Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Standard Alarm

My IS 200, 2000 model has sensors for the seatbelts on both passenger and driver seat. There is a light on the dash that flashes, for both passenger and driver if the seatbelts are not used when the car is running and someone is sitting in the seat............... :geek:

trinilex.............

This is how I do!

I turn off the engine, remove the ignition key.

Step out out the car.

ClosE all doors EXCEPT the drivers door.

Press the lock/unlock button, on the drivers door, "lock doors" and then "unlock doors". Do this three times! After doing this the "Security" lamp will flash very fast.

Now the "interior" sensor is switched off!

Close the door and lock the door with the button on the key as usuall!

This works great on my car, a IS200 SportCross -05.

Hope this works for you guys!

i'm kind of worried that nobody actually knows how the alarm system works :S

if the second press is meant for deadlocks, but deactivates interior sensor then what's the point? you gain one good thing, but lose the other?

i've noticed that there are passenger and driver seat belt warning lamps. Passenger is on the console, and driver is in the dash dials. (i do not know if the drivers side is pressure on seat related).

if the vehicle is auto-locking then this is quite possibly a dangerous thing if you were unaware of it, took the keys out the ignition but left them inside (say at a garage they put it behind the visor while they are moving cars around temporarily).

it would be cool if someone, or a collective of members could answer these things, it would put my mind at rest, for the future. :)

cheers all...

i'm kind of worried that nobody actually knows how the alarm system works :S

They do, the system changed a few years ago, there are different methods depending on car age

if the second press is meant for deadlocks, but deactivates interior sensor then what's the point? you gain one good thing, but lose the other?

see above

i've noticed that there are passenger and driver seat belt warning lamps. Passenger is on the console, and driver is in the dash dials. (i do not know if the drivers side is pressure on seat related).

The drives is not activated by pressure, but by the fact the engine is running, and there is no seatbelt clipped in the seatbelt catch

if the vehicle is auto-locking then this is quite possibly a dangerous thing if you were unaware of it, took the keys out the ignition but left them inside (say at a garage they put it behind the visor while they are moving cars around temporarily).

agreed....Lexus Officially say it cannot happen...... i say it does, its happened while my keys were on the seat

it would be cool if someone, or a collective of members could answer these things, it would put my mind at rest, for the future. :)

cheers all...

done....

done....

cheers Mat, so the only thing we are unsure on, is the auto-locking feature...

nope, were sure on that aswell, just depends wich model year

lol, :lol: okay.... say erm X reg 2000/2001...

erm, im not sure, Rob (fluff) or Colin will know, they took note of the changes i didnt bother :D

• 11 months later...

HELO ! :)

I'm new :blush:

you made me realize that I have a alarm on my is200 2000g :tomato:

bat I can't get eny saund aut of him! :blink:

I can't triger the alarm no mater %$#%$# I do!

haw to arm my alarm HELP! PLEASE!

Lock with the remote locker, and then try to open the car with the key. That should trigger the alarm.

:blink:

Mine is a 2000w and the dealer told me 1 press locks, 2 press deadlocks and it does sound as though it deadlocks on the 2nd press, but I get 5 flashes.

?

The dealer got it wrong. It will always deadlock on that age of vehicle and the second press is turning off the interior sensors.

Check the deadlocking - leave a window open, lock the door and then try and open it by reaching in and using the interior handle, it shouldn't open the door.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links