Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tomtom Go

Anyone using the TOMTOM GO in their Lex? What do you think of it? Good points, bad points etc.?

Been looking into it at the moment. Ive heard something about some cars needing a seperate antenna?

Would it matter where I mounted it or would the signal be the same where ever I put it?

Im thinking about trying to get a OEM nav housing and trying to mount it in there. Would it physically fit?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance. :winky:

Good piece of Kit, comes with arm which is the main ariel,and sticks on the windscreen via a suction cup We have a tunnel near us and don't lose the signal when going through

Buy it :D

i was thinking of buying one myself a month back but when i spoke to the so called EXPERT in the shop he said that I would have to purchase a separate aerial and fit it under the bonnet because my is 200 has a heated front screen and the element prevents the signal getting through ????????

but listeneing to you guys it sounds like a load of rubbish any thoughts

by thew way 399 was the best price i found anyone else found any cheaper

i was thinking of buying one myself a month back but when i spoke to the so called EXPERT in the shop he said that I would have to purchase a separate aerial and fit it under the bonnet because my is 200 has a heated front screen and the element prevents the signal getting through ????????

but listeneing to you guys it sounds like a load of rubbish any thoughts

by thew way 399 was the best price i found anyone else found any cheaper

Try this new site from Google

http://froogle.google.co.uk/

That sounds like balls as the IS only has the element where the wipers are, if it would stop the TomTom Go working then the normal Bluetooth GPS units would not work in the IS and they're fine in my experience!

Don't know about pricing, a couple of the lads bought them off Dabs just before Xmas as they were cheap there then....

I use TomTom 3 on my PDA and its fantastic. Its only GPS I've used where I would actually trust the routes it provides.

I just wish the maps were abit more up to date - but I know that the verison on the maps in Tom Tom go is slightly newer.

Good Luck -its a great choice! :D

Cheapest I've seen it for is also £399 (inc VAT and free delivery) from eBuyer.

Just bought the TomTom Go this afternoon and I must say Im really impressed with it. Just been out for a run to test it out and it works a treat. Touch screen and voice guidence are superb!!

If anyone is interested, I got it for £399 from Curry's. was meant to be £449 but got it price matched to £399! :driving:

only cars with metal in the glass such as solar glass (the stuff thats supposed to keep your car cooler in the summer) will affect GPS, My pda GPS will even get a signal indoors without a line of sight as I found out when I almost soiled myself late one night when this woman shouted at me, "Turn around when possible" at the top of her voice....

only cars with metal in the glass such as solar glass (the stuff thats supposed to keep your car cooler in the summer) will affect GPS, My pda GPS will even get a signal indoors without a line of sight as I found out when I almost soiled myself late one night when this woman shouted at me, "Turn around when possible" at the top of her voice....

When my son came home for Christmas, he picked mine up turned on said cool and then almost dropped it when it told him After 50 yards turn right :D

Excellent (I use TTN3 myself)

Get yourself over to www.pocketgps.co.uk in the forums there is a TomTom Go dedicated forum with tips etc in it :)

Thanks for that. Very helpful that forum. Just downloaded Speed Camera locations from that site! Well impressed!

Cheers mate.

Could you not fit these where the standard sat nav goes on the IS200 if you dont already have it?

Yes i'd like to do this. I dont have sat nav and want to fit this to a motorized housing so it will be out of sight without me having to remove the unit at night etc. Will just fold away nicely.

Could you not fit these where the standard sat nav goes on the IS200 if you dont already have it?

Yes i'd like to do this. I dont have sat nav and want to fit this to a motorized housing so it will be out of sight without me having to remove the unit at night etc. Will just fold away nicely.

Let us know if you manage to get it done mate. I would like to get the same sort of set up, but not going to get the TomTom untill i have somewhere to fix it. Motorized housing sounds perfect :P

Can't see how this can be done as the Tom Tom Go is designed as a stand alone portable unit

The TomTom Go is a mobile unit, but theres no reason why it cant be fixed permanantly. Maybe defeats the object a little I know, but the idea i've got in mind will also allow you to remove the unit from the housing in just a few minutes. The unit will also be wired to the ignition to keep it constantly charged.

Only thing I need to do now is to find out if it will physically fit in the housing where the OEM sat nav screen is. Not sure on the dimensions.

Can anyone help on this?

Cheers.

Can't see how this can be done as the Tom Tom Go is designed as a stand alone portable unit

The TomTom Go is a mobile unit, but theres no reason why it cant be fixed permanantly. Maybe defeats the object a little I know, but the idea i've got in mind will also allow you to remove the unit from the housing in just a few minutes. The unit will also be wired to the ignition to keep it constantly charged.

Only thing I need to do now is to find out if it will physically fit in the housing where the OEM sat nav screen is. Not sure on the dimensions.

Can anyone help on this?

Cheers.

115mm x92 mm x 58mm

Can anyone help on this?

Cheers.

115mm x92 mm x 58mm

Thanks for that mate, but I meant the sat nav dimensions where the screen goes.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone using the TOMTOM GO in their Lex? What do you think of it? Good points, bad points etc.?

Been looking into it at the moment. Ive heard something about some cars needing a seperate antenna?

Would it matter where I mounted it or would the signal be the same where ever I put it?

Im thinking about trying to get a OEM nav housing and trying to mount it in there. Would it physically fit?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance. :winky:

Hiya, i have tomtom go in my lexus gs300 sport and i have it to the right of the dashboard right hand pillar however i have put it in all different places and no difference, it works well anywhere and the suppplied suction bracket is great, no need for seperate antenna.

Recently fitted my TomTom Go into an OEM Nav housing. Looks great, tucks away nicely and works fine! Ive knocked up a removable front panal so it can be removed in seconds to be re-charged as well.

Just need to figure out how to wire it all up now so I can use the open/close and tilt buttons.

Anyone know where I should connect the wires too?

Cheers. :driving:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links