Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blimming vandals!

Living in central London, is a very nice area.... is a nightmare! I have had the car in pristine condition for 9 months since new, parked overnight in an undergrond garage, then I moved here and had to park on the street. As a result, both my bumpers need a complete respray. I was just getting into accepting that, and one month before I am to sell the car. Some TOSS*R keyed the driver side rear door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so not happy, in fact, I want to murder whoever did it. WHY??????????????

It is not TOO deep, I tried to T-cut it, I applied it once and then polished it and it was better but the line was well and truely in the lacquer, also there are a deep bits, but just treading on the paint itself I think. So the T-cut didn't get it all off, at all, still an obvious line. What shall I do? I need some advice!!! I can't sleep! I wanna cry, I wanna kill!

It's a Platinum Ice (Silver) car, btw, thanks guys!

It's so upsetting when that happens. Back last year my car was vandalised big time - brick through the rear screen, all door panels bashed in and key marks like you wouldn't believe. We also knew, but couldn't prove, who had done it. My husband was ready to 'go and have a few words' (ahem).

It is gutting but if it's any small consolation it's largely down to jealousy and the mis-led belief that if you have a car like that, you can afford to repair the damage.

What goes around definitely comes around and next time they'll have their come-uppance.

In the meantime, Supercharged Morph recommended metallic T-Cut and it does make more of a difference. Failing that, try Chips Away or someone similar.

Failing that, we'll get a lynch mob sorted for you :rolleyes:

absolute

:flaming:

apologies for the language - but had to be said.

I hate stuff like this - just pure, simple minded jealousy.

I had my 'new' car (it was a Renault) - but brand new S plate - 3 days old parked in the street and some little ***** keyed the side and had a go at the alloys.

you have my complete sympathy mate.

If you find out who did it and want a hand sorting 'em out - it's not too far a drive for me:)

Cheers boys and girls. I did a walk about today and saw that 14/40-50 cars had the same thing!!!! I want to shoot that/these person/people.

In fact, my sister's car had the same thing, she has a Merc ML, and on a different incident, she got Chipsaway to do it and it was a TERRIBLE job. So I am not tempted by them as it is all the way across the rear door as well, so I am going to wait for a verdict from a dealer to say whether it is a respray or a sandpaper and bluff with machine job that they could do.

I did use Metallic T-cut but it actually didn't do too much, it helped, but not as much as I expected. How many times can I apply it? If I either polish or T-cut for a whole day, it might come out, but what would be the consequences if I do that? Aside from my arm falling off?

Cheers peeps.

• 3 months later...

MY NEW 200SE WAS VANDALISED BY SOME "LOVELY LITTLE CHILDREN" 7 WEEKS AFTER DELIVERY, DRIVERS DOOR, REAR QUARTER PANEL CUSTOMISED WITH SHOPPING TROLLEYS REPAIRED @ JEMCA EDGWARE RD LONDON, NICE JOB AS YOU WOULD EXPECT BUT £1270 AND JUST ABOUT TO GET MY PROTECTED N.C.D. what are you lovely little sods up to tonight.

G7UHF.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links