Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Official New 2006 Is Topic

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The new engine won't be in either car until 2006. It has the lowest compression ratio of any diesel on the market to reduce the harshness you normally get. Should have best economy for class of engine (not confirmed as they are still working on it?) and it has an electric pre-spool on the turbo to reduce lag.

DJBARKER,

how much deposit did you have to put down on the car, im looking at placing an order too!

Dal

I've just ordered a new IS220D - will take delivery on the 1st March 2006 when my current IS200 Sport is three years old. :driving:

I had to put £500 down with Lexus Sheffield. At first they said I would have to put £1000 down unless I was already a customer. I told them that I didn't buy my car from them but I always get it serviced with them so they let me put £500.

Now I just have to wait 12 months...

Any ideas at all on C02 emmissions as thats a key factor in my choice of a new car in next 9 months.

I'm due to replace my petrol C-Class later this year and had narrowed doen the choice to Jag X-Type 2.0D or BMW 320D but I saw an article about the new Lexus IS due end 2005 and although there aren't too many details about the 2.2D model, it does look very nice compared to new 3series or older jag..

The 3series gets very expensive with some decent options like leather and sat-nav etc and I'm hoping the Lexus will be a better deal. The Jags an old model now but you get good value. If CO2's are higher than around 160ish then its not a good choice for me.

Is there any prices out on the IS250 yet? And what about colors and interior trim for the car?Is there an broschure out yet?

Does anybody know when you get your IS250 if you order one today?

I have the first order in at Lexus Bristol, but they know less about the IS 250 than the readers of this thread and are still waiting for info from Lexus HQ. Say delivery forecast is November but do not understand why they will not be able to take advantage of the new reg in September.

I am waiting for options and colours, their guess is the colours will be as the new GS!! B)

Any ideas at all on C02 emmissions as thats a key factor in my choice of a new car  in next 9 months. 

I'm due to replace my petrol C-Class later this year and had narrowed doen the choice to Jag X-Type 2.0D or BMW 320D but I saw an article about the new Lexus IS due end 2005 and although there aren't too many details about the 2.2D model, it does look very nice compared to new 3series or older jag..

The 3series gets very expensive with some decent options like leather and sat-nav etc and I'm hoping the Lexus will be a better deal. The Jags an old model now but you get good value. If CO2's are higher than around 160ish then its not a good choice for me.

There is not enough info available on Clean Power engine with 177hp, but upcoming lower version at 150hp shows promise. Its C02 emissions are estimated at 157g/km. Clean Power engine has more advanced cat, so it should be less than that, at higher hp.

Targetted MPG for Clean Power Avensis Saloon should be around 46.3mpg (estimated by toyota). Clean Power is 11% lighter than current 2.0D4d engine in avensis (114hp), and it is quiter up to 10db (which is pretty nice since Avensis unit is one of the more refined on the market).

With all the info currently know, it seems to be an awesome engine...

Whole new set of interesting shots of the IS350 can be found :) here.

That new interior looks SOOOO luxurious!

is350_interior.jpg

and another ...

is350_interior2.jpg

But what about the engine compartment :o

is350_engine.jpg

Have never seen anything like it before! Has anyone found out anything more about what this new style engine compartments is about? :question:

Have never seen anything like it before! Has anyone found out anything more about what this new style engine compartments is about?  :question:

to stop people from modifying it ? lol ...........

The new GS has an engine compartment like that too .........

dsc01421.jpg

Guys, I think the new sound system supports MP3 playback- if you look at the right hand control knob on the head unit it says 'File' next to 'Tune'. Yay!

Yep - following is from the NY IS introduction.

Standard features will be extensive,including Smart Access for keyless starting, a 13-speaker sound system with I-POD and MP3 compatibility ....

The front number plate on the current IS partially covers the lower grille aperture.

Always thought that it slightly spoiled the look by obscuring some of the lower grille.

New IS has a deeper area between the grilles.

How do you think it will ‘hang’ on the new one?

I've spent the past four weeks deliberating on what to replace my IS300 with when it comes up to 3 years in December.

After discounting almost every other marque over reliability, cost of ownership, or cost of getting a similar model up to the spec of my IS300... I came back, looked at the pictures of the IS250 again, and put my deposit down.

It's hard to find another car that has the reliability and the incredible Lexus customer service. Yeah, it doesn't have the "car park credibility" of some of the other marques, but you can't have everything!

Can't wait to actually see / drive one now!

Alistair

what you need to do is stick it next to an old IS.. definatly a much better looking car

The interior is much better too... old IS interior let the car down and many people have mentioned they dislike the interior of the OLD IS

I have to agree about the interior, but bloody love the performance.And the attention. :driving:

I've spent the past four weeks deliberating on what to replace my IS300 with when it comes up to 3 years in December.

After discounting almost every other marque over reliability, cost of ownership, or cost of getting a similar model up to the spec of my IS300... I came back, looked at the pictures of the IS250 again, and put my deposit down.

It's hard to find another car that has the reliability and the incredible Lexus customer service. Yeah, it doesn't have the "car park credibility" of some of the other marques, but you can't have everything!

Can't wait to actually see / drive one now!

Alistair

Sure glad I'm not the only think that way. too!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links