Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I'm a bit of an idiot

I was at the Ferrari Festival at Brands Hatch yesterday (brilliant). Anyway I managed to shut the boot with my keys in there! I know...what a plum!

Anyway I wandered around a bit wondering what to do, then I saw an RAC stand. I said I owned a Lexus, what I'd done and that I get RAC membership free from Lexus. They were amazing, first a few of them came over and admired the car, then one of them drove back to my house (about 1 1/2 hours away) and picked up my spare keys and brought them back to Brands.

I went back into the circuit and enjoyed the rest of the day. When I came out my spare keys were there waiting for me. WELL DONE RAC, excellent service!

:bounce::bounce:

Jimmy - snap, happened to me last week end!

I play alot of paintball and tend to get muddy, dont want to spoil my car so normall i sit on the rim of the open boot and get changed. obviousley everything i am carrying inc keys i tend to put down in the boot whilst doing so. I got in to the habbit of unlocking the car and opening a door a while ago cause i nearly did it and just caught sight of the key as i did it. Last weekend for whatever reson - I unlocked the car but didnt open a door - damn if the car doesn't fool you and lock itself after 30 secs if you dont open a door! Hmmmph :flaming:

Luckily my lodger was in (about 10 mins away) and drove my spare key to me!

But don't u feel that it's very unsafe to have a boot that can open like that? I mean if you leave it in the unlocked position in the keyhole.

If its left like that, then people could break in and open the boot very easily, then you will have nowhere you could trust and keep the bags, shoppinh, brief cases, etc.

Originally posted by Ezzer

But don't u feel that it's very unsafe to have a boot that can open like that? I mean if you leave it in the unlocked position in the keyhole.

If its left like that, then people could break in and open the boot very easily, then you will have nowhere you could trust and keep the bags, shoppinh, brief cases, etc.

i dont follow you - can you explain a little further please?

You can 'lock' the boot so that the remote opening thing by the drivers door doesn't work. (in the same way as in many other cars you can stop the boot being unlocked with the central locking) Therefore the only way to open it is with the key. I think Ezzer is saying he feels safer like that.

Originally posted by ricky_is200

You can 'lock' the boot so that the remote opening thing by the drivers door doesn't work. (in the same way as in many other cars you can stop the boot being unlocked with the central locking) Therefore the only way to open it is with the key. I think Ezzer is saying he feels safer like that.

How do you do that then?:?:

Originally posted by Jimmy Ten Toes

If the boot keyslot is vertical, you can open it from the internal release. If you use the key and turn it anti-clockwise so the slot is horizontal, you can only use the key/remote to open it.

You should also have a third key which doesn't have the boot open button, the idea being you can give someone that key (and lock the boot as above) and they have no-way of getting into the boot.

Personally I like the internal boot open, and I never keep anything in the boot to worry about it. I think its far worse in other cars where when the doors are unlocked someone can open the boot from outside.

Originally posted by lexicon

If the boot keyslot is vertical, you can open it from the internal release. If you use the key and turn it anti-clockwise so the slot is horizontal, you can only use the key/remote to open it.

Well, I never knew that! Thanks;)

Originally posted by lexicon

I've had my car for nearly 3 yrs, and I didn't know that either!!

Might come in useful one day.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links