Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clean

Hi, I'm looking for a very powerful cordless vacuum cleaner for my car?

Please can you recommend something good to me

• Like 1

10 hours ago, b4u2 said:

Hi, I'm looking for a very powerful cordless vacuum cleaner for my car?

Please can you recommend something good to me

Hello,

Happy New Year.

I am a Dyson man and have everything Dyson at home. Fans. Heaters. Vacuums. Hairdryers etc.

I know a lot about Dyson handhelds.(vacuums), all models and what they or can't do.

The v8 model is about £230 and is quite light and will give you about 30 minutes in normal mode (does not sound much but will cover quite a few rooms) and 5 minutes in boost mode (not very effective. Ssles pitch) and the Dyson recharge will be  about 2 to 3 hours to fully charge, it is light, but suction is quite light and you like the boost mode but constant use will prematurely age the Battery and also after 5 mins you need to charge for 3 hours!

There are other models in the V range and they get heavier, bigger bins. have better Battery life., better suction but costs a lot more so if you look at the v15 model costs around £600, you get 75 min normal Battery. 9 mins max Battery sand. 45 mins medium power. You can see the Battery life on the digital screen.  The charging time is 3 hours plus full charge. But can buy and extra click in batteriy if needed.

If you are after a corded vacuum. I would recommend a Little Henry Cylinder vacuum.

What do I use? The v15. For the car and house, I also bought a seperate long flexible hose attachment and that helps in the car.

I also have a super light v6 (now discontinued) on first floor and it is easy to use and very light (use in bedrooms)

Hope this help, DM if need more info. Thanks.

• Like 1

https://www.aeg.co.uk/promotions/winter-event/?page=1&d2cSellable=true&category=vacuum-cleaners-%26-home-comfort%2Fvacuum-cleaners%2Fstick-vacuum-cleaners

I remember when Dyson first came out and we all thought how good they were (until I bought one) as for the first time you could see inside just what had been sucked up unlike those before that had it all hidden in a bag.

Clever marketing idea but the piece of plastic tat soon fell apart and I ended up with a Miele who made quality kit or AEG who also make some nice designed & functional stuff.

Dyson are still the masters at marketing though & now just charge some laughable prices for what to me is still plastic tat , just my opinion mind and not what most think. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, VFR said:

https://www.aeg.co.uk/promotions/winter-event/?page=1&d2cSellable=true&category=vacuum-cleaners-%26-home-comfort%2Fvacuum-cleaners%2Fstick-vacuum-cleaners

I remember when Dyson first came out and we all thought how good they were (until I bought one) as for the first time you could see inside just what had been sucked up unlike those before that had it all hidden in a bag.

Clever marketing idea but the piece of plastic tat soon fell apart and I ended up with a Miele who made quality kit or AEG who also make some nice designed & functional stuff.

Dyson are still the masters at marketing though & now just charge some laughable prices for what to me is still plastic tat , just my opinion mind and not what most think. 

Sometimes you actually do get what you pay for. In that sense I have never been left wanting by Miele.

• Like 3

There are a few companies out there that think their product is worth more than it really is. apple and Dyson are just two of them. Sell the sizzle not the sausage - they said.

We have some Dyson kit and it is good, but only at half the price that they sell it for.  apple kit - No way Jose.

I remember being at a computer expo in Europe and we were next to the apple stand. We were all very amused listening to the "encouragement" speech given to the apple staff at the start of the show. You could smell the Bull.... a mile away.

• Like 1

I totally agree, there are other makes and Miele are brilliant quality.

So quite a few to choose from and suit all budgets.

Currys stock Dyson and Shark, not sure if they stock Miele and other brands, but definely go, see and try out first.

Miele have only been great for me

Dishwashers and Vacs ……. if they made cars bits then Lexus would use them I’m sure 

Malc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Newbie777 said:

Currys stock Dyson and Shark, not sure if they stock Miele and other brands, but definely go, see and try out first

Check out John Lewis, with them you get extended warranty - usually 5 yrs - included. Most often at the same price as Currys basic purchase.

I always check John Lewis and Richer Sounds for better service and warranty when looking to purchase.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Newbie777 said:

HI Malc,

I agree they make the best appliances and they last. but not everyone can afford them.

They can't, shock horror, let me get my soapbox out it is time to orate on the need for wealth redistribution !

ps. Not enough of it is being distributed my way!

😀

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of Dyson, but not so much a fan of their prices.

As such, I bought three Dysons off eBay, two for 99p, and one for £9.99 (I know, I splashed out on that one), which were "broken", fixed them, and gave two to relatives.

The good thing about overpriced items is that the people who buy them can often afford, and even prefer, to ditch and replace, rather than repair. This is especially true for items used by the fairer s*x, who will use the slightest fault as an excuse to get something newer and shinier.

Often though they're quite easy to fix, with one just needing a plastic bag pulled out if its hose, and the reset button pressed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Re vacuum cleaners did all that power limitation stuff actually kick in meaning the end of 2000w super suction models?

Yeah, there were a couple of rounds of it too but doesn't really apply to cordless ones which would never use that amount of power anyway. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steve2006 said:

I sold my Dyson vacuum a few months ago due to lack of use, it was just stuck in the cupboard gathering dust. 😀

Tim has won the Edinburgh one liner competition a couple of times 🤣

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-28838287

• Like 1

Go to Screwfix website and type in Titan Vacuum  and between £65 and £95 you can have a 1400W motor , between 16 - 33 litre capacity that will suck your face off and can be used as a wet vac too.   Been using one for years with no breakdowns.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SH20 said:

Go to Screwfix website and type in Titan Vacuum  and between £65 and £95 you can have a 1400W motor , between 16 - 33 litre capacity that will suck your face off and can be used as a wet vac too.   Been using one for years with no breakdowns.  

I have one of those and so far so good. Generally use it for the sort of work that would ruin your normal vac.

I bought my wife a vacuum cleaner for our wedding anniversary.

The local accident and emergency department managed to get most of it out.

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, DavidCM said:

Simple mistake to make during the first 30 years or so. You should have got her an iron as well.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DavidCM said:

Actually just triggered a true story about my late father. For all the years I knew him he carried a stark white scar above his eyebrow. As a child when questioned about the scar he would tell the tale of the japanese soldier and the blade that made the scar. Somewhere in my early teens whilst on this same subject mid tale my mother very exasperated burst out with " rubbish I hit him with the iron". The why of it never quite came out, but come to think of it she did have a vacuum. 😉

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links