Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Top Gear

wills

On top gear this week mr Slater said that he is buying a Lexus hybrid electric/petrol any ideas what hes talking about, does he mean the toyota thing ?corolla??? :blink: .............i didnt know there was a lex hybrid available and IMHO probably wouldnt want one

cheers will

yes, Top Gear slate Lexus - but no-where near as much as they used to slate Vauxhall, or Ford, or BMW...

And hell, they have a point, Lexus is like that kid in your class at school that was good at every sport, always got A's and never seemed to work - everyone hated them! ;)

Clarksons Ford GT4 saga is making me laugh however! :)

The car is totally impractical and apparently can only do 76miles on a full tank! His daily journey to work is 77miles! :D

Plus he is still waiting for it to arrive, its only available in four (naff) colours and the price keeps going up!!

HA HA HA! :) :) :)

Top Gear was my favorite TV progam for many many years, until I owned a Lexus and now car shows seem very bland to me all other cars seem just a wast of time.

For years I thought Mr Clarkson was funny and entertaining, but then one day he slagged off Lexus big time, I was shocked how can he slag off the best cars in the world, I went off the guy and now I only see him in a negetive light, Its so bad I change channels when he starts with his sarcasm, I just dont find him funny anymore, just irritating.

But as for the rest of the guys they are good and fair.

Quintin is a real nice guy and as you say he loves Lexus because he can appreciate quality. :driving:

Let's put it in perspective. The Lexus marque whether it be the sporty IS 200

class which is a very subtle sporty car ( For the younger guy that has some taste

over boy racer /BMW ;-EVERY ONE & HIS DOG HAS ONE" Then onto the bigger GS models as you grow old gracefully but still keep the image of fast very nice car.

Then onto the LS series because your ar!se has got bigger and you need the comfort, plus of course some serious grunt. The Lexus marque .whichever you drive is a very aquired taste. And let's face it Clarkson DOES NOT HAVE TASTE!

But on saying that I do think he is a very funny guy.

Bye the way I come in the group of being a bit older,having a fat ar!se and went from LS 400 to RX300. Making a costly mistake of buying an S-Type Jag in between!

Just my twopenneth' on Clarkson & Lexus.

Cheers Terry

Top Gear was my favorite TV progam for many many years, until I owned a Lexus and now car shows seem very bland to me all other cars seem just a wast of time.

For years I thought Mr Clarkson was funny and entertaining, but then one day he slagged off Lexus big time,  I was shocked how can he slag off the best cars in the world,  I went off the guy and now I only see him in a negetive light, Its so bad I change channels when he starts with his sarcasm, I just dont find him funny anymore, just irritating.

But as for the rest of the guys they are good and fair.

Quintin is a real nice guy and as you say he loves Lexus because he can appreciate quality. :driving:

Don't forget its not a fair argument as everyone here has a lexus. And on some of the stuff he says about Lexus is true. It looks fast and sporty but it aint!

Lexus cars my look the business but its about comfort reliability quality who needs super speed on the roads today after all the roads ARE NOT RACEING TRACKS.

Clarksons just not happy unless hes driving a feel every bump on the road 200 mph plus gas guzzler.

He hates Lexus because he knows what great service he would have got had he not bought a Mercedes. Can't see your local Ford dealer wanting to give the GT40 back in a hurry come service time !

He knows about good service because he also owns a Toyota

I think you can appreciate fast cars if you can appreciate this idea of the cool wall.

After all the guy is honest about the fact that he loves fast expensive cars. And what the hell, he's earned it.

Give me top gear over 5th gear any day. Richard Hammond is another story. This is Clarksons show and he overshadows everyone.

Does anyone even watch 5th Gear? :lol:

I wish they could bring some of the past presenters back to Top Gear like Quintin and Tiff. The new ones seem to have some weird tastes!

BTW Does anyone know who "The Stig" really is? :hehe:

Does anyone even watch 5th Gear?  :lol:

What a load of rubbish - all that was wrong with the old Top gear just being churned out on another channel.

Agree with Clarkson or not, top gear is easily the best motoring program on TV. In fact it is probably the best entertainment on Sunday evening TV full stop.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links