Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Your Opinion.

cdmaskell

I ordered an ES P/P on the 2nd August 23. For delivery on 1st March 24. 
Cannot find any activity on the Lexus link on build etc other than ordered.  

Am I being somewhat premature? I have been using the original Lexus link as the plus version doesn’t show the build.  Oh well just hope it can get through the Suez.  Will the 24 be much different to my 22?  Just hoping it could be a bit more thief proof!

All the best to all and a Happy New Year.

Hi Colin. The order reporting process is rather strange. I ordered an ES Premium in September and was given the date 18th January 2024. I get the impression the higher the spec the slower the build and delivery process. Early December I was the same as you and was showing "ordered" on the Lexus app. I contacted my dealer as I know it can take a couple of months after build to be at the dealers. They said it was already being built and they had better info than the app. Then bingo on the 7th my app was updated and I received an email saying it build had started. Shortly after on the 12th I was informed the car had left the factory and the dealer contacted me to reaffirm the 18th. Regards the Suez question that could put a spanner in the works, no one has updated me on that recent development.

My conclusion is that you will receive updates and maybe its just being a Premium Plus that makes it a different slower process to the base model like mine. Being ordered in August I assume its a MY23, has the dealer informed you of this?    

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Navnan2 said:

I get the impression the higher the spec the slower the build and delivery process.

Lexus build to order and not in batches so that shouldn't be the case unless there are component shortages on parts that are only fitted to the higher end grades.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Lexus build to order and not in batches so that shouldn't be the case unless there are component shortages on parts that are only fitted to the higher end grades.

I think we are agreeing Colin, the higher the spec the more problems with supply of the additional equipment it seems.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cdmaskell said:

I will get in touch with dealer.  Won’t be happy not 24 spec.  But what can I do.  Especially as it was ordered for 1st March.

There’s no indication of any changes between MY23 and MY24 for the ES as far as I’m aware. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cdmaskell said:

I will get in touch with dealer.  Won’t be happy not 24 spec.  But what can I do.  Especially as it was ordered for 1st March.

MY24 switch over at the factory was in November 2023. No major changes, just tweaks to the idle control on the engine ECUs - not worth worrying about.

Previous to that, the MY23 switch over was August 2022 which gave a major upgrade to the infotainment system and remote access to the vehicle via Lexus Link. There was also a half year upgrade in March 2023 which changed engine emissions.

• Thanks 1

It must be a worry with the Houthis bombing transport ships and the tea leaves in the uk nicking the ES cars.

Has the new ES got any working protection yet from the easy Canbus attacks?

• Haha 1

On 12/28/2023 at 3:51 PM, Tickedon said:

There’s no indication of any changes between MY23 and MY24 for the ES as far as I’m aware. 

Lexus have announced a new ES convertible model that will NOT get stolen. Picture below:

Ferves Ranger 4x4 3/4 view

Latest auto CVT transmission with "faux" gearchange simulator

Ferves Ranger 4x4

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, GMB said:

Lexus have announced a new ES convertible model that will NOT get stolen. Picture below:

Ferves Ranger 4x4 3/4 view

Latest auto CVT transmission with "faux" gearchange simulator

Ferves Ranger 4x4

I like it! Note made to ring Lexus Leicester tomorrow to enquire about availability and a trade in value for Tiff. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, VFR said:

Proper spare wheel as well.

And some posters claim that Lexus pays no attention to the complaints on this website!  👍

(Now see what you’ve done! 🙁)

• Haha 2

Another teaser pic of the new ES 2024 convertible. Orders can now be placed on the official Lexus webite at a special introductory offer of £50 deposit, balance due of £750 in July 2024. They will take older ES models in part exchange offering £100 for any ES under 5 yrs old that has not been stolen/recovered.

This one shows the new ULEZ eco engine promising over 200mpg when it actually runs on all cylinders.

Hurry! Offer expires 31st Jan!💸💸💸🤑

Ferves Ranger 4x4 motor

• Haha 3

The ES is based on the same platform as the Toyota Avalon and Camry, and the Avalon has now been discontinued. The ES and Avalon share a similar timeline. So wouldn't be surprised, if the ES was retired. Whereas the Camry is now been updated to the 2025 Camry and share all the similar designs to the new Prius - https://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/camry/

So why is there no ES 2025? The ES 2024 has nothing new to offer. 

Just my two pennies' worth.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links