Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX Insurance renewal time.

I know there’s a lot of listings under this subject, but, mine is now due for renewal later in May.

I was previously with LV, but they decline to re- insure, as do Axa, and Aviva!

Looking on the comparison sites, I am getting quotes from NCI, Hedgehog, Marsh bloody Mallow, none of which I have heard of before, and none of which I really fancy insuring with, because if you dig into the policies, either the market value they place on your vehicle can be £10-15k short of its representative value, they don’t appear to offer EU cover at all etc.

I have a quote from Tesco, of over £1k for their Gold policy, which seems to cover all eventualities and is  Defaqto 5* policy, anyone here any experience of dealing with them for car insurance?

I am also finding policies from One Call, quite competitive, although as they are brokers, I don’t know who they place the risk with, and has anyone used Howdens  insurance brokers?, any thought would be appreciated. 

55 minutes ago, Spock66 said:

I went from LV to Hastings Direct.

Me too - they were the cheapest better known company.

1 minute ago, larryadler said:

Thanks chaps, but not for me I’m afraid, declined to quote !

It sounds like things are getting worse by the day. I have been testing the market for when the ISF comes out of SORN  June 1st and prices have settled at about £600 -cheapest -  from a lot more ( £800 plus )the month before  ( £450 last year ).  I just hope prices aren't going up again.🤞I was hoping maybe things had settled down a bit🥲 .

I insured my RX with Tesco last August. Price was reasonable (~£900) compared to what was being offered on the market (>£1k). The excess on the windscreen replacement was much lower than what LV was asking for. Bog standard insurance purchase experience, online documents came through quickly. Haven't had to claim.

I'd give NFU Mutual a try also. Have to go direct but was easily the best when I renewed recently...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We've had no issue with Tesco over the years, including at least one occasion where we've had a no-fault accident.

They quoted under £200 for my wife's 2010 Toyota Auris this year, we would have taken it up if she wasn't unable to drive at present.

I was previously insured with More Than, but they too seemed to have pulled out of the car insurance market. RIAS were quite competitive when I renewed last year.

5 hours ago, Caspa said:

I'd give NFU Mutual a try also. Have to go direct but was easily the best when I renewed recently...

NFU seem to have come top of the Insurers.in terms of satisfaction for several years.  The only thing is they have an age ceiling which I am above unfortunately.  I thing I tried all the comparison sites on the same, as quotes can vary from one day to another.

I found Ageas either the cheapest or next so in almost all cases.  I have used them in the past without problem and they are well know. For some reason that I am unaware of, quotes for using them varied considerably between the comparison sites.

Mine is due at the end of may. I was hoping to have the new security update done. I emailed Lexus customer services to see when it would be available. They were unwilling to give a date. They stated to bbc watchdog, it would be end of April, well thats tomorrow, so it aint likely. I’ve already had the plates fitted. 

i should be getting my tesco renewal notice through tomorrow, i’ll let you know what that comes to. On recent trawls through comparison sites, £1100 and change was the chepest with a reputable name - the Coop. 

Well gentlemen, decision time is looming !
I definitely won’t do Nutshell, Marshmallow, or Hedgehog, and having scoured the comparison market, read reviews until I’m blue in the face, and studied the individual policies, that are available to an RX owner ( a lot ain’t)  I have a choice of two policies.

1 Tesco Gold policy at £1062, their reviews are equivalent to the likes of Saga, Aviva and the like.

2 NFU Mutual policy at £1242, their reviews are top of the tree, and customer satisfaction is excellent for both customer service and claims satisfaction. This policy however does not contain as many features as the Tesco policy!

I have to ask is the extra £220, for NFU and peace of mind, worth it over the Tesco policy 🤔🥴🤯

Where will you place your bets gentlemen, and by the way, any contributions greatly received 🤣😂

• Like 2

Obviously £220, but the policy differences relate, NFU provide legal protection, higher personal benefits, a minimum RAC cover, and lower excess by £150! I don’t need any of the above, and the Lexus has the 3 year AA cover.

Tesco Gold provide equivalent car to you own, with no limit, higher personal effects cover, etc.

The policy variations are to many to list here, but of course NFU are highly rated, No 1 on Which, and have the higher customer service/ satisfaction ratings.

As I’m sure you are aware, Insurance is a minefield, and you only really know how good any policy is until you come to claim!

• Like 2

My insurance renewal is at the end of the month. The notice came through today and was a pleasant surprise from Chris Knott who @RONNIE W HODGEKINSONrecommended on this forum last year…

…my premium has gone down! Yes, you read that right…£55 cheaper than last year at £636 fully comprehensive and with business use included. Yes, in 2021 when I bought the RX my premium with MoreThan was £350, but even so…I’ll take that as a huge win (but will still try comparison sites to see if there are better deals, but I doubt it!). I was braced for a four figure number, and I don’t mean £99.99!

😁

• Like 3

14 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

My insurance renewal is at the end of the month. The notice came through today and was a pleasant surprise from Chris Knott who @RONNIE W HODGEKINSONrecommended on this forum last year…

…my premium has gone down! Yes, you read that right…£55 cheaper than last year at £636 fully comprehensive and with business use included. Yes, in 2021 when I bought the RX my premium with MoreThan was £350, but even so…I’ll take that as a huge win (but will still try comparison sites to see if there are better deals, but I doubt it!). I was braced for a four figure number, and I don’t mean £99.99!

😁

14 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

😁

Thats Great News Ed.. Just wondering what Mine will be this Year when i Renew in June ..Will Keep chris Knott In Mind..!!

• Like 1

Chris Knott is a long standing well regarded broker with real people talking with you 

0800 917 2274  ? 
Malc 

Thanks for the information Ed, they certainly have a lot of good reviews. Just out of interest, who do Chris Knott place their business with , ie, which insurance companies, and does anyone have any information re claims efficiency etc.

I note they seem to favour Owners Club members, but we ain’t on their list, I wonder why that is, as it appears they are getting business from the LOC , and from the reviews, probably better that Lexus insurance?

14 minutes ago, larryadler said:

Just out of interest, who do Chris Knott place their business with , ie, which insurance companies, and does anyone have any information re claims efficiency etc.

Nothing on claims efficiency (apart from the general reviews) but last year they placed me with a company called Equity Star, and the renewal this year is a company called Highway who (brace yourselves!) having looked them up are part of LV, who are declining to insure Lexus models! Erm…😆

14 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

Nothing on claims efficiency (apart from the general reviews) but last year they placed me with a company called Equity Star, and the renewal this year is a company called Highway who (brace yourselves!) having looked them up are part of LV, who are declining to insure Lexus models! Erm…😆

Nothing Surprises me there..Should have called it Your Way My Way Or The Highway.... C.E.O. Possible ***** Turpin..!!

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links