Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mcgard Locking Wheel Nuts...

necromax

Whoever last had the wheels off on my car used an air rachet and shafted the Lexus locking wheel nuts. It was a pain in the ar*e to get them off I can tell you.

Anyway, I went to Halfrauds and looked up the IS in the little Mcgard book, and there are three offerings... the tapered ones looked wrong, as did the other type they had out of the three.

I made the mistake of assuming that someone might be able to tell me if the third option was the correct one.... he dutifully looked the IS up on his system, and relayed the same information I just read from the book. He then proceeded to tell me that I should try and find out exactly which ones I need, cause if I order the third type and they are wrong, I would have a useless set of locking wheel nuts...

I asked him to make sure I understood, and he was basically saying that if I ordered them, I had to pay for them even if they were wrong!!!!

I have looked on the Mcgard site which was as much use as a chocolate teapot as they don't list applications... anyone help me out with the correct part number?

I ordered mcgarg tuner locking wheel nuts for my ganador wheels from demon tweeks with no model number just the make of car....may be worth a bell ?

and me !

superb service from them

in gold discount scheme as well :)

• 1 year later...

has any one got the part number for these?

can someone please confirm if there are correct or not?

Part number 24157SU

60deg taper M12 x 1.5 shaft length 32.5mm 19mm hex

???

TIA

• 6 months later...

thanks ally :)

I have an IS200. I have lost my tyre key (screwin..) and need to get the bolts changed - are these McGard (McGard 24157 SU (M12 x 1.5) £32) ones the way to go? Wish me luck trying to get the old ones off... :tomato:

yes, they are very good indeed :D

thanks ally :)

I have an IS200. I have lost my tyre key (screwin..) and need to get the bolts changed - are these McGard (McGard 24157 SU (M12 x 1.5) £32) ones the way to go? Wish me luck trying to get the old ones off... :tomato:

yes, they are very good indeed :D

Sweet as a nut..sweet like tropicana

I'll get on the case then - thanks very much :P

• 10 months later...

Sorry for dragging up an old post.

I just ordered McGard 24157SU, 12x1.5 RH for my 99 IS200 Sport.

When I received them, the first thing I noticed is the big taper on them. To me, it doesn't look right. I've heard bad stories of wheels cracking if tapered nuts are used when they shouldn't be.

Can anyone with recent knowledge of this confirm?

Martin.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links