Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Missing kit.

I took delivery of my first Lexus (350H) October this year.Disappointed that I wasn’t supplied with a second key on delivery (which I am still waiting ) and also surprised no wheel locking bolts fit,not even a wheel nut socket.To be honest wasn’t impressed with the dealer and their response. I had much better service from my last VW main dealer.Lovely car but spoiled by these issues.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, warrken52 said:

I took delivery of my first Lexus (350H) October this year.Disappointed that I wasn’t supplied with a second key on delivery (which I am still waiting ) and also surprised no wheel locking bolts fit,not even a wheel nut socket.To be honest wasn’t impressed with the dealer and their response. I had much better service from my last VW main dealer.Lovely car but spoiled by these issues.

Its not exactly "an issue" and is a well known thing.

There are part shortages leading to the lack of supplying a second key (which I believe are now coming through). Additionally Lexus UK did not supply wheel locking bolts and have taken responsibility if any thefts occur. Again, customers have started getting the locking bolts through. 

Just email Lexus UK and they should be able to give you an answer or book you in for these items.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just frustrated after waiting fourteen months to take delivery of my new car and was only informed on  day of delivery that I would only be receiving  one key ,as it was not a well known thing to me.Communication has been poor,so much so I arrived at the garage I originally placed the order for the car to be told by the new franchise that the Lexus dealer had moved ten miles down the road.Obviously I wasn’t very happy and to be honest spoiled which should have been a very pleasant day.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Very much relatable @warrken52. I had a sixteen month wait for my NX350h. If you take a look back at the 'NX 2023 delivery date' thread, you'll see the issues I had over a lack of basic information and communication from the dealer. Complaints to Lexus customer services to try and get information with regards to what was going on saw them merely pass on my e-mail back to the dealer... 🤦‍♂️ One of those e-mail I sent was overlooked completely. 

Like yourself, no second key (just the blade) without so much as an estimate when it'll arrive ("Could be up to a year..." with the shrug of the shoulders - is what I was told) and no locking wheel nuts/bolts. Again, I've no idea if or when they'll ever turn up. It does worry me - when it comes to resale. It was only because of fellow members of this forum here I was aware of these shortages before collection. If I didn't know about this place, I'd have been unaware until the day of collection... Speaking of which, my car wasn't even in the handover room when I collected it. It was just in the car park...! 

I'm waiting a few more months before contacting them to see if there's any news on the second key and bolts/nuts. I'm still in a rather 'apathetic' stage with the whole fiasco at the moment. I suspect not. The dealer won't know. Customer Services won't respond to my request and merely forward it back to the dealer - who'll respond with another "don't know". Place your bets now, folks... I just don't want to go through that rigmarole again.

On a happier note - my NX350h is a very good car indeed. I'm happy with it. There are a few minor issues I have, but overall I've enjoyed my three (and a bit) months with the car so far. However, my experience with Lexus as a company in general really has scarred me. Obviously my mood may change in the passage of time but beyond having this car, I honestly can't see me dealing with them again. I certainly won't be dealing with the supplying dealer again. It really is a shame. I'd never, ever thought I'd say that about Lexus but in the 20 years of new car purchases - this particular one has been by far and away the worst that'll live long in the memory. 

• Sad 2

I'm just behind you. I only had to wait 15 months for my NX350h, but am very pleased with the vehicle overall.

Like others have reported, the second key is nominally available now, and having contacted my local dealer the vehicle goes in next week to get it programmed up.

Locking wheel bolts still don't appear on the horizon, but when questioned on this, the dealer did say the reason for the non-availability was because Lexus ordered them from Russia. Though plausible, I'm not sure that stacks up, since I can't see Lexus having a single source for any one mechanical component; but then the chip shortage has compromised availability of second keys.

• Like 1

I can understand that Lexus amongst others have had issues with chip shortages and unable to supply a second key until later. 

Does anyone know why the locking wheel bolts are unavailable? Are manufacturers experiencing a metal shortage? If they can make normal wheel bolts then surely they can produce a locking variant. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HPS13 said:

Does anyone know why the locking wheel bolts are unavailable? Are manufacturers experiencing a metal shortage? If they can make normal wheel bolts then surely they can produce a locking variant. 

I can only speculate it is a commercial decision. It should be quite easy to contract another manufacturer to make locking wheel bolts. You can purchase compatible McGard locking wheel bolts for the NX and get them delivered in a couple of days.

• Like 1

No one anywhere has had a second key on most Lexus since the silicon shortage whenever that was, locking wheel nuts still dont exist on cars that have the new wheel bolts instead of wheel nuts because of a design issue..apart from the LC500 which started getting the locking wheel bolt just recently. 

I received my second 'free of charge' (!) key last week and the car was delivered at the beginning of June '23. I strongly suspect that the sudden arrival of the key was prompted by a request to the dealer as to whether they we're going to arrange it or 'did I need to engage with Lexus CS?'.

Whilst I at the dealership I asked about other issues and the responses are below:

Locking wheel bolts - 'a design change means they are sourcing new ones. Current versions are not compatible. 'Maybe early new year'. (not sure which year) - no mention of Russia

Petrol flap sticking - as others have, I experienced this recently. Apparently 'cars produced after January 2023 ' had the spring fix applied. Mine was produced on 7 March 2023 so 'couldn't be suffering from this issue' (even though it clearly was). Grease applied by service department so we'll wait and see how long that works for.

Frozen door handles experienced early December - 'Cars produced after 12 March 2023 had the handle fix applied'. New handles ordered by dealer for fitting in the new year.

Just too many poor things on a £60k car, including a sub-optimal app (even the new version which shows the car unlocked even when it's not). I can't believe that a Japanese company who pride themselves on excellence at every level, haven't gone much further to put all this right for customers. The saving grace amongst all this nonsense - its a really fantastic car to drive so it's worth bearing with it.

• Like 4

On 12/16/2023 at 5:13 PM, Fusspot said:

Locking wheel bolts still don't appear on the horizon, but when questioned on this, the dealer did say the reason for the non-availability was because Lexus ordered them from Russia

How weird. Ordering steel things from Russia who has a reputation for bad quality steel. Plus the sanctions don't help. Plus Lexus have had long enough to find a replacement from a better/ closer country than Russia.

I thought Lexus had more sense and quality control - maybe not.  Sounds a bit like Mercedes who used to make great cars, now the news ones are poor. I am LED to believe, from certain professionals, that lexus cars over approx 7 yrs old are better quality than the new ones. Please tell me if I am wrong.😱

10 hours ago, GMB said:

I thought Lexus had more sense and quality control - maybe not.  Sounds a bit like Mercedes who used to make great cars, now the news ones are poor. I am led to believe, from certain professionals, that lexus cars over approx 7 yrs old are better quality than the new ones. Please tell me if I am wrong.

Locking wheel nuts aren't fitted at the factory so aren't spec'd/sourced by TMC. They are only fitted  to enhance a vehicle's Thatcham security rating - so these are either commissioned by Toyota Europe or Toyota GB.

• Thanks 3

It would be churlish of me to complain since my vehicle was supplied with locking wheel bolts but Colin's information does explain why my locking wheel bolts are already showing signs of corrosion. I hope that the redesigned sets that people are waiting for will benefit from better corrosion resistance.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links