Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Buying From Dealers

Raddy

Anybody shed some light on the following:

I was recently browsing the Club Lextasy website where i discovered a very nice strut brace, the value of the item was shown as $150 ... I being the cheap skate I am I used a currency converter to find out how much that was in GBP (£82). :geek:

The listed price did not include postage and packaging

I thought this to be a bargain and subsequently went to the account page to find that as i was based in Europe i was unable to set up an account with them as they only provide to the US.

A little disheartened i contacted them via email to ask them if there was anyway around this to be told that i could purchase the product from a UK supplier ....

A therefore viewed the UK suppliers website but could not find the item listed. I contacted them via email to be told that they did stock it.

To my utter amazement and disbelief the item was retailing for £176 plus p&p :o

I immediately contacted them again querying the difference in price to be told this was due to the cost of shipping it to the UK, however if i was willing to wait until other orders were being shipped, i could get the product for approximately £40 cheaper although they could not comment on when i would have the strut brace delivered as they did not have any other orders at present (I wonder y??) ...... :whistling:

I might be wrong but i cant see it costing approximately £100 to ship a strut brace from the US???

Any comments welcome .......

A therefore viewed the UK suppliers website but could not find the item listed. I contacted them via email to be told that they did stock it.

To my utter amazement and disbelief the item was retailing for £176 plus p&p  :o

thats the way businesses work.

they charge what they feel people are prepared to pay.

hopefully, the fact that they haven't got any orders will make em realise that they are pricing themselves out of the market.

We have some traders here you could try - TDI and Prolex-UK both do these sort of things - sure they will pop into this thread and may be able to help out

I'm sure mark will have a sensible explanation.

What I've found is that with shipping,import duty,VAT the $ price works out as the £ price allowing for a respectable commercial margin for the seller.

BTW You could always have a Prolex-uk brace which is hand made and all british !!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links