Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Back Boxes

el_gencer

Ok, i'm considering getting a new back box. However i'm looking at the possibilites of getting something other than the hks ones that seems to be readily available. i know they good, i'm just after different name. just that so many have the hks boxes, i wanna be different when the time comes :)

So here's my list (its kinda short)

TRD

Toms

Apexi N1 Evolution

Blitz Nur S

All comments welcomed on the selection, such as good points (sound) and bad points (noise) and rough prices. Then maybe i can make my mind up and start saving.

Ok, i'm considering getting a new back box. However i'm looking at the possibilites of getting something other than the hks ones that seems to be readily available. i know they good, i'm just after different name. just that so many have the hks boxes, i wanna be different when the time comes :)

TRD

Toms

Apexi N1 Evolution

Blitz Nur S

All comments welcomed on the selection, such as good points (sound) and bad points (noise) and rough prices. Then maybe i can make my mind up and start saving.

The only one to get and its not on the list is Prolex-UK Back box :winky: :whistling:

TRD

Toms

Apexi N1 Evolution

Blitz Nur S

The only one to get and its not on the list is Prolex-UK Back box :winky: :whistling:

Check out Mr. Brown tongue!!! lol :lol: only joking Marcus!

Is the prolex one really that good ?

Its very good quality mate, and its not loud, just a nice deep note

MIGHT WANT TO HAVE A READ OF THIS

TRD

Toms

Apexi N1 Evolution

Blitz Nur S

:lol::lol:

TRD

Toms

Apexi N1 Evolution

Blitz Nur S

:lol::lol::lol: :P see its not its RED,

I have Prolex-UK Back box, IMO the sound is just right, :winky: :whistling:

personaly i own a HKS hiper, and the reason that so many of us have it is because its the best of both worlds. Power and style. it also is good because it goes quiet when cruising at motorway speeds. Once in 6th gear you can barely hear it which compared to some other back boxes is a excelent feature.

Have seen and heard the prolex on and the quality is excelent, the note is just right and looks realy good. definately a good on to have!

personaly i own a HKS hiper, and the reason that so many of us have it is because its the best of both worlds. Power and style. it also is good because it goes quiet when cruising at motorway speeds. Once in 6th gear you can barely hear it which compared to some other back boxes is a excelent feature.

Have seen and heard the prolex on and the quality is excelent, the note is just right and looks realy good. definately a good on to have!

Yeah, i do second that...

I have the Hiper, and its a nice burble at start up, and when accelerating it makes the most of the straight-six noise, without being as loud as to sound like the muppets in their saxos etc..

And i do a lot of motorway miles, and the best thing is, when cruising you wouldnt know it was there.....

I take it that the hi power slient replaced the hiper ? kinda confused thought as on the tdi web site it display this picture of the silent :-

TDI Hi Silent pic

and on the hks web page it looks like this :-

HKS Website Pic1

HKS Website Pic2

which one is it ? i'm only simple please help. :duh:

thanks for the help guys, its a toss up between the blizt and hi-power slient at the mo. need to check to see how much my insurance goes up by. should be a laugh.

my insurance last year didnt change (cosmetic mod)

With this one, i think it makes about a tenner difference..

How loud is the blitz ? is it a bit louder or "more" louder than the standard is200 back box ? i want the performance increase, but at the same time dont wish to be badged as muppet with a loud exhaust system. ie the corsa, nova, saxo and astra boy racers types.

How loud is the blitz ? is it a bit louder or "more" louder than the standard is200 back box ? i want the performance increase, but at the same time dont wish to be badged as muppet with a loud exhaust system. ie the corsa, nova, saxo and astra boy racers types.

the sound you get with the HKS combined with the straight six is a smooth and elegant sound, nothing like the big rumble boxes on corsas.

It is a classy sound like a porche etc.

Yeah, i do second that...

I have the Hiper, and its a nice burble at start up, and when accelerating it makes the most of the straight-six noise, without being as loud as to sound like the muppets in their saxos etc..

And i do a lot of motorway miles, and the best thing is, when cruising you wouldnt know it was there.....

blimey, my hiper's really loud on the motorway, a bit like an old world war II bomber type sound!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links