Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello

Apologies if this is in the wrong area.

Proud owner of a 2010 Ls600hl rsr.

Love the car, absolutely brilliant.

Unfortunately the front passenger sidelight is not working. It looks like it is a halogen type and not LED.

Iso us it just a w5w bulb? Also Is it easy to access? 

Thank you

10 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Couldn’t this be sorted by the seller ? Or at least paid for ? 
after all you’ve only just taken delivery ! 
Malc 

I don't think it is a major issue, just need to know if itvisa bulb which can vebaccessed

• Like 1

Through the wheel well I think. I know the headlamps are different between the LS460 and LD600, but if you search YouTube for “LS460 headlamp bulb replacement” you’ll find a couple of useful videos which might get you started. One with the wheel on and another with the wheel removed.

• Like 2

On 10/26/2023 at 5:22 PM, Jon Evans said:

Did you manage to get it sorted Niaz?

Hello,

Sorry not yet, it now appears to be an LED strip, the dealer said it would cost £700, but on back order.

I will try the fuses and then maybe any connecting wires, before taking the whole unit out.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Newbie777 said:

Hello,

Sorry not yet, it now appears to be an led strip, the dealer said it would cost £700, but on back order.

I will try the fuses and then maybe any connecting wires, before taking the whole unit out.

Thanks

Blimey that’s a fortune£££££  ……. Some modern  technology sure has its downsides 

Hope there’s no more ‘orrible surprises in store 😨

Malc 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Newbie777 said:

Hello,

Sorry not yet, it now appears to be an led strip, the dealer said it would cost £700, but on back order.

Thanks

Double sided tape + torch = couple of quid , job done.

2 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Blimey that’s a fortune£££££  ……. Some modern  technology sure has its downsides 

Hope there’s no more ‘orrible surprises in store 😨

Malc 

Hi Malc,

I am familiar with horrible surprises and don't give up easy.

My other car is a Bentley Continental GT.

One option is to see someone who works on car LED lighting and he can open the light and do the work, I know most people think they are  sealed unit.

My issue is the light may be needed for the MOT so will see.

In terms of the rest of the car, really love it, it is the later 2010 model with rsr etc  most other stuff works fine ( just wing mirror and tpms light) so nasty surprises.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Newbie777 said:

Hi Malc,

I am familiar with horrible surprises and don't give up easy.

My other car is a Bentley continental GT.

One option is to see someone who works on car led lighting and he can open the light and do the work, I know most people think they are  sealed unit.

My issue is the light may be needed for the MOT so will see.

In terms of the rest of the car, really love it, it is the later 2010 model with rsr etc  most other stuff works fine ( just wing mirror and tpms light) so nasty surprises.

2 of my close nr next door neighbours have Bentleys and rarely use them ……. think it’s the concern about being money pits maybe 😂

Thinking your TPMS light mightn’t be an MOT issue as you’re pre 2012 !  

Hope you find that LED guy to manipulate the unit …… worth his/her weight in yen 

Keep us posted please …… I had thought at some stage to buy a Ls600 ……. but there we are …… got my 2nd dear old  ancient brilliant Mk1 Ls400 now…… let’s see 🌞

Your ongoing story intrigues 

Good luck 

Malc 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

2 of my close nr next door neighbours have Bentleys and rarely use them ……. think it’s the concern about being money pits maybe 😂

Thinking your TPMS light mightn’t be an MOT issue as you’re pre 2012 !  

Hope you find that LED guy to manipulate the unit …… worth his/her weight in yen 

Keep us posted please …… I had thought at some stage to buy a Ls600 ……. but there we are …… got my 2nd dear old  ancient brilliant Mk1 Ls400 now…… let’s see 🌞

Your ongoing story intrigues 

Good luck 

Malc 

Thanks, 

Bentley's are fine as long as you drive them on a regular or daily  basis, 8 to 12 mpg is realistic round town in this season and if you get the two batteries, well you re big trouble as there is noway to open boot with, key, switch, remote fob, so most of us use a trickle charger every few weeks, the price to pay I guess.

I know the guy with the lighting so not worried at all.

Tpms on my Bentley is switched off via Diagnostics.

Your Lexus is a truly classic and a great car, so don't rush for a ls600h as more to go wrong.

I need the car for two years and a max of 5k miles a year,  to cover family holidays in UK, not bothered about resale of the car, just don't want to too pay too much on maintenance,so will see.

• Like 1

£$3.29 sounds a peach of a result ....... in an ordinary Ls600 then ! 

sorry I haven't used the euro sign .......  I don't seem to have it on my computer keyboard ...  weird 🙃

Malc

11 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

I don't seem to have it on my computer keyboard

To quote from blazing saddles: Euros,......we don't need no steeenkin' euros  - followed by a spit.

€  = press ALT then keeping pressed 0128 . Works for me.

An easier way is to go to wikipedia site and search for euro symbol and copy paste it.

e.g.  From Wikipedia.

"The symbol € is based on the Greek letter epsilon (Є), with the first letter in the word "Europe" and with 2 parallel lines signifying stability"

copied € and pasted €€€€€€€€€€..

Same for any other currency.

No-one likes a smart a r s e, as my teacher used to tell me.😙

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

sorry I haven't used the euro sign .......  I don't seem to have it on my computer keyboard ...  weird 🙃

On UK-based keyboards pressing right alt + 4 at the same time will give you a €.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DomTurner said:

On UK-based keyboards pressing right alt + 4 at the same time will give you a €.

Tried it on my UK dell keyboard and I get € too, but only using the upper numbers.

If I try the alt gr ( right alt ) with the number pad 4  I get " Whippet" But that only applies to users in Lancashire and Yorkshire.

I just had a closer look at the keyboard and there is actually a € sign next to the 4 below the dollar sign. Never noticed it before. DOH!🤔

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DomTurner said:

On my Delhi office keyboards there’s no ££££ key …… it all comes over to me as  gbp. 🤔

Malc 

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

On my Delhi office keyboards there’s no ££££ key …… it all comes over to me as  gbp. 🤔

Malc 

On my Deli board there is usually some good Kaltbach and fig chutney. It comes over to me as yum do I love those calories.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Either CTRL+ALT+ 4 or ALT GR(right ALT)+4 does the symbol.

I'm pretty certain that the LS600h has sidelights (bulbs) and Daytime Running lights (LEDs).
Only the sidelights have to work to pass the MOT.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GMB said:

Any relation?🤐

🤣 No.
I got my nickname because I used to sign emails sent to a motorcycling email listserver (way back in the 1990s) with "Boomshanka" (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/boomshanka) followed by my name, and people on the listserver started calling me Boom which soon became Boomer as it's a common US nickname.

Just googled boomer and got this. You really do not want to upset him.

Apparently he is called Roger. AND he is BIG.

A burly kangaroo whose buff physique shot him to internet fame has died ...

Roger the kangaroo: Enormous roo dies aged 12 - BBC News

Roger, a kangaroo who won global fame for his enormous size and impressive physique, has died at the age of 12.

The roo was rescued as a joey after his mother was killed in a car accident, and grew up at the Kangaroo Sanctuary in Alice Springs in Australia.

And he grew up a lot - ending up more than 2m (6ft 7) tall and weighing 89kg (196lbs).

The sanctuary announced his death from old age at the weekend, saying they had lost their "beautiful boy".

Please forgive me boomers - only kidding.🤡

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links