Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What car would you be?

Boomer54

They say dogs tend to be a mirror for their owners. I thought what if that were true for owners and cars.

So, if you were a car then what car would you be?

Have a little fun here giving us your rational for the choice.

I will lead off. I would be a Lada Vaz 2101.

Cheap to build, basic and robust whilst easy to maintain and reliable whatever the weather.

3 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

They say dogs tend to be a mirror for their owners. I thought what if that were true for owners and cars.

Cheap to build, basic and robust whilst easy to maintain and reliable whatever the weather.

Lexus RC-F.  Reliable, smart man’s car that is damn good looking. Overweight

Modest too!!!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Think I Would be A Ford Capri..Its the car I Always Wanted..Sleek Fast and Reliable.. Remember that car >>>>

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Think I Would be A Ford Capri..Its the car I Always Wanted..Sleek Fast and Reliable.. Remember that car >>>>

My brother had one back in the day. A sort of bright orange/mustard colour . I remember him taking me out in it and when he hit the pedal the seat physically slapped me in the back. Exhilarating 2.8 lt of hmmmrp. One of three cars he wrote off in a particular stretch of wall after post match bar days at the rugby club. Actually, I am not a fan of big govt, but the drink driving laws were a major step forward. I shake my head in disbelief at what we used to do in our cars.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

Alfa Romeo GT 1600 Junior Bertone Coupe. Emotional, not too fast, temperamental and breaks down every now and then.

Summarised as good looking bad boy !

I think I would want to be, well I really am ........... simply an older Ls400  ..  solid, safe, reliable, hardly ever breaksdown, very very comfy but above all ........ can be very very fast and very quick off the mark 😇

Malc

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

I think I would want to be, well I really am ........... simply an older Ls400  ..  solid, safe, reliable, hardly ever breaksdown, very very comfy but above all ........ can be very very fast and very quick off the mark 😇

Malc

Now that's a surprise ,not   😃

I might switch over from being a Lada Vaz to a Lexus SC 430, reliable, powerful, silky smooth road charmer !

• Haha 2

I've been thinking about this as it's actually really difficult (we'll to me anyway).

I'd be an Austin 1100. Nothing special. I get there eventually but 100% there. I keep going, so long as I'm serviced regularly and looked after. Dependable to get there. (Oh yes, the one my Dad bought for a sister about 54 years ago only recently departed to the great scrapyard in the sky). Answer to the needs of family and sometimes friends. 

Basically Simple Dependable 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

I've been thinking about this as it's actually really difficult (we'll to me anyway).

I'd be an Austin 1100. Nothing special. I get there eventually but 100% there. I keep going, so long as I'm serviced regularly and looked after. Dependable to get there. (Oh yes, the one my Dad bought for a sister about 54 years ago only recently departed to the great scrapyard in the sky). Answer to the needs of family and sometimes friends. 

Basically Simple Dependable 

My first car was an Austin 1100 in dark Green bought in 1973. No synchromesh on 1st so double the clutch was a must. Had no problems with it. Sold it on to a friend of my brothers and it kept him poor for 6 months until he chose to preserve his wallet and get rid. In fairness the bit about 'looked after' really did not fare well under my custodianship.

• Like 1

It struck me on reading the OP that Stephen's same question would have been asked - but the other way around - by the writers of the Disney/Pixar Cars movies as their basis for naming the characters, i.e. if a car were human what human would he or she be?  The names reflecting the traits and appearances purportedly depicted by the cars thus include, for example, Lightning McQueen=Ford GT40, Sally Carrera=Porsche 911, Doc Hudson=Hudson Hornet, Lizzie=Model T Ford, Luigi=Fiat 500 etc., etc.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links