Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hid Kit

GALLA_4

I had a prolex kit and I was very happy with it

I wanted something around 5000k bulbs and got a 5500k kit

if you go higher you end up with more blue,purple light and other than the pretty colour you wont light up the road any better than the standard lex halogen bulbs.

OEM HID bulbs are around the 4300k mark

HID are the ultimate lights to have at the moment

the one from eBay is cheap, but its going to cost you a fortune sending it back if it goes wrong

you pays your money and you takes your chance

They are the same make as the ones we have sold but the packaging is different. which could mean they are not quite as good as "mine".

The price of those is less than 1/2 the price of the ones I get (my price) which leads me to believe they are maybe a budget version.

Prolex-uk have sourced another range of HID kits which will be offered at £250 all in. These are being fitted to a customers car for a trial to guage ease of fitment and quality before I launch it officially.

@ Pete............If I remember correctly your "bulb blowing" was in fact a fuse. I havespare bulbs & ballasts here for meccatune kits if required for warranty purposes.

@ Pete............If I remember correctly your "bulb blowing" was in fact a fuse. I havespare bulbs & ballasts here for meccatune kits if required for warranty purposes.

Dave its not a fuse,every so often the O/S doesn't work this is about the 3rd time its gone and i have no reason as to why as it recovers though this time i've not used the car for over 2 weeks.The box isn't exposed as its tucked away as close to the inner wing as poss,hopefully will get a look at it this w/end to see if its the bulb (i suspect not) or the ballst box.

will let you know

when does the warranty run out?

Dave its not a fuse,every so often the O/S doesn't work this is about the 3rd time its gone and i have no reason as to why as it recovers though this time i've not used the car for over 2 weeks.The box isn't exposed as its tucked away as close to the inner wing as poss,hopefully will get a look at it this w/end to see if its the bulb (i suspect not) or the ballst box.

will let you know

when does the warranty run out?

10 MINUTES AGO :D

Think its 12 months so July 05.

Let me know how it goes

I had this where one bulb would work intermittently after playing with it it turned out to be the oem connector had a bit of corrosion on the contacts cleaned it and has been perfek ever since I think the Prolex kits are well made and I think good valve and delivered in a few days remember if u buy from the states and it goes wrong u have got a lot of grief

Ade :D

i have the prolex kit

superb bit of kit

was plug and play and took 15 minutes to install, no cutting of wires or any electronic wizardary needed

had a ballast stop working and was replaced the next day

not only are you buying a decent original kit, you get an after sales service that rivals lexus :D

They are the same make as the ones we have sold but the packaging is different. which could mean they are not quite as good as "mine".

The price of those is less than 1/2 the price of the ones I get (my price) which leads me to believe they are maybe a budget version.

Prolex-uk have sourced another range of HID kits which will be offered at £250 all in. These are being fitted to a customers car for a trial to guage ease of fitment and quality before I launch it officially.

Keep us updated! on this Kit!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, just to resurrect this thread as I'm new to all this HID stuff.

I'm interested in some HID's for my Lex and came across this Meccatune Red Sun kit also. I think the one Prolex sells is the Gold kit which must be of better quality than the Red Sun?

Also, I presume its just the main beam (9005) that gets upgraded to HID and not the dipped beam too?

On cars with OEM HID (e.g. IS300) is it just the main beam that is HID or is it dipped as well?

Sorry for all the q's :tomato:

Gavin

On cars with OEM HID (e.g. IS300) is it just the main beam that is HID or is it dipped as well?

Just the main beam .......... the dipped lights (side lights) are pretty pants .......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links