said:

I got my 450h+ in June and towards the end of November I received the second fob key. Still outstanding are the wheel lock bolts (you mention nuts?). I am curious what sound system upgrade you are talking about as it was clear from the start that the Plug-in hybrid would not have the Mark Levinson option due to ......... increased weight. I am still digesting this, how several extra speakers (currently 10 vs ML - 19) can significantly increase the weight of a car that is almost two tonnes. The only niggling thing I have had so far is the loss of mobile service on more than one occasion over several days in a row. Otherwise I really enjoy the ride.

The 450h+ (from MY24 I believe) is now available with the Mark Levinson sound system on the Takumi grade...

I believe it's to do with vehicle homologation testing - the manufacturer can only add/remove approx 30kg (from memory - it's some sort of rule like that) from the model they test, otherwise they need to test the different variant. Thus for low volume models, you probably have a mid-range trim tested and then you have a small range to work within for the bottom and top of the range options.

There's possibly a subwoofer, extra cabling, and extra speakers to think about - along with everything else the Takumi pack adds over and above whatever model was tested. So could quickly add up and tip the car over the weight limit they are working with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 11/30/2023 at 1:08 PM, Harry Junior said:

Has anyone had their key programmed to remotely open windows as well as door locks? I was told when I placed my order that this is possible. Just wondering. It's great for really hot days, if you can remember those!

I was told that the opening and closing all windows option is in the engineers menu that just needs to be enabled by the dealer. You would think it would be enabled by default. I have asked the dealer to do the same when mine goes in friday for the 2nd key.

Dealer told me it would be 40 minutes to code the key.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2023 at 6:08 PM, WhiteHart said:

So I have had a letter from Lexus to tell me to contact my dealer to get my second key, which "will take approximately 10 minutes to complete and is of course, free of charge". Why they put that bit in bold who knows. Just a 6 months wait.

Looking forward to my second key, meaning looking forward to my second key(free of charge) at the end of January. As they are book up and I can’t do two days in January at a time that suits someone who paid £60 grand + to them for a car with two keys. At least I a date for it. 😀

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, WhiteHart said:

Looking forward to my second key, meaning looking forward to my second key(free of charge) at the end of January. As they are book up and I can’t do two days in January at a time that suits someone who paid £60 grand + to them for a car with two keys. At least I a date for it. 😀

Yes, the free of charge bit is quite good. 🙄

Hopefully you get your second key soon 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Talked to my dealer again yesterday to remind him about my second key as he didn’t get back to me (surprised?). The key was arriving today (next day!) can you believe? First appointment not until 19th December and, when asked, it will take an hour and a half to two hours!! Who said 10 minutes?? And that’s before I request programming remote window open/close. I find this so hard to believe. But finally I will have two keys. No card key as ordered, no longer compatible with my build standard, and still no locking wheel nuts. 
lexus = luxury 

• Like 4

Well we got our 2nd key last Thursday as promised. Handed to me and told all sorted.

That's when the fun really began.

Unless you have a profile this key comes up as guest. Then you have to ensure that all the settings you had on your original key are also enabled for this key.

We have an added problem as the second key is for my wife, we only have one car, so we set a profile up for her and if we are both in the car it may choose the wrong key - such fun.

Then there is the warning that keeps coming up when you get in the car telling you that a new key has been registered and to contact your dealer if you didn't register a new key.  I called the dealer and they said it was a security feature and that the message will disappear in a week or so !

26 minutes ago, DouglasGB said:

Well we got our 2nd key last Thursday as promised. Handed to me and told all sorted.

That's when the fun really began.

Unless you have a profile this key comes up as guest. Then you have to ensure that all the settings you had on your original key are also enabled for this key.

We have an added problem as the second key is for my wife, we only have one car, so we set a profile up for her and if we are both in the car it may choose the wrong key - such fun.

Then there is the warning that keeps coming up when you get in the car telling you that a new key has been registered and to contact your dealer if you didn't register a new key.  I called the dealer and they said it was a security feature and that the message will disappear in a week or so !

I did wonder about this. I suppose only one key at a time in the car.

Putting one key "to sleep" would probably work.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links