Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

SC430 FOR SALE Chat

finchy40

But who knows what on earth you’d uncover after 3 years with no MOT and presumably off the road in benign storage 🤔

Malc 

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

But who knows what on earth you’d uncover after 3 years with no MOT and presumably off the road in benign storage 🤔

Malc 

I have to say I find it strange that someone opts to try and sell without an MOT. Not only does the task become harder in terms of finding a buyer, but obviously buyers are apt to assume the worst and mark the price down before they even decide to look. At least I would. Hence, the conundrum is does the seller opt to do so , because they already know something that we do not, or are they simply trying to sidestep the uncertainty of putting it in and it failing in some major way? Coin flip.

Alternatively, bite the bullet and then take it to a show and you will probably have the only one there.

You know looking the price of these relative to some other collectable cars having seen the turn out at the show the other week I don't know why they are priced so cheaply.

1 minute ago, Boomer54 said:

I have to say I find it strange that someone opts to try and sell without an MOT. Not only does the task become harder in terms of finding a buyer, but obviously buyers are apt to assume the worst and mark the price down before they even decide to look. At least I would. Hence, the conundrum is does the seller opt to do so , because they already know something that we do not, or are they simply trying to sidestep the uncertainty of putting it in and it failing in some major way? Coin flip.

Alternatively, bite the bullet and then take it to a show and you will probably have the only one there.

You know looking the price of these relative to some other collectable cars having seen the turn out at the show the other week I don't know why they are priced so cheaply.

Possibly a Covid victim relative now selling …… decd estate being wound up …. just want to clear it away …….. there’s too many old cars chasing too few “ new “ potential owners during this current recession where people are only reluctantly spending ………

Us Oldies with too much time and spare dosh mustn’t lose sight of the vagaries of the economic clime ……. and old collectible cars just ain’t “ essentials “  right now 

But times will change I know 🤔

Malc 

I just cannot accommodate a 3rd Ls400 whatever the price 🥵🤣

😂 Not just an Sc but also a modern ridiculously tall SUV …… 

Old fashioned Ls400 is “ just about right “. for me 🤞

Could be a bereavement and the family just want it gone ☹️

logic says at least put it through an mot to see what needs to be done .

It is very cheap, I’m sure it will get snapped up by a trader .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Sold

I guess by a trader…in a few weeks it will be back up for retail money.

lets say 9-11k ?

I’ll look out for its mot results in a few weeks .

MJ55JMV

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202405079449046

09 car for £9k.

Does this fit the real world pricing structure for average cars?

08 car £8k

07 car £7k

Etc

With 134k on the clock 9k is too much money to be honest.

Not many potential buying will take a punt on that mileage, which is all wrong as mechanically they a good for 250k but in the UK it’s the corrosion to the underside components that’s the killer !

Prices have dropped since I purchased mine 🙄, 10k should buy a good car with sensible mileage and all the mechanical bits serviced now.

All the 13k examples on AT are just collecting dust.

• Like 2

QUITE PREFER the eBay blue one at a silly price maybe ............... sure a great project for someone

Malc

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 8:18 PM, Malc1 said:

QUITE PREFER the Ebay blue one at a silly price maybe     sure a great project for someone

Strange recent MOT history on this one...
March 2018 - Passed with 88.3k, but not tested again for 22 months
July 2019 - Passed with 92.5k.

The main banner states MOT expired on 25 January 2021, so an out of sequence MOT taken in January 2020, 6 months early, with 27k miles added between July 2019 and Jan 2021, before being parked up.

Auction ends in a couple of hours, 31 bids, currently at £1650

Yes I found the recent mot history I bit odd, wonder if it been used without a mot ?

Anyway it’s very cheap so just need to take its checkered history on the chin .

I don't see the appeal for a car like this. Age and mileage effectively caps it's value. Restoration costs on top of the buy are highly likely to soar past that value even if you are a mechanic using your own labour. Parts and paint alone will surely account for that. Perhaps it needs a lot less than I think, but we have seen quite a few like this have we not so think that is not likely to be the case.

16 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

I don't see the appeal for a car like this. Age and mileage effectively caps it's value. Restoration costs on top of the buy are highly likely to soar past that value even if you are a mechanic using your own labour. Parts and paint alone will surely account for that. Perhaps it needs a lot less than I think, but we have seen quite a few like this have we not so think that is not likely to be the case.

we'll never know unless someone here gets it !

malc

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

we'll never know unless someone here gets it !

malc

I take a different view. Take account of the vendors disclosures then extrapolate from those based on your experience of such cars and I think the highest probability outcome is already 'known' statistically. Moreover we now also know that it is a 'fact' that I was blessed with zero imagination.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links