Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Total Apathy

Bazza

Usually i would say i will come along for this one definatley, but the missus is sposed to be dropping the sprog at x-mas, so i can't say for deffo yet!

If all is well, i will come along, but will keep you posted!

(Is there a discount rate for the under 1 year olds?!?! :P)

Stu

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think we should have areas set up for local & mini meets with LOC committee being responsible for the "big show" wherever it may be.

No need for any software just a list of counties which we define into areas, create a forum topic for each, say Wessex area meets where members/organisors post meets relevant to that area and anyone el;se can come along if they are interested.

For what ist worth I feel we should arrange a LOC only major meet as the BIG meet (not JAE) we could get something decent sorted............

Sounds good to me.

Ta,

used to work in the clubs i've been involved with pre internet :blush:

prob wouldnt work but what the saab club did is rotate the annual big meet around each area with that area being responsible for organising it..........used to have a sit down dinner at the hotel as well.....very civilised (always had camping available for those who prefer it)

Sounds like potentially a good idea, will need some fine tuning for it to work me thinks, and also will need some kind hearted and patient volunteers to assist!

Good idea Mr E!

Stu

I'm guilty!

I'm interested in meeting with other and having a social life. I could go on about problem with having a new born at home and the wife who has other plans for the weekends. (no not that sort of plans)

I went to a mini meet a few months back held in Ashton. Had a great time in meeting others and certainly looking to do that again.

I can't say about the xmas party yet due to the works do. But any local meet I’ll try 100% to attend.

It is just down to timing, work and home life.

It's always a balancing act, but I think everyone appreciates that no one will be able to attend all meets. It's just nice when people make the effort now and again. I think the apathy comes in when people start moaning the Club should be organising things, express an interest and then go quiet or drop out when a bit of commitment's needed!

Ash, with a newborn it's difficult sometimes to find the time to get out to the local shops, let alone a meet - but it's worth it when you are able to come along!

well i love petes idea of a kind of rally from ace to southend.

I goive a lot of money each month to childrens charities and i think that something like this (also with coverage - could help raise both the profile of the website and also help the charity involved.

So, yes count me in. Lets also tap up some big corporations for sponsorship money etc.

well i love petes idea of a kind of rally from ace to southend.

Lets also tap up some big corporations for sponsorship money etc.

Lexus Woodford should be at the top of that list with the amount of money we give them between us!!!!! :D

Bazz check the thread out.

3 pages of talk,well lets not talk but do something about it,any idea is good to get people to meet and to do it for charridy mate is even better. :)

What about as a club we set aside a quarterly meet for a charity of the clubs choice,split up into regions: S.East,S.West,Midlands and North,which is why i propose the Southend run for Gt Ormond St and other members from across the country can organise thier own but on the same day for the same good cause. :D

I hope everyone will think its a good idea and it gets the green light and we can move on this,there is no better way to promote a club and get its members involved.

I think the members could take some of the stress away from the co-ordinators usually involved in setting up mini/regional-meets so they can concentrate on the bigger ones like JAE/Gaydon and so-on.

Yes this time of year its gonna be wet,cold and miserable....but so-what its for a damn good cause.

The future of ANY club is in the hands of its members.....so come on enough is enough.......lets do it :) :).

Im up for this pute me down pete and i get me wife to come as well so that will be £20 :winky: as she had all here locks cut of for Charity, so she will be up for this as well :whistling:

How about makeing new post about this, so we can get the ball rolling . so all on here have lots of time to post if they want to come or not ?

:driving:

Nice one pete :winky: for thinking of this

How about peeps who said they will goto a meet and not turning up (for whatever reason), donate some money for charity?

Love the idea but dont think it would work :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk