Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Joined The Gym!

MrADeveci

Reading post below, is it expensive?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Reading post below, is it expensive?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure.......... think i need all the help i can get....lol

This should help me ............ bingo !

Consumer Advice - Cooling-off Periods

Can I change my mind?

There are four main pieces of legislation, which give consumers the right to back out of contracts they have entered into. Remember you do not have to had signed anything in order to enter into a contract. Even by buying a newspaper from the newsagents you have entered into a contract to purchase goods!

Consumer Credit Act 1974

A consumer has a cooling off period of 5 days where:

* Credit is involved.

* The contract was signed away from trade premises.

* There were face to face negotiations with the seller.

The 5-day period begins from the time the second copy of the credit agreement is received by the consumer.

In terms of value for money I think £49.00 a month is pretty good for the London area.

I go to a 'Virgin Active' gym up here in the midlands and pay about the same but then I'm not tied into a contract. If you are prepared to be tied up on a rolling twelve month contract then you pay just £39 a month. I think my gym is about the same standard as your i.e. large with indoor and outdoor 25mtr pools.

I dont like the idea of having to pay for parking though, and even worse in a shoppers car park where there is probably a higher risk of your car being damaged.

I'm sure if you cancel quickly you wont have a problem - especially with the job you do, after all they obviously respect and appreciate your profession otherwise you wouldnt of been offered a discount. So I would be surprised if they made things difficult for you. Best of luck mate what ever you decide.

i joined Esporta gym by me last august and pay £54 per month and that is full gym with weights,brand new equipment, 8tvs by treadmills etc and tvs in changing rooms, pool sauna steam room and jacuzzi.

it seems expensive but i go gym 5times per week and use the pool sauna etc on saturdays so to me its worth it plus on tuesdays and saturdays its pimping days,some fit girls there which helps u train harder haha

but car parking is free

Did belong to Criklewood gym at Holmes Place .................£50 * 12 = £510.......all i idn was swim several times, that was aboutn it OMG very pricy, have learnt my lesson!!!!! no i'm not stupid

i am starting to think they pay you to much mr scarface £50 a month and a is300 :blink: and the old bill are always moaning about poor pay :P .dont they have a gym at the nick to keep you in good shape to chase all them scrotes .

jog round the block for free...

or get chased by the cops.. that will soon get you fit  :P

i like your thinking steve, jog to the Gym will save on parking fees, and Chasing MORE crims, will save on having to go to the Gym :)

.................£50 * 12 = £510.......

£50 * 12 is £600 fella :blush:

Me n the missus got joint membership at LA Fitness in January.

New Year offer - 2 for 1 = £50 per month for us both! :P Still a lot of dough though!

Full gym, weights, pool, sauna, steam room, classes (step etc) all inc!!

Missus pays for car park during the day, but they give her a bottle of water when she hands in her car park ticket. Parking free for me cos I don't go til 7pm! :D

Just got to start going now! :crybaby:

Seems a little expensive, during my not so lazy days I was only paying £10 a month unlimited use but no swimimng pool. Good/new equipment and a two minute walk from my house.

However that was with a Student card. Although no longer a student and I have not been there in a while my mum works at a college so its easy to get another student card!!

I think it ws only around £25 per month without it anyway. But as others have said, you do live in London. :blush:

i am starting to think they pay you to much mr scarface £50 a month and a is300  :blink: and the old bill are always moaning about poor pay :P  .dont they have a gym at the nick to keep you in good shape to chase all them scrotes .

They do have a gym @ work ...... thought very very basic ...... a few weights, and that's about it.

I have written them a letter now to cancel the membership ....... will send it registered delivery in a bit ...... or might just hand deliver it tonite!

Er, I also live in the cold north and pay 66 pounds a month to David Lloyd. Again just for comparison. But land here is cheap so for that money we have free parking, two pools, tennis courts stretching to the horizon all the gym and cardio euipment you can name.

Once you have the motivation you need to work out the cost per visit. For me 4 or 5 times a week works out at a bottle of Sainsburys plonk per visit.

this is one of the big benefits of being in the armed forces we get a free gym thats packed with all kinds of fitmess equipment and we have free gym hire and astroturf

and just to really rub salt into the wounds for those of you paying a gym membership fee it costs us £3 for an access card that lasts till we get posted to another camp :D

I don't think it's that expensive. We have an Esportia in Bristol - my mate's a member. He pays about £60 a month (no parking fees though).

I'm a member of David Lloyds in Bristol and am currently paying £62.50 a month. But if you price up how much a sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, indoor & outdoor swimming pool, weights session, and free sun bed (and loads of hot bods) would cost you on separate payments it isn't all that expensive.

Mr Scarface Sir,

With reference to your question about a cooling off period i cannot help you but what i can tell you is that once yu sign a contract agreement with Esporta Gym it aint easy to cancel it!! :angry:

The contract agreement you have signed is for twleve months, to cancel this agreement within that time you will need something offical like a doctors paper, sounds pathetic i know but otherwise they will continue with your direct debit :crybaby:

As for when your twelve months are up then you have to give them a months notice in writing ... then cancel your direct debit :D

I have just cancelled my subscription with them as they i found their fees to expensive and as already stated have found a gym closer to me who offer the same facilites for half the price .....

Hope you manage to get out of it someway?? Will save you a fortune

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links