Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

furthest on a tankful.......IS200

Whats the furthest you've gone on a tankful ?

I did 427 miles this week...... going from my hoose nr Woolwich,London to Peterborough & back 2 days running.......did the trip in 2 hours each time as well (miracle) so was'nt hanging aboot........

Next task is the fewest.......:regan:

No idea what my best is but this tankful, I filled up and zeroed to record business miles - drove to Attleborough from near York (just over 200 miles) with the last 15 miles bombing through some country roads really enjoying myself - but completely lost looking for my hotel.... then to work and back each day all week and tonight all the way back again in some traffic queues on the A1 and a fair bit of the trip at 90+ (on private track......)

Got back and had done 452 miles on that tank - need to fill in the morning though!

I haven't done any great miles on the motorway yet - I think the most M/way miles that I've done on a tank is 50. Most is local stop/start traffic, and I usually fill up at about 350 miles done. It takes about 60 litres to fill it, so it works out to about 25 mpg :( Used to get about 23 mpg from my V6 2.5........

I'll get that extra 10 litres uswed next week !

Average speed.......as ever i didnt make myself clear (over 40):rolleyes:

my house to peterborough was 109 miles left 6.20 got there 8.10..........thats not bad as I have to get through the dartford tunnel 16 miles on M25 then M11 roadworks (am boring and obey those speed limits !) Rest of trip I was fairly sensible...........I try to get between 2 cars travelling quickly.........logic being the one behind will get caught by a following police car..............however these whizzy cameras they are installing will screw that cunning plan up:(

The fewest I have got so far is 312 miles on a full tank (people who went to the Milton Keynes meet know why:rolleyes:)

The most I have got is 382 on a long run averaging about 85(ish)

All I know is that it cost me £230 last month on fuel, which is a big jump from £80 a month in my 1.1 litre saxo!

I must say though, the Lex is a tiny bit nicer to drive so I will let it off!

:tumble:

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by DaveP

461 miles from Luxembourg to Slovenia then only managed to squeeze in 62 litres. Plenty of mountain, kickdown and about 25 miles when I stayed in 3rd by mistake. Definately not crawling either. So by my maths 500+ must be possible!

Pretty good for an auto!

Best I've managed (manual) is 468 miles and took 67l to fill up afterwards - plus half a pint of sweat looking for a petrol station :smilegrin:

do i win the fewest- i managed to get from warning light to warning light (about 60L) the great sum of 192 miles:o but the highest i got into was 3rd - Why i hear you ask, went for a trip into the mountains and at about 2500 - 3000M and 2nd most of time! well worth it though.

Originally posted by andyhart21

The fewest I have got so far is 312 miles on a full tank (people who went to the Milton Keynes meet know why:rolleyes:)

You did take the long route to McD's through.:lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links