Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

HID for IS200

Hi,

I was thinking about HID lights and how they may be handy as i can't see anything with the standard lights at night :(

Local lexus dealer says there is not feasible to fit the IS300 lights 'cos of self-leveling, different wiring, etc. etc.

so are there any alternatives or should i forget it?

(relevant) suggestions please!

hi rob, you canget more powerfull Xenon bulbs, at

http://www.powerbulbs.com

I am using philips clear blue, they have Xenon gas in them. They are 30%brighter and give appearance of hid. you can also get hyperplasma fom

http://www.street-looks.com

if you do keep yuor lights swithed on auto as they are a higher watt bulb and can blow.

Any probs mail me.

Tony

[Edited on 13-1-2002 by superchargedmorph]

[Edited on 13-1-2002 by superchargedmorph]

i have the rallye bulbs from powerbulbs and they do make a fair bit of difference, but only have them on the dipped beam.

the only thing you have to watch is as they are a higher wattage 70W compared to 51W is your plastic lenses/reflector for any signs of overheating - i havent had a prob but it is something you should be aware of!!

cheers

robbie.

• 1 month later...

i decided to upgrade the bulbs in the end. i now have a full set of the philips bluevision (sidelights, high beams and low beams) and they are pretty impressive (especially as they cost £50 for all 6, as opposed to £700+ for HID upgrades!)

i took a couple of pics if you're interested i can post them

and finally a pic of a local lane lit up with the all the new bulbs a'shining (sidelights, low beams and highbeams, stock on the left, philips on the right).

i know there are even brighter bulbs out there, but i got these as they were a good price, they matched the required wattage and superchargedmorph said they were good!

[Edited on 5-3-2002 by rob200]

• 1 month later...
Local lexus dealer says there is not feasible to fit the IS300 lights 'cos of self-leveling, different wiring, etc. etc.

The same to the HID lights of the new 2002 IS200?

Yes, it is same. new 2002 IS200 HID also have autoleveling, different wiring etc.

Let me get this straight, are you saying the new 2002 IS200 has HID lights?

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

I have asked my local dealer and they said that it will take far more than that to change cable etc for your Xenon kit. The local dealer said that the car also needs to have an automatic adaption to the spot of your light when you car is loaded. All in all the german local dealer put a quotation at about 2000 EURO to upgrade the car to the 2001 IS 200. So if the price is set around to 500 pounds I would rather go fot the Xenon light as they last a life long.

Regards,

Mike

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links