Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changing Wipers

aido

Just gonna nip out and give the car a clean (it's looking very ****ty right now and needs some TLC!!)

How do I replace the wiper blades?

I've bought the new PIAA ones but have never changed any before on a car and don't want to snap things like I sometimes do when I'm trying to figure out how things come apart!!1

Had a quick look on here and haven't seen anything or is it just blindingly obvious?

Thanks in advance!

Aye piece of ***** :)

Just swing the arm round so you can get to the little plastic notch on the end of the arm, push the notch in and slide the wiper out - reverse to put the new one in - easy :)

Aye piece of ***** :)

Just swing the arm round so you can get to the little plastic notch on the end of the arm, push the notch in and slide the wiper out - reverse to put the new one in - easy :)

very easy!

:winky:

be sure to attach the black plastic fitment the "right way around" though - otherwise the wipers will not lock back into place, and they will not work properly

Dunno if they're any good yet as I haven't been out when it's raining :P

Hear they're excellent, cost me about 60 quid I think from Demon Tweaks - basically the windscreen wiper equivalent of Rain X which I liked a lot!

At high speed I hear they don't hug the windscreen as much as they could, but if that's an issue (I never go above 70) you can get the Super Sporza with a built in fin to keep it held against the windscreen at speed!

have you used the silicone wipe on ya windscreen mate? they'll work much better with that as its pretty essential for the wipers to work at their best.

have you used the silicone wipe on ya windscreen mate? they'll work much better with that as its pretty essential for the wipers to work at their best.

Yes pal, it was all shiny when I'd finished, one thing it said on the PIAA website it didn't mention on the blades was to run them dry for 5 minutes after installation to get a silicone coating on the windscreen, on the packet it just says it builds up over time...

I just sat there listening to my CD while looking like a plonker with the wipers going when it wasn't raining :lol:

Dunno if they're any good yet as I haven't been out when it's raining :P

Hear they're excellent, cost me about 60 quid I think from Demon Tweaks - basically the windscreen wiper equivalent of Rain X which I liked a lot!

At high speed I hear they don't hug the windscreen as much as they could, but if that's an issue (I never go above 70) you can get the Super Sporza with a built in fin to keep it held against the windscreen at speed!

:crying: how much?? I paid £39 for mine from speeding.co.uk, including one sporza wiper. very good they are too. even managed to fit them myself, not bad for a GIRL eh?! :hehe:

Yes pal, it was all shiny when I'd finished, one thing it said on the PIAA website it didn't mention on the blades was to run them dry for 5 minutes after installation to get a silicone coating on the windscreen, on the packet it just says it builds up over time...

I just sat there listening to my CD while looking like a plonker with the wipers going when it wasn't raining :lol:

lol, i felt pretty stupid doing that too!

my PIAA wipers were £16 each, ordered online somewhere.

Agreed,

The wifey was complaining for ages about the ones on her typeR, after buying just the replacements (from halfords) then the bosch ones - they were all a pile of poo! We ended up with the PIAA super sporza silicon ones. They are the best thing and well worth the extra cash

is piaa wiper really good? compare to the bosch one!!! any difference?

The super silicon ones are amazing!!

As i said in my post the civic had standard honda ones, then replacement ones from Halfords then bosche and they all juddered and smeared. The PIAA silicon ones are smooth and really do the job. I think the trick is in the preparation of the windscreen. wash screen thoroughly, wipe dry, then use the little wipe it comes with, leave to dry, then use wipers in the dry to coat a fine layer of silicon for best effects.

My altezza has PIAA ones on (not silicon ones) but they seem really good as well (dont know how long they've been on the car tho')

in short

YES!

• 6 months later...
Hiya I've jut bought replacement Bosch wiper blades for my IS200 and the old ones will not budge..any tricks ? I've pushed int the little button and pulled but  there stuck fast. I don't want to use too much force but I think i may have to lift off the full wiper arm to get the litle bugger's out.

It'll come off - squirt of WD40 (but make sure your paintwork is protected) and give it a tap with the handle end of a screwdriver

Hiya I've jut bought replacement Bosch wiper blades for my IS200 and the old ones will not budge..any tricks ? I've pushed int the little button and pulled but  there stuck fast. I don't want to use too much force but I think i may have to lift off the full wiper arm to get the litle bugger's out.

It'll come off - squirt of WD40 (but make sure your paintwork is protected) and give it a tap with the handle end of a screwdriver

Hey all i need to get some for my is200 what length do i need, many to choose from.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links