Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

frozen doors

5 hours ago, SA1 said:

I was told by my dealer that handles were back ordered until January so I’m also hoping the weather stays reasonable until then. 

I didn’t have any issues last year but had it a few times this year. I can always send the kids in through the boot to open the door if nothing else works

Your experience mirrors mine - okay last year but some issues this winter. I reported it when I had the fuel filler flap replaced a couple of weeks ago and its booked in for this Friday - but on the job sheet (I get to check in online!) it says replace rear door handles. Anyone who has had it done, did they replace all handles - that's what I was expecting and want to be able to challenge them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Alan Thompson said:

Anyone who has had it done, did they replace all handles - that's what I was expecting and want to be able to challenge them.

When I was discussing it with them about times etc, the service desk said it is about an hour for each front door handle and just under and hour for the rear ones so they want the car for 4 hours which I take as they will be replacing all four handles

did you say all handles were affected or just the front ones? I know I had issues with all of the handles a couple of weeks ago

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Alan Thompson said:

Your experience mirrors mine - okay last year but some issues this winter. I reported it when I had the fuel filler flap replaced a couple of weeks ago and its booked in for this Friday - but on the job sheet (I get to check in online!) it says replace rear door handles. Anyone who has had it done, did they replace all handles - that's what I was expecting and want to be able to challenge them.

Hi Alan

All four done as far as I am aware. Certainly not had the issue so far this year!🤞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SA1 said:

When I was discussing it with them about times etc, the service desk said it is about an hour for each front door handle and just under and hour for the rear ones so they want the car for 4 hours which I take as they will be replacing all four handles

did you say all handles were affected or just the front ones? I know I had issues with all of the handles a couple of weeks ago

I'm waiting so it better not be 4 hours!! 😁

Actually, the only handle I had problems with was the offside rear - I could get in the drivers door and I didn't try the nearside doors due to the way I park.

I'll be happy if they just do the back and I'm on my way quicker. it's just my FOMO kicking in if everyone else ahs all 4 replaced.

1 hour ago, Ken R said:

Hi Alan

All four done as far as I am aware. Certainly not had the issue so far this year!🤞

Thanks Ken.

I'm also getting them to look at the offside rear door as I've never been happy with the way it shuts and there is a definite difference in the way it aligns with the body compared to the other side. It's just another little niggly thing that has spoilt my enjoyment of the car and is likely to mean I won't be swapping for another Lexus when the time comes.

• Like 1

Had all four replaced a couple of weeks ago by Lexus Reading and they collected the car for the day, but think an hour each may be optimistic. As far as I could make out the only way to get to the handles is from the inside, and this means removal of the door panel. Glad they took their time and car returned as new with no marks.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thats good glad i brought the subject up.Hopefully have mine fitted next week,cancelled one appoinment two weeks ago no stock. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, johns250 said:

Thats good glad i brought the subject up.Hopefully have mine fitted next week,cancelled one appoinment two weeks ago no stock. 

I had the same experience John.  Mines booked in at Lexus Leeds on 15th.

• Thanks 1

Four new handles and petrol lock replaced last week - 4 hours.

We are now guaranteed warm winters for the period I keep the car for 😃

• Haha 5

Had my 4 door handles replaced in December and this morning it is -2 so I went out to check the doors. All 4 opened immediately!😬

This solves an issue I have had for the last 2 winters.

Just the issue of the 12v Battery dying now…… 🙄 scheduled to be looked at later in January.

• Like 6

Are people generally having to ask for this to be done or is it being addressed proactively? I had this issue last winter so if it happens again over the next cold snap I will have to talk to the dealer ...

By the way not had an issue with the 12 V Battery, mine was parked up for a while recently and switched on immediately when required. Although I did disable keyless entry for the duration which perhaps helped converse the 12 V Battery.

36 minutes ago, The_Doctor said:

Are people generally having to ask for this to be done or is it being addressed proactively? I had this issue last winter so if it happens again over the next cold snap I will have to talk to the dealer ...

By the way not had an issue with the 12 V battery, mine was parked up for a while recently and switched on immediately when required. Although I did disable keyless entry for the duration which perhaps helped converse the 12 V battery.

You will need to request this from your dealer as its not a general recall issue as far as I am aware. Heavy frost here this morning and I had no problem opening the doors whereas last year in similar conditions it wasn't easy!

• Like 2

Door switches frozen again this morning, had to pour warm water on them before I could get into the (pre-heated) car. New handles were ordered in December, the dealer wasn't aware of the issue until I spoke to them.

• Like 2

Had my replacement handles fitted Friday last. No problems since. Happy Days.  Replacement handles were ordered on 30/11/23. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can report that after having all four door handles and the petrol cap replaced the doors opened fine after a frost over the weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Glad to find this post. I called my local service centre a few weeks ago about the fuel cap issue for my nx350h and was booked for replacement along with the first service in 2 weeks. I was on holiday last weekend and experienced the frozen handle issue for all handles apart from the driver front door. Just called my local centre (authorised but service only) earlier and they said they would have a look at my upcoming appointment - they mentioned they only had the fuel cap issue but not the handles. This is 3rd issue I had for the car since I got it Jan 22 sigh (unusual crease on dash trim, fuel cap issue and now frozen door handles)…

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, ApePat said:

Glad to find this post. I called my local service centre a few weeks ago about the fuel cap issue for my nx350h and was booked for replacement along with the first service in 2 weeks. I was on holiday last weekend and experienced the frozen handle issue for all handles apart from the driver front door. Just called my local centre (authorised but service only) earlier and they said they would have a look at my upcoming appointment - they mentioned they only had the fuel cap issue but not the handles. This is 3rd issue I had for the car since I got it Jan 22 sigh (unusual crease on dash trim, fuel cap issue and now frozen door handles)…

I would push them a bit harder. I mentioned that I wanted to door handles replaced at my service last September; this didn't happen (no parts) but after problems during the cold spell in December, new parts were ordered but still aren't due in country until 24th January. Apparently, some colours are quicker to get than others but, given the time lag, I would want them on order sooner rather than later.

Like you, I didn't have problems last winter when the car was newer and, I think, the winter was milder. I hope that the new door handles are a modified design and don't suffer the same problem after being in use for a year. Owner reports so far are good, no reported problems with the new handles, so hopefully Lexus have found a permanent solution.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

I hope that the new door handles are a modified design and don't suffer the same problem after being in use for a year.

When I had my handles replaced last week, the service person showed me a list of mods to the new handles, and whilst I didn't make a note of them there was certainly several design changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/21/2023 at 10:59 AM, Alan Thompson said:

Just had a call from Lexus Leeds cancelling tomorrow appointment as parts are on back order until January!! Re-arranged for 15th Jan and checked - all 4 will be replaced.

Had another call late Friday 12th from Lexus Leeds saying parts haven't arrived and pushing it back another two weeks.

Just out of interest, has anyone else had this work completed at Lexus Leeds and when?

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, Alan Thompson said:

Had another call late Friday 12th from Lexus Leeds saying parts haven't arrived and pushing it back another two weeks.

Just out of interest, has anyone else had this work completed at Lexus Leeds and when?

Mine cancelled for tomorrow for the second time at Lexus Leeds,now booked for 20th feb.

• Sad 2

No issues with my handles this morning. Again, I can only assume mine came with the updated/revised handle pad sensor things... The offside of the car was facing the coldest side of our driveway this morning too (more exposed to the elements) - so it would have been a decent test. Both my door and offside passenger rear door were a little sticky to open with the ice, but fortunately that wasn't down to the actual door handles which functioned correctly. 

On a slightly different subject and it's one I've brought up before - the only issue I have is the remote climate only works sporadically on mine. Naturally when you really need to use it, such as this morning, it doesn't want to play ball. 🙄

IMG_2750(002).thumb.jpg.be7f7ea4e5abd04fe12e63e1e3f859cb.jpg

So, it was a manual defrost for me this morning... Including unfreezing the wiper blades from the windscreen. Oh joy... 

• Sad 3

@Gary H I had that same error once a few weeks ago. After seeing the error I started the remote climate again and moved my phone to a locate little closer to the garage and it worked fine.
I can only conclude that there is at times a ‘strength of signal’ issue

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

@Gary H I had that same error once a few weeks ago. After seeing the error I started the remote climate again and moved my phone to a locate little closer to the garage and it worked fine.
I can only conclude that there is at times a ‘strength of signal’ issue

All such requests go via Lexus servers so the proximity of the phone to the car should be immaterial. My remote climate has been working most times lately though sometimes the climate starts normally well before I get the confirmation.

When I have had failures, sometimes clearing the app storage cache (NOT the data) and force stopping the app will sort it, but not always.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hayzee said:

All such requests go via Lexus servers so the proximity of the phone to the car should be immaterial. My remote climate has been working most times lately though sometimes the climate starts normally well before I get the confirmation.

When I have had failures, sometimes clearing the app storage cache (NOT the data) and force stopping the app will sort it, but not always.

Thanks 👍, I didn’t know that re climate & door locking which always seem very quick to react. Must have been a coincidence 🤔

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links