Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2nd Key Fob

1 hour ago, WhiteHart said:

As I sit near the fake cherry blossom tree in the Lexus showroom I am told that the locking wheel bolts that have come in are for the RX and not for the little NX. 
So a 6 month wait to get my once new car finished will be a little longer. At least I now have two keys. 

The ups and downs of delivering a finished product, I well know. In the end, after my 2nd key and no nuts (!) I turned philosophical and refused to allow this to further mar the joy of a great car. That is, once I get my freezing door handles replaced! 

• Like 4

After you get the second key the car keeps displaying a "New Key Registered" message when you get in.

Does anyone know how to supress this or does it just disappear eventually?

1 hour ago, malcolmw said:

After you get the second key the car keeps displaying a "New Key Registered" message when you get in.

My message just disappeared. I don’t recall having to do anything since it’s just an informative message and should not require intervention. 
others may add to this..

oh, and congratulations btw!!

2 hours ago, Harry Junior said:

My message just disappeared. I don’t recall having to do anything since it’s just an informative message and should not require intervention. 
others may add to this..

oh, and congratulations btw!!

+1

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, JohnP56 said:

imgo... when did you get your NX? Just trying to work out the time it takes from delivery to key #2...

Picked it up 14th July '23 if that helps

2 hours ago, JohnP56 said:

imgo... when did you get your NX? Just trying to work out the time it takes from delivery to key #2...

+1 for info. Picked up 1 June 23, key issued and programmed 21 Dec 23

3 hours ago, JohnP56 said:

I think they are coming through in volume now so wait will not be so long for later purchasers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi folks, my first post here, I'm about to pick up an NX450H+ this week and have just learned it'll come with only the one key fob.

My question is: my car was pre-registered by a Lexus dealer in the south of England in late September 2023. It has been transported up to my local dealer in the Midlands, and I'm buying it as the official second owner despite only 35 miles on the clock. How confident do you think I can be that I will get a letter from Lexus CS about my second key fob? I'm worried it might go to the original dealer (first registered owner) for instance and sit in a pile on a desk somewhere.

Also, any idea if I will have to wait my turn based on the September 23 delivery date or now, ie January 24?

Obviously I will ask my dealer these questions when I pick up the car, but I'd rather be primed with any evidence available, in case he just says what he thinks I want to hear....

Thanks! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Timbobobcat said:

How confident do you think I can be that I will get a letter from Lexus CS about my second key fob?

Contact Lexus CS directly so they have your correct details.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Timbobobcat said:

Hi folks, my first post here, I'm about to pick up an NX450H+ this week and have just learned it'll come with only the one key fob.

My question is: my car was pre-registered by a Lexus dealer in the south of England in late September 2023. It has been transported up to my local dealer in the Midlands, and I'm buying it as the official second owner despite only 35 miles on the clock. How confident do you think I can be that I will get a letter from Lexus CS about my second key fob? I'm worried it might go to the original dealer (first registered owner) for instance and sit in a pile on a desk somewhere.

Also, any idea if I will have to wait my turn based on the September 23 delivery date or now, ie January 24?

Obviously I will ask my dealer these questions when I pick up the car, but I'd rather be primed with any evidence available, in case he just says what he thinks I want to hear....

Thanks! 

I would not be confident about anything regarding 2nd keys until you get an appointment to collect it. You may be fortunate and all will go smoothly, but I would not assume anything. Be politely proactive and don’t be put off, would be my advice. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Timbobobcat said:

Thanks! 

The letter is from Lexus to the owner and does not go through the dealership. With the letter you can arrange for any Lexus dealership or Lexus service centre to get the key and to clone it for you - takes about 30 min.

but as others have said my be worth an email to Lexus CS just to ensure they have the latest owner details for you car

well done on getting this car with only 35 miles and not having the long wait many of us have had …… enjoy 

• Like 2

Had my 2nd keyfob and locking wheel bolts fitted today whilst car was in for service. Nice surprise when I picked my car up.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, imgo said:

Had my 2nd keyfob and locking wheel bolts fitted today whilst car was in for service. Nice surprise when I picked my car up.

Wow 🤩 indeed! How remarkably inconsistent this process is. And my dealer says “Lexus don’t supply locking wheel bolts for the NX any more”. Nor do they acknowledge or recognise this forum - unlike me, where I have picked up so much information I would never otherwise had. 
Enjoy your surprise! And kudos to your dealer. 

• Like 3

Been told that my dealer has the locking wheel bolts in but I have told them just to fit them at the same time when they come to do the 2nd key (which I hope won’t be too long now. )

• Like 3

I've resisted the urge to call the dealer until now - but put on my 'big boy boots' this morning to contact my woeful dealer to find out what's going on with my second key and locking wheel bolts. 

Predictably - no real news other than they told me they've just had in a key for someone who collected their car in August 2023. So, with mine being collected in September 2023, the answer was: "errr, it might not be too much longer". 

Notification will come in form of a letter from Lexus directly, so I've been told. One letter for the key and another for the locking wheel bolts. I've no idea how true this is. 🤷‍♂️

22 hours ago, Harry Junior said:

Wow 🤩 indeed! How remarkably inconsistent this process is. And my dealer says “Lexus don’t supply locking wheel bolts for the NX any more”. Nor do they acknowledge or recognise this forum - unlike me, where I have picked up so much information I would never otherwise had. 

I'm waiting for them to advise my they don't supply the locking wheel bolts any more - as I signed for the car on the understanding that the second key AND the locking bolts were to follow. I clearly wrote both down. 

My dealer seemed to be 'aware' of this forum and, now that I have the car I feel safe enough to say this, is that they told me to 'ignore it' and solely rely on the information they, as the dealer, gave. I almost burst out laughing. What information is that exactly? They kept me pretty much in the dark throughout my 16 month wait for the car - and it's only when I made complaints to Customer Services did they reluctantly provide me with absolute basic non-information which was neither use nor ornament. They were notably very displeased that, after twelve months of zero news at that point, I felt the need to contact Customer Services (something else I'll now reveal).

As you say Harry - I'd say comfortably upwards of 90% of the information throughout the ordering process has indeed come from fellow members of this forum. That really isn't an exaggeration either. 100% of the information with regards to these 'missing bits' has come solely from this place. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

With second keys seemly starting to come through more frequently now I thought that maybe new vehicle would be supplied with two, however I know someone who has very recently taken delivery of a new 450h+ - no second key, no locking wheel nuts - although the dealer did advise him of this fact and that they would follow along at some point.

• Thanks 1

Just received a letter from Lexus telling me the second key fob was now available but my dealer phoned three weeks ago to say it was available and wanted to book me in for fitting. Looks like I have a proactive dealer compared to others!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2024 at 6:20 PM, malcolmw said:

Hi, I can confirm that the message should automatically disappear after about one week. I’ve found the section in the manual… (I do like a hard copy manual; strangely easier to navigate than the online version). My week expires tonight so I’m hopeful it will be gone soon.

IMG_2552.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Xez said:

Hi, I can confirm that the message should automatically disappear after about one week. I’ve found the section in the manual… (I do like a hard copy manual; strangely easier to navigate than the online version). My week expires tonight so I’m hopeful it will be gone soon.

IMG_2552.jpeg

Right. That was my experience, so good to know it’s official.  Manual is always my very last resort - don’t know why! Thanks!

1 hour ago, Harry Junior said:

Manual is always my very last resort - don’t know why! Thanks!

😅

5 hours ago, Harry Junior said:

Manual is always my very last resort - don’t know why! Thanks!

You’re welcome. Having worked in a fleet management business I quickly became made aware of the RTFM acronym. 😀 Then again my RX manual weighs in at a hefty 800 pages, so it always takes a while to find things….

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links