Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting Kit For Is200 Sideskirts.

ajp

Hey guys, after a favour please.

I picked up some second hand side skirts off an IS200 lately, but I never received the fitting kit (since they'd already been on another car!)

The bodyshop can't fit them as they're missing some plastic bits to attach them to the car as well as some rubber sticky bits!

They said they can work around the issue of the plastic bits as they can find some laying about, but they need the rubber bit to stick them to the sides of the car (it's the rubber seal bit you can see when you look at a car with the sideskirts fitted already that I'm after)

Is it possible to get hold of the fitting kit separately?

They had a quick look on the computer but it said that no additional fitment kit was required for the sideskirts - what do you guys do who want them reinstalling for whatever reason, if they need tidying up etc?

They're going to have a word with Toyota tomorrow to see what they can do but in the meantime I thought I'd pop over here and ask you guys if you had any ideas what I can do?

Thanks in advance

Thanks Scorpion, but I don't like the sound of that - sounds ominous :crying:

Yeah i tried but got nowhere,the thing is some dealers will try anything and really do their best but some dont,i just happen to live near one that dont. :lol:

I didn't have the bits that fit under the car either so i rivetted them on :ph34r:

When i took them off the car i was really careful and managed to save most of it but there is a part i had to cut and glue back on,a bit untidy but you dont notice it that much.

Come to think of it some spare shops sell a weatherproofing seal on a roll....i'll have to investigate further.

Yeah i tried but got nowhere,the thing is some dealers will try anything and really do their best but some dont,i just happen to live near one that dont. :lol:

Why not use Chris then?

i tried but he kept squishing out the side and moaning :lol:

i think chris has a sealant in his ;)

the body shop i used to fit mine, also managed to got hold of the kit :)

Just got me a new IS, with the Aero2 kit - the 'free' one they are giving awat at the moment. It's going back to them because they forgot to fit the parking sensors, but will also mention that the side skirt on the passenger side is not actually attached to the side of the car and could they fix that - will ask whether there is anything they can give me should I need to stick it back on myself in the future. Might help with some of your problems ...

Not sure from the descriptions given above but it sounds like your after double sided neoprene tape to me (comes in loads of thicknesses / widths) easiest place is RS components (though not the cheapest).

Is that the stuff your after ?

Just before I speak to Lexus Reading and get fobbed off ...

I presume the skirts are stuck to the side of the car with some form of double sided foam, and bolted on the inside of the wheel arches? Or are they just bolted with sufficient 'in-spring' (new term!) in the skirt to keep it up close to the bodywork, with the seal you are all after just providing protection for the bodywork?

Steve, I believe you are right in that the skirts are by default stuck to the side of the car, as well as bolted in the arches and from underneath.

You can see the rubber type seal in between the body work and sideskirt on all the new cars.

Good luck :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links